FINAL DISTANCE (since 2009)

FINAL DISTANCE (since 2009)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 89

 

 

GD replied to her. “Okay. Where?”

 

Dara tells the place where they will meet tomorrow. Dara is crying so hard while she’s keying her words to him. She said “It’s hard to throw it all away…”

 

All his memories with GD since the first time they met and the times when GD is so sweet to her, flashed back to her mind.

 

GD’s text says, “Okay! See you tomorrow!~ ^_^ Good night.”

 

Dara didn’t reply.

 

 

Tonight, GD was inside his room. He’s sitting on the side of his bed. He was leaning his elbows on his legs. He can’t calm himself down.

 

His image is already bad to Big Bang and 2NE1, and he was not aware of it.

Another sleepless night for Jiyong, because he was thinking about what TOP said to him. Aww.

 

Dara thought before the day ends, “Nobody knows what my plan is for tomorrow… I need no one to dictate what I should do every time. This time, I’m making a decision by myself. This is…… for myself.”

 

 

I’ve been stuck in the frozen stillness of this endless night. The shadows of the clouds gloomed and made my night to its darkest. In this silent night, I am mingled with fear, that his voice may shatter my dreams as his wings unfold and yield to her. This decision may wound me and so I will bleed willingly. Your loveless embrace awakes in my heart and if I do it, I will know the secrets of your heart, I can bear watching him furrow his happy tears with his heart filled with laughter and tears. Then I will just be able to see him wander with a friendly wind, she thought.

 

“Love doesn’t possess and so it shouldn’t also be possessed. If he’s happier with another girl now……… then…”

 

 

Tomorrow comes…

 

She fell asleep for a short time then wake at dawn with wingless heart.

 

She is thinking of the same thing before he sleeps and now that she wakes up.

 

But she has to carry on… she becomes busy with 2NE1 in doing the promotion of their album.

 

 

After doing their projects for the day, time has come.

 

They have finally met.

 

 

GD smiled at her when he saw her coming to the place. Dara fakes a smile.

GD said “I’m really sorry about yesterday.”

“That’s not a thing for you to be sorry about. It’s okay. *smiles*”

“Why did you ask us to meet each other now?”

“I want to tell you something.”

“What is it?”

“Can we have a… coffee first, or at least a cup of tea?”

“Ah. Okay?”

 

They go to a coffee shop.

 

They ordered coffee for each of them. They are now sitting in front of each other in one table.

GD said “We’ve never done this kind of formal date. *smiles* Drinking coffee and all these stuffs? It’s strange. What are you really going to say?” –He sensed that something’s going to happen. Dara doesn’t usually prepare and do those things so he knew there is something wrong.

 

Dara said “Jiyong… I will talk to you openly. Jiyong, I asked you yesterday what is wrong with us. You said nothing is wrong with us. But…… I really think there is.”

“What is it?”

“You.”

“Me?”

“Yes… I will gradually accept the truth now Jiyong, just tell me the truth.”

“What truth am I going to say?”

“Jiyong… I can take this no more. I can’t hold the pain you caused me with your lies.”

“What lies? Huh?”

“I can see we’re two in there.” –She’s referring to his heart.

“Two in what?”

“Acting like you don’t know it? Don’t try. I knew it already. I can accept it.”

“Why are you all saying things like that to me? What did I do?”

“Jiyong…… *teary eyes*…… if someone makes you happier, if someone gave the thing I didn’t give to you… if she’s what you wanted more… I’ll make it easier for you. It must have been tough for the both of us to survive for you. We have shared our life with each other for a long time… It’s painful to say… but… I’m now setting you free.”

GD was speechless to what she said.

 

The world revolves at its slowest after Dara says those words. Aww. It hurts for GD.

 

 

GD became sombre. He said “You’re breaking up with me?”

 

 

Dara didn’t answer. She’s afraid to let go of a single word from because she might just cry out loud in front of him. She’s trying to keep it all inside right now.

He speaks, “Is that it? You’re giving up?”

“Uh?” Dara looked at him.

“You will end everything between us right now?”

“You’re already in love with someone else, right?”

“I’m not in love with someone else.”

“You’re dating another girl aside from me.”

“I’m not dating anyone!”

“Really?! What do you think you and Kiko are doing?”

“We’re not dating!”

“Oh, going out with each other? Isn’t that dating?”

“We’re really not dating! Me and Kiko are just totally friends.”

“I saw you two before. You’re kissing her on the street! Is that what friends mean to you?!”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about!”

“Don’t pretend Jiyong. I saw it!”

“Huh? What street is that?”

“When I asked you to go out with me and you said you’re in Hongdae! I saw you there! You were kissing her!”

“I didn’t know about that. It didn’t happen Dara.”

“There are more eyes that have seen you two going out!”

“Just because they’ve seen us two together, you’ll believe them? You’ll think that I’m dating someone else?”

“Aren’t you?”

“I said I’m not dating her. Believe me!”

“Why are you always seeing her?”

“She’s my friend Dara. I told you that long time ago! Why do you keep on bringing this back?! She’s asking for my help about the fashion event that she needs to do in America! We’re not doing anything!”

“Asking for your help?”

“Yes! That’s why she asks me out always. She needs my opinion and tips. We both have skills to that so she consults me as her friend. I’m her friend. We’re going out, yes, but we’re only talking about those things and nothing more related to anything else.”

-Waaa! GD isn’t really cheating!

 

“Someone saw Kiko riding in your car.”

“It’s true. But it’s because we will buy clothes.”

“What about when you go in the hotel together?”

“Someone even saw us too there?”

“Yes! As I’ve said, many eyes have seen you.”

“I go to the hotel of where she’s currently staying to see the outfits that she will wear in the photo shoot. She said that she can’t bring them all out and show them to me so I just checked it out inside her hotel room. It’s all for business purposes.”

“Your perfume changed. Is it hers? Do you cuddle around with her that’s why you smell like a girl?”

“No! I really bought my own perfume! It’s not hers. It’s not anyone’s. It’s mine!”

“What about the messages? The calls?”

“She sends me messages sometimes and she calls me too but that’s because of the same reason. It’s about the big project that she will have.”

“Why do you need to come with her?”

“She asked for help. She even came here to Korea for me. How could I reject her?”

 

“Why didn’t you just tell me that it’s her who you’re seeing?”

 

“This is exactly the reason why I don’t tell this thing to you. Look at how you’re reacting now…… You misunderstood things easily. I’m just afraid that if I tell it to you, you won’t understand me again. Or you might react worse than this.”

 

“I will understand it more if you said it on the first place!”

“If I said it, then what? You’ll be jealous when we’re going out? It’s better hidden like that.”

“I even thought that you’re cheating on me because of what you did! Like when I asked you who texted you when we’re in YG, you said he’s a guy, it’s Kiko, right? If I’m not mistaken!”

“He’s really a guy! He’s my friend. He’s not Kiko! Why do you think like that?”

“Things are better if you don’t act strange with me. You’re not calling me, you don’t text me. You are not the same as before when we’re together or even when we just see each other! You said you can’t set me free and you can’t break up with me but why did you have to do all that?”

“I’m really busy. And… the reason why I really act like that is because…… I’m still not over the trauma from what you did to me. I’m just unwinding Dara. My experience is not a funny story… it’s not something you can easily forget. As a man, as your boyfriend, it hurts for me knowing that you almost fell for my own friend. Do you know how it feels? It feels like I lack so many things that he became more capable of doing more of what I wasn’t able to do for you so you fell for him. I feel betrayed. But I still treat him the same as before. You know how hard it is? I just try to act like nothing really happened and it’s actually the hardest. I kept my feelings in me so only me knows what I’m doing and the reasons for my actions. I’m a man. We keep things to ourselves sometimes. Dara…I’m still on the adjustment period… especially to you. You’ve been cold to me too before. You made me worry all night, got me thinking about our situation and wondering on our relationship……… Right now, you probably know what it feels like.”

“I never meant to hurt you. I know I disappointed you. I hate it too and I also feel bad about it, if ever you didn’t know. I’m the one who’s hurting now. I guess karma attacked me. I know that I also made you think that the trust we had before is broken. But don’t bring everything to me like it was my entire fault. Nobody’s perfect.”

“I know and I’m not blaming you.”

“I feel sorry about that.”

 

“I can’t imagine you’ll break up with me because of Kiko. Have you ever tried hearing my side first before making that decision?”

 

Dara was silenced. GD said “Dara…… I still love you. Why can’t you trust me like the way I trusted you?” –Awww.

He trusted her so much before that he didn’t think of something else between her and TOP but there really is something else.

Dara suspects GD and Kiko and thought that they have something between them which in reality is not true.

 

Dara felt guilty to everything that she did. All the suspicions and everything that she thinks about what he’s doing with Kiko.

GD said “You still don’t trust me completely. You didn’t know me well too.”

“….”

“I admit. I thought of doing that one before but I didn’t. I don’t cheat on girls. I don’t do that thing. If you’re talking about the image I represent, anyone can predict that I can do it because I’m a bad boy but that’s only on the outside…. And… I understand that you hardly trust any guy that’s why you can’t trust me completely, so do I, Dara.” –He’s talking about the guys in Dara’s life. (Her father and ex)

“I’m sorry for that. It’s my own problem. I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to think of you like that and I never meant to hurt you like this.”

“I’m sorry too. I am also wrong. I should have just told you about the thing with me and Kiko so you won’t think like that. Again, I’m sorry…”

“I’m sorry too. I thought you don’t love me anymore because you’re so frigid to me.”

“It’s just hard to bring that trust back. Not any short time can tell that. I hope you understand me.”

“Ye.”

“I’m sorry if I hurt you. I should have controlled my actions when I’m with you. I just hope it’s all clear to you now, so whenever I act different again, you already know the reason behind.”

 

 

The coffee that they’re drinking lately lost its steam. It’s already cold because of their conversation.

 

 

GD said “It was quite disappointing to know that you’re breaking up with me lately. I hurt you because you thought I cheated. Again, I’m sorry……….. but…..”

 

“????”

“Dara.”

“Ne?”

 

 

“…. We will never break up.” –Awww.

 

 

Dara looks at his eyes. She feels happy inside. What she’s thinking before of what he will say now is the complete opposite of what he did. He didn’t let Dara do what she wants. GD has a tight grip on their relationship. Dara was just carried away by her emotions but she loves him so much too.

 

It’s the last words GD told Dara that afternoon inside the coffee shop. They left the cups on the table, filled with coffee and not empty. Remember what the cup stands for, according to GD.

 

GD and Dara were successful in surpassing the challenge to them. They were able to fix it. They knew each others’ mistakes and also their own weaknesses.

 

They go home after they met.

 

GD was on his way home and he thinks, “I think I know what’s going on. Now, what TOP hyung said to me yesterday makes sense! He has something to do with this issue! And the others… Se7en and Taeyang! They’re one of those many eyes that Dara is talking about!” –Haha!

 

He goes back home.

 

 

When he entered their dorm… TOP, Taeyang and Seungri are in the living room.

He said “Perfect timing. You’re all here!”

 

They were talking to each other and when Jiyong came in and said that, they looked at him. He stands in front of them.

 

“Tell me everything that you talked about.”

The reaction of their faces is like, “Huh?”

“TOP hyung! Taeyang! I knew why you’re acting so weird and asking pointless questions to me before!”

Taeyang said “Jiyong…”

“What? You know something about me and you didn’t even tell me?”

Taeyang said “I didn’t believe them. I just asked.”

“You still suspect me after all.”

TOP said “What happened?”

“Dara met me lately. I knew that she knew this all along maybe because of some of you!”

Seungri looked at TOP and Taeyang.

TOP said “What? I didn’t tell anyone. Only Big Bang, I swear!” –Haha! And that defence from you TOP, makes it more obvious that it’s you.

Seungri said “Is there any other else except from Big Bang?”

“…… I didn’t actually tell it. She heard our conversation on the phone… Bom noona heard it.”

Seungri said “Aish! Bom noona is closest to Dara noona! She told her!”

GD said “Don’t blame noona. It’s an advantage that it came to Dara faster rather than spreading it more. It’s better off revealed straight to the point so that the problem will be solved earlier.”

TOP said “But… what really happened?”

“TOP! You knew about this, right? You asked me last night. You say words that I couldn’t understand but that’s yesterday, not now. Who else knows about this?”

Seungri answered “Only Big Bang… and…. Maybe 2NE1?” –Yeah, he thinks that because Bom knew it, and they’re girls, they will talk about it together.

GD said “Why didn’t you guys just tell me about what you all see before telling it to others?!”

TOP said “How would we tell you?”

“Just tell me than to judge me without knowing what really happened! Aish! Tell me what you all saw!”

“I saw you going out with Kiko and she rides your car.” –TOP.

“So, it’s you who saw that, we’re not dating, we’re just buying clothes!”

“But why did you two have to be together?”

“Can’t friends be together? Can’t I socialize with other people?!”

TOP can’t answer. GD asked Seungri next, “You?”

“You went in the hotel with her.”

“What’s up with that?”

“It’s a hotel and it’s only the two of you together.”

“Not because it’s a hotel, it’s a place for something malicious! Hotel is a public house. It provides room for guests, strangers and visitors! And not because we entered as two, we’re going to do that thing you have in mind! Why are you all so spiteful?!”

“What did you two do?”

“She just showed me clothes that she’ll wear for the photo shoot! Nothing else but that!”

“I thought—”

 

“What about you Youngbae?”

“I didn’t see anything.”

“Why did you ask me?”

“You already answered my question just now.”

“What else did you all see for you all to think of me like I was cheating?!”

TOP said “You’re texting a lot. I even saw her message deep down from your inbox.”

“I have my own business matters with other artists! I am not hiding anything! TOP hyung, when you asked me who am I texting, it’s Minsuh(Myung Soo) hyung. We’re going to perform in 2NE1 NOLZA. He also asked me to do a song with him again before. I only have messages related to work and that includes Kiko to them all.”

TOP asked “Why are you going out with her when you already have a girlfriend?”

“What? Is it that bad? Don’t I have the chance to socialize with other people or girls when I have a girlfriend? Dara is my girlfriend but that doesn’t mean that I can’t live my own life and just live it all with her and only her. I am also a man, I have friends, I have buddies! I have my life! Please let me live it on my own for once!”

Seungri said “You made it look like that to us.”

“You’re making it as a big deal when it really isn’t. Just because you saw me with another girl and her alone, you’ll think that I’m cheating? That we have a relationship? We’re just friends! Aish! This is extremely lame! People are only the ones who are making this whole issue. Nothing is going on between us. I will never hand over Dara.” –Aww.

 

They did not talk.

 

GD said “And one more thing, don’t spread gossips, *looks at Seungri* (Hahaha!) especially you, yobbo! And all of you! You all judge from what you only see. You don’t try to look at it deeper.”

 

[NOTE: ‘Yobbo’ means brutal or cruel fellow or bully.]

 

Taeyang said “Jiyong, we’re sorry.”

“Next time, I want all of you not to heed about what I have in my outside life in YG. Although I understand why you all did that, it’s because you’re all my brothers and you’re just concerned to me… or to Dara, but you should just confront me and ask me what really is happening instead of thinking for so many things. That’s how gossip in this world began. I want you all to stop doing that. Don’t be one of them.”

-Big Bang’s leader talks so efficiently!

Seungri said “Hyung, we’re sorry to bother your own personal life.”

“Just don’t do that all again!”

“Are you mad at us?”

“I’m… disenchanted. I’m not…. Yeah, I’m slightly mad. I’m telling you all, don’t do that again. It’s just irritating. Don’t turn me down like this.”

 

He walked out and entered his room. He vaguely slammed the door.

 

The three were left sitting there.

Taeyang said “I told you GD is not the kind of man who would cheat.”

Seungri said “Aisssh! It’s TOP hyung’s fault!”

“Ah?! Why me?! It’s you! Things won’t get worse if you didn’t think of something else in a hotel!”

“I just told what I saw. Who spreads it?”

“I didn’t spread it! Bom knew about it!”

“You’re a slapdash guy! Why would you talk that loud?”

“Bom was right beside me. I didn’t know that she was then she heard it.”

Taeyang said “You should be more careful because it’s a very sensitive case.”

Seungri said “If TOP hyung didn’t start saying about what he saw then it would have been okay now.”

Taeyang said “But before hyung said something, Bom noona started that topic to me.”

“So it’s Bom noona’s fault!”

“We all have faults. Shut up!” –TOP. Hahaha.

Seungri said “We just told what we saw but then even before it, there was already a speculation to it. And it didn’t only come from us, but many of us, we just knew about it at the same time.” –Maknae’s right!

TOP said “What’s the sense of blaming each other?”

Seungri said “It’s your fault.” –Hahaha! Again?

Taeyang said “GD is all mad to us. What do we do?”

 

 

TOP said “We just have to accept it.”

 

Seungri said “Expect that it will last only for this night.”

Taeyang said “I don’t think so.”

Seungri said “Next 3 nights?” –Haha.

 

After that, they still blame each other until they have decided to get in on their own rooms.

 

 

In 2NE1’s dorm…

 

 

Dara was sitting on the chair inside her room. She was facing her table and with a lamp on side of her. She said “But I cannot remove the thought that maybe Kiko likes him. I mean, why would they go out so often like that? If she knows that GD already has a girlfriend, why did she keep on going out with him? If she’s really pretty much aware then she must have kept distance and limited her moves towards him… or maybe… she doesn’t know about us yet?... Should I call her? Should I meet her? We’re not close, how can I do that?”

 

She thought “I got to find someone close to GD who has Kiko’s number, but who? Or… should I just get it from GD’s phone? But… how? GD is not moving closer to me nowadays and I expect him that he will still be…”

 

She remembered what Bom told her, that if she doesn’t want to lose him, she needs to do everything, even the impossible ones.

She thinks of a way of how to do it. She called TOP right away.

 

She said “TOP-ssi? Can you do a favor for me?”

“What is the favor all about?”

“It’s about GD.”

“Ah. I’m sorry to say this but I can’t do that right now. GD’s temper is not that good to me.”

“Why?”

“He knew it all so he gets mad to us, especially to me and Seungri.”

“Ohh… How about Taeyang?”

“Try asking that favor to him.”

“Okay. Thanks!”

“Ye.”

 

Dara called Taeyang.

Taeyang was inside his room and silently lying on his bed. He answered “Ye, oh, noona?”

“Youngbae, I need your help!”

“What can I do for you?”

“Do me a favor. Can you get Kiko’s number on GD’s phone?”

“Ah….? Why would I do that?”

“I need to do something. Please… he’s not mad at you, right?”

“I think he is.”

“You’re his best friend! You’re the only one whom I can trust to with this.”

“Why am I going to get Kiko’s number?”

“I want to talk to her.”

“Jiyong is inside his room.”

“Please just help me with this. Make a way of how to get it from him.”

“Aish. Alright, I’ll do it.”

“Omo! Thank you so much Youngbae! You’re so…daebak!!”

“Yeah. I’ll just call you and tell her number when I’m done getting it.”

“Okay! Thank you again!!”

“Ye.”

“Annyeong~~!”

“Ne. Annyeong.”

 

He disconnected the call and then he sits down on his bed.

He said “Aish. I hate it when I’m being tasked like this.” –Haha. But he still takes the favor!

He looks at the clock and it’s already 11 PM.

He thought “GD is a nocturnal person. How could I know if he’s asleep at this time? Recently, he usually sleeps at 10:30 PM so he must be asleep by now.”

Taeyang stands up. He’s going to open the door of his room but he stops just right there.

He thought “Wait. I got to think of a plan first. What should I reason out by going in his room?”

 

YB thinks of a plan. Aww. He’s helping Dara.

 

5 minutes later, he gets out of his room. He might have some plan in mind right now.

Big Bang members are all in their rooms and sleeping by this time. The lights are off in the living room.

 

He opens GD’s room slowly without making any sound as much as possible. He sneaks in and tiptoes in his room. He saw GD lying in his bed. GD is facing back at him. Taeyang thought “Whew! He’s asleep!”

He is now trying to find GD’s phone. He thought “GD usually leaves his phone in this table. Where is it?”

 

 

Suddenly…

 

 

 

“What are you doing inside my room?” –Waa! Haha. He looked at GD and saw him looking at him.

He said “Ah. You’re awake! I thought you’re already sleeping!”

“Why are you here?”

“I’m just going to say sorry. I owe a sincere apology to you so I’m here.”

“Then what are you doing there in front of my table?” –Hahaha.

“I’m… Ah… I’m supposed to leave a letter instead because I thought you’re already asleep.” –Wise excuse! Haha.

“I’m not mad at you Youngbae!”

 

When GD said that, Taeyang was looking at him and he saw the edge of GD’s phone under his pillow.

He thought “There it is!”

He said “I’m… really not one of them GD.”

“I said I’m not mad at you. Stop explaining.”

Taeyang thinks of a way of how to get his phone. He jumps to GD’s bed and lies beside him. He said “I knew you can’t get mad at me, mate!”

“What are you saying? I’m mad to all of you lately. I’m not now.”

“Nice try.”

“I’m really mad lately!”

“You’re mad until now. Aren’t you?”

“I’m just…Aish. Get out of my room before I get that feeling again.”

“Oh come on Jiyong, tell me… what happened to you and Dara noona lately?”

He said “It’s already 11 PM, go back and sleep now.”

“Tell me about it first. I’ll sleep later.”

“…You won’t believe me. Dara is breaking up with me.”

“Really?! What did you do?”

“I didn’t let her do that. We will never ever… be apart. No matter what happens.” –Aww. =)

“You sound so obsessed. That love’s dangerous.” –Haha!

“Everything is, actually.” –Hahaha. He means that being a celebrity couple is really dangerous.

“Yeah. But you chose that, mean it.”

“I do. Haha. And you know what else more she said to me?”

“What?”

He tells the whole story of what happened lately to YB, his best friend. Aww. We all know that when GD tells a story, he does it with complete actions and expressions. While he was telling it all to Taeyang, Taeyang had his other arm’s elbow leaned on the bed and the other hand on rest. Taeyang is secretly getting GD’s phone under his pillow by his other hand. Hahaha. Of course, GD won’t notice it because he’s too wrapped up in telling what happened to him and Dara. Nice technique YB! LOL.

 

He already had his hand under his pillow and now groping for his phone. But since GD is still lying, his head is over his pillow and he actually felt it. Haha! Uhwaaa.

 

GD said “Wha-What are you doing in my pillow?”

Taeyang hurriedly touches Jiyong’s head and said “Ah! I like your hair! Really! You look more of a bad with these. Did you do your hair?”  -Hahaha! Trying to distract GD’s attention.

Taeyang was his hair. LOL! How weird it is? Haha.

GD’s attention was again diverted to whatev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter