FINAL DISTANCE (since 2009)

FINAL DISTANCE (since 2009)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 76

 

 

GD gawked at Dara and it was very long. He was smiling. His smile seems to mean something, like he was sad on the inside.

Dara smiled at him and said “Why?”

G-Dragon said “Never mind.”

“Why are you staring at me like that?”

“Dara-yah.”

“Ne?”

“I know a lot of problems like this will come to us. I want you not to give up on this kind of things. *smiles* I’ve been like a broken record for saying this repeatedly. I just want you to know about it because I won’t absolutely make it, if I… if I lose you. I can’t take it, really.” -Awww. Jiyong is afraid to lose her.

Dara smiled and said “Of course! We’ll make it!”

Jiyong bowed his head cutely and said “Okay. I just wondered of that because it has been running through my mind since then. I just want to make sure.”

Dara hugs GD and said “No. I won’t. We already wished on the shooting star, right? It will come true.”

GD said “We must not rely on stars and sayings like that.”

“So do you mean that what we wished lately should not be taken seriously?”

“That’s not what I said.”

“But it seems like that to me. Isn’t it?”

“What I mean is, when you wish and you do less effort to make it come true, of course, it won’t come true. A wish can’t automatically be granted without people trying hard to get it so.”

“You got it right there.” GD looked up.

Dara said “What are you looking for?”

“I…I’m just wondering if there will be a meteor shower tonight.” –Hahaha. GD is expecting more of the shooting stars to come, why? For him to do less effort in his wishes and just rely on shooting starsss to come. Haha!

Dara laughed and said “You just said lately that---”

“Yeah I know. I’m just joking.”

“Ah. Jiyong?”

“Ye?”

He’s still looking up. “I said to my parents that I will go home this night.”

“I thought you’re shooting for 2NE1TV? Aren’t you going to sleep in your hostel?”

“I already told them that I will be out for tonight.”

“So that’s why they left you lately?”

 “Right.”

“Then *looks at her*… are you saying that you need to go home now?”

Dara checks her watch. She said “They might get worried if I didn’t go home early.”

“You’ll go home already?” He gets sad.

“Ne. I think.”

“But we’re just together for about *looks at his watch* 3 hours and a half.”

“But I need to. It’s unbelievable that I’ll go home early, right?”

“This is funny. I’m not used to it either.”

“*checks her watch again* Ah no! It’s not early already! It’s already late at night.”

“It’s nearly 11 PM.”

“Yeah. Ji. I need to go.”

“Let’s go somewhere else first Dara!” He suggests like a child.

“Where?”

“In our house?”

“Why in your house? What are we going to do there?”

“First of all, are you willing?”

“I’m willing. I just can’t do it now. And besides, your family will see me again.”

“And you’re shy?”

“I’m kind of.”

“Oh come on. I’m sure they would like to see you there.” He grabs her hand and said “Let’s go.” Dara talks no more so she just goes with him. In a while… Dara breaks the silence while they’re walking.

She said “Why are you doing this?”

“What do you mean?”

“You’re bringing me to your house.”

“I want to introduce you to them but now, as my girlfriend.”

“What?! No!” She attempted to let go of his clutch.

GD said “Why?”

“If they knew, they might be against us too! Didn’t you think of that?!”

“I don’t think they will. In fact, they want me to have a girlfriend already. It has been years since I had one before.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes. Don’t be scared baby. We’re two in this.” –Aww. That was comforting~ So they continued walking until they reached Jiyong’s house! Haha!

Jiyong opened the door slightly and trying to make no noise because it might wake them all up. It’s been 11 PM so they are probably asleep. They entered and Dami is in the living room. Dami saw GD with Dara. GD got a little bit nervous to see her straight away after they entered and he didn’t notice that he’s still holding Dara’s hand. Haha.

He said “Oh! Noona!” Dami was still looking at them. Maybe she’s still shocked of what she saw. Hahaha!

GD said “Why aren’t you sleeping yet?”

“Because I still have a lot of things to do…?” –still looking at them. Dara smiled at her and said “Annyeong hashimnikka(Good evening).”

Dami also smiled and said “Come in.”

GD and Dara sit on the couch in the living room and it’s quite messy because Dami has been making designs for the shirts that she’s going to sell.

Dami said “Jiyong. Did you forget to tell me something?”

GD looked at her then looked at Dara after.

He said “Ah noona… Yeah. Dara-ssi…is…is…now my girlfriend.” Wow! That is straight forward!

“Yeochin?!” Dami said.

 

[NOTE: Yeochin is the shortened Korean word for “girlfriend”. Girlfriend = Yeojachingu.]

 

GD said “Ne…”

“Since when?! Aigoo! Dara-yah. What did he do to you in order to---”

GD breaks off and said “Aish. Noona! I didn’t do anything bad to her for her to be my girlfriend!” –LOL.

Dami sighed in relief. Hahaha!

Dami said “Since when did this start?”

Dara looks up. She’s thinking when.

Dami said “It seems like it was long ago uh~”

GD said “We were almost …uhm… half a year.”

“Whoa! That was really--- nice! Dara, how’s the feeling with my brother?”

“Ohh. It was wonderful.”

“Glad you think of that so, because I think, being with my brother is such a burden. Forgive him, if he becomes too playful sometimes and when he’s giving you a lot of headaches already just because of his shrewdness.”

“I’m not shrewd!” GD said.

“Oh yes you are!” Dami said.

Dara is just smiling.

Dami said “Dara, my brother is very lucky to have a pretty girl like you.”

Dara said “Thank you.”

GD said “Noona! You talk like as if I’m the ugliest person in the world.” –LOL!

Dami said “I didn’t say something like that.”

Dara and GD were just left smiling while sitting on the couch. Dami talked.

She said “I knew you have something between you two. Since Dara came here before, I knew that there’s this possibility and here it is, it is proven that it is indeed possible.”

GD smiled and said “You’re observing us?”

“Of course! That is for me to know that my brother will fall into good hands! Now, I have no regrets, you’re with a good girl and a match that is perfect for you. I like her for you.”

GD looked at Dara and said “You heard that?”

Dara smiled and said “Ne. I did.”

Dami said “May I excuse my self for a while. I need to finish this tonight so…”

“Ah-oh. Yes. We got it.” He said as he dragged Dara to his room to let his sister focus on what she’s doing in their living room. Dami continued what she’s doing after they left with a smile on her face.

She said “My brother will be having a good life from now then…” –Aww =) She is very assured to Dara.

GD and Dara go inside GD’s room.

Dara said “Oohh~ Your room is always clean.”

She walks near his bed and GD follows.

“Of course! Because no one’s staying here that’s why it’s clean… *chuckles* I come here seldom that’s why no one’s living here for a while.”

“That’s why this room looks sad.”

“Let’s make it happy!”

“How?”

“Mmmm…”

Dara became a little bit serious and loses a beam on her face. GD noticed it. Dara checks her watch and said “It’s already 12. Ji…”

GD sits down on his bed, facing her while she’s standing in front of him. His expression was as staid as a lonely man.

He thought “I can’t believe that after all of it, she’s still thinking of that thing.”

He said “Do you really have to go home?”

“Yes.”

Jiyong showed up a cute sad face like a child which is adorable.

Dara said “I’m just going to call them.”

She dialed the number of her mom and calls.

She talked “Umma.” She keeps on talking, “Yeah, I’ll be going home just later.”

“Ne ne… Don’t worry. I’m just fixing something, yeah. I will. I will… annyeong.”

While she’s speaking on the phone, GD has been acting strong like he didn’t mind even if it upsets him in some ways already.

He thought “This is making me feel awkward.”

After Dara was done talking to her mom. There was a noiseless ambiance. The only thing that they could hear was the ticking of the clock’s needle.

GD said “Don’t go yet.”

“But I told them that I will so I have to.”

“Is there any spell that will be broken if you don’t?”

“Huh?”

He is smiling when he said “Did some kind of a Fairy Godmother warn you to be home at 12? Cinderella usually does this sort of things.”

Dara said “But this is serious Jiyong. I need to go.”

He stands up and said “But—you have to go, but—you told them that, but—it’s 12. All I can hear were but’s. What’s next?”

“Ji…”

GD laughs a little, “Final question. I want you to give me a final answer too, should you really go home tonight? It’s late. It’s dangerous outside.”

“Jiyong. I will still.”

It surely got an impact to Jiyong because Dara wants to go home instead of staying with him. He’s feeling a bit discarded because of it.

GD continued “You’re going home tomorrow anyway Dara. It’s just the same if you go home now or just when the sun rises. The only thing that makes it different is when you go home now, it’s more risky.”

“What is exactly your point?”

“Don’t put another meaning to this. I just wanted you to be safe. I’m worried about you. What if someone kidnaps you? … *long pause*…No Dara, I can’t let that happen. So tonight, stay with me.” –Awwww. ♥ What a protective boyfriend you are, Jiyong. Dara said “What if--”

“I can’t say anything that I can’t take responsibility for, Dara.”

Dara can’t speak after that like she had dried or something but her heart that time was swollen because of what he said. Because of it, Jiyong felt that Dara has decided.

“Thank you.” GD said.

“What will we do now?”

“It doesn’t matter if we do something or not. The only thing that matters to me now is our time together.”

“Right.” She goes around his room.

GD was just standing at his same old position and staring at her while she’s wandering around like a child.

She said “You have a lot of clothes uh?”

“That’s one of my addictions.”

“I know.”

GD laughs. Dara is walking back to him. She said “Your room is big for a single person to stay in.”

“No because we’re already two in here now.”

“Ah. You’re right.” She smiles.

“This is also a simple room. I like it.”

“It’s like you just saw it now!”

“Yeah I’ve seen this before but I didn’t look around so much because you’re sick that time, how could I?”

“Are you saying that you’re busy taking care of me that time?”

“Shouldn’t I?”

“Haha. Thank you for that again.”

“Okay!” She is now near him but an unexpected thing happened. She tripped on the carpet near Jiyong’s bed. She said “Oh!!!”

She holds onto Jiyong’s shirt and accidentally pulled him in. Jiyong was also a bit shocked. Now they got to his bed. He had fallen on top of her. Uhwaaah! That was a fast incident! And… on that position, they are both frozen like a statue. They can’t make a single move. GD stared at her eyes and he’s still not removing his gaze for about 10 seconds ago. Dara stares back.

She thought “Is he going to do something? Andwae! Andwae! >.<”

Dara speaks out “Sorry for that. I didn’t mean to pull you in.”

GD said “Is there anything surprising knowing that you’re clumsy?”

Dara smiled a bit, she said “Yeah. It’s my fault that’s why I’m sorry.”

GD’s hands were leaned on his bed so he can lift his weight up. Dara can clearly smell GD’s cologne, the smell that she usually smells when GD is around since then. GD was looking on her lips that seemed like he likes to kiss it. Dara guzzled deeply which explains how nervous she is right now. Haha! Dara speaks something in her mind, “Aigoo! I can’t resist the aroma! I must resist…must…resist!”

GD said “Sandara-ssi…”

“N-n-ne?” She can’t look straight at him.

“I love you.”

Dara said “I love you too. You know that.”

GD smiled “Is that it?”

“What do you mean?”

“Just that?”

“???”

“Aissh.”

Dara smiled. She bolted forward and threw her hands around his neck then cling on it a bit which made him lose the strength on his hand that’s been leaning on his bed. So his chest was now leaning on hers and their bodies are collided to each other. Dara said “Saranghae Yong yoooooong! ^.^”

GD laughed and said “What? Yong yong?”

“Yes. I heard that before from Big Bang. They’re calling you that nickname.”

“I didn’t know that you’re my stalker before.”

“I’m not a stalker! I just have that sensible skill to the person that I like.”

“Ye ye, now I think that’s enough. =)”

Dara said “You have your muscles!”

“Every human does have them!”

“No. What I mean is… yours is…” She paused. GD is waiting for the continuation of what she’s saying. Their heads were beside each other, GD’s face was facing the bed and Dara’s face was facing the ceiling. GD slowly faces her face so Dara faces him too. Their face is very close to each other by this time. Dara’s hands around GD’s neck slowly lose its grip. GD moved up. He put his arm in both sides of Dara’s head which cornered her. He is on top of her.

He said “The reason why I don’t want you to go home is because… I saved a present here for you.”

He looks serious but his voice sounds so sweet.

“What is it?”

GD slowly moved his face towards hers. Dara closed her eyes, a signal that she’s ready to it. GD kissed her lips and closed his eyes too. It’s a bit longer than their first kiss. GD knows how to treat a girl right so he knows whether he’s beyond the limit or not. He cuts it off after maybe 10 seconds. He looked at her after that.

He said “Dara… Please don’t go home.”

Dara said “I---I…”

GD said “I just wanted to greet the morning with you.”

“We always have our mornings together.”

“Oh come on Dara… just this time before you fly to L.A.” –Aww. So that’s his main reason that’s why he doesn’t want her to go home. Dara was stopped to that. GD lied beside her instead. They’re now both facing the ceiling.

GD said “I’ll go to Japan, you’ll go to L.A. Does it still have our mornings together?” Dara realizes that it’s only days remaining before they go to L.A for the invitation of Will.I.Am.

GD sits on the bed and said “We can’t stay like this.”

Dara also sits. She said “Oh. You remembered.”

“I look at YG’s schedule everyday to check 2NE1’s activities, to check you out.”

“So if we’re not going to use our time remaining tonight, what’s the use?”

Suddenly, her phone vibrates. It seemed like someone’s calling.

GD knows who it is of course.

He said “You do really want to go home, don’t you?”

Dara can’t answer her phone yet but she knows that she will be asked where she is right now and tell her to go home as soon as possible once she answered it.

GD stands up and said “Alright. If you really want to… just tell me.”

He got serious because he thought that up till now, she’s still not into the moment that they have together, that she still can’t understand why GD is doing all of that.

GD is facing back to her.

Dara answered the call. GD was surprised from that decision of hers. Dara talked “Umma…”

GD walked and he’s heading the way to his door.

Dara keeps on talking “Ye umma. I will. Ne… ne…”

GD got hurt to that.

Dara said “I’m just in my friend’s house. Yeah.”

GD is about to grasp the door knob to open the door for her until he heard her said…

 

“Aniyo… I won’t go home tonight.”

 

GD was taken aback from that and stopped what he’s going to do. He immediately looked back at her and said “But I thought—”

Dara was smiling at him. Dara speaks on her phone “I’ll just go home tomorrow morning. I will spend my night here. Ye… Don’t worry, I’ll be okay. More than okay…” GD smiled to that. He was glad to hear it from her.

Dara gave her last words to her mom that night, “Ne… I will. Good night umma. Bye bye.”

And she disconnected the call. She said “I will stay here with you for us to share our time…together.”

GD thought “Ah. I knew she would understand.”

GD comes closer to her and hugs her. He said “I can’t be separated from you.”

Dara just hugs him back as a response.

GD said “I will make this night unforgettable just right before we step onto our busy lives ‘again’.”

“When I’m with you, it is ‘always’ unforgettable.”

GD hugs her tighter and said “I love you so much.”

“You kept on saying that since lately.”

“What’s the matter? I feel like saying it so I will say it as long as I want to!” –Awww. Sweet! Dara said “I love you too, soooo much.”

GD smiled without Dara seeing.

He said “Ah. Wait there. I got something in preparation for our night together.”

He gets out of his room and leaves Dara there for a second.

Dara had no idea what he’s going to do but she loves surprises so she waits.

It took her minutes just waiting for Jiyong to come back in to his room.

 

She looked around his room and observed that it was too simple for a big celebrity to live in. She thought “This is not exactly what I’ve expected to see before. I t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter