FINAL DISTANCE (since 2009)

FINAL DISTANCE (since 2009)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 68

 

 


They looked at each other. Daesung said “To whom are you giving the sauce?”
Taeyang looked at all of them, they were looking at him like “???”
He smiled and just said “It’s for you.”
“For me?” –Daesung asked with a smile.
“Yes.”
“Ah-Haha! Kamsahamnida hyung~(Thank you hyung~)”-he happily gets the plate with the sauce that Taeyang was giving to him.
Seungri and TOP eat again and went back to normal. 

Taeyang was bothered to what he saw lately. He was out of himself while he’s eating with the boys.
It was a mind-bugging dinner for him.
When he finished eating, he stood up at a sudden. TOP, Daesung and Seungri looked at him.
The chair moved backwards… TOP said “Wae?(Why?)”
“I’m done.” –he went to his room.

TOP, Seungri and Daesung were now left on the dining table.
Daesung said “Taeyang hyung acts weird.”
“He always acts weird for me.” –TOP said. Hahaha!
Seungri said “Why? How can you say so?”
“The way he’s quiet when it comes to everything, and the way he acts so serious…is a weird thing for me.” –LOL!
Daesung said “Taeyang hyung is normally the quiet type of person.”
“I know…” –TOP said.

Inside Taeyang’s room… he was standing and he keeps on looking around his room.

He then saw a picture frame…with a picture of him together with GD when they were still young. He walked closer to it and gets it. He stares at their picture.
He said “Our faces here look like we don’t have a lot of problems yet. But now, it all changes… why do we need to fight for one girl? ……Why her? .......Why him? …….Why is it like this?” –Aww.

He remembered the last thing that GD said to him, their last conversation so far.

“That’s actually my point! You are my BEST FRIEND. That’s why I can’t fight with you! That’s why I can’t hurt you! That’s why I’m hurting myself! That’s why I can’t compete with you! Because, I value you so much! I don’t want our 11 year friendship be wrecked! I care about it so much. That’s why I chose you. And Dara, yes I lost her… that’s why I feel like I lost everything too.” –GD (cut from Chapter 65)

He imagined and evoked the scene when he said that, he remembers his angry reaction. Those words hit him hard. He thought “I didn’t realize that it has been one week…how did it last for so long?”

He puts back the frame to where it was placed lately. 

Hours later…

He wasn’t able to sleep even though it’s already late at night. He’s tossing and turning around in his bed just to be able to sleep but he still can’t. It took him until quarter to 2AM then he finally gets to sleep.


Morning sun rises…


It’s a normal day to all of them. 
2NE1 goes out again all together, they’re buying their groceries because they have been out of stock again. So it’s their weekly budget.

Though, in GD’s house…

He’s still sleeping when he heard someone knocking from the door of their house.
It’s not stopping so he somehow got awake from it. He’s still lying on his bed. He covered his head with a pillow so he can’t hear it anymore. But it still kept on going so he gets goaded. He shouted “Noona~~” –Haha. He’s calling his sister for her to open the door.
No one answered so he shouted again “Noonaaaa!” –Hahaha! He’s so sluggish!
The person still knocks after.
So he gets up and said “Aissh! Where could noona be?!” –LOL!
He stands up and ends up opening the door by himself too! Haha.

He opened the door with squinted eyes. He said “Who is it?”
“Annyeong! ^^”
He opened his eyes widely and said “Oh. J-ah!”
“Did I wake you up? Sorry.”
“Yeah. You actually did. The way you knock, sounds like our house is near a demolition site. You could at least use our doorbell~” –LOL!
She laughed. GD said “Why are you here then?”
“Let’s hang out again!”
“We always hang out.”
“Haha! Yeah~” –she said. It’s because, within that one week, they are also bonding with each other daily, just like what Taeyang and Dara are doing.

He’s just smiling in front of her. J-ah said “What? Go and take a bath. Let’s go out!” – pushes him inside their house. Haha! 

So GD took a bath and they get out jointly. 

While they were walking in the way, J-ah said “Do you remember the time when we go home together when we were still in the middle school?”
“Ah. Yeah yeah…I remember that one.” –he smiles.
“No one still care about us that time, but now…since you’re a famous icon, that can’t happen again.”
He looked at her and said “It’s hard…and about that, I want to say sorry.”
“Why?”
“Because of me, people bash you.”
“Ahhh… that’s okay.” –she smiled weakly. 
They had a moment of silence while walking.

GD said “When people say hurtful comments about you on the internet, I get hurt too. You didn’t do anything…you just got involved with uncertain things about me. I just don’t know how to stop them and let them stay away from you and leave you alone.”
J-ah was moved to what he said because he’s still somewhat concerned about it.
“It’s okay Jiyong…I know they’re just worried about you that’s why they did that.”
“It’s still wrong without them hearing my side about it.”
“I already moved on about that. Let’s talk about something else.” –she said.
“Ah…ne… gwaenchanayo (I understand).”

J-ah has thought of another idea, she said “How about the times when we share our lunches to each other?”
“Ah ye! *chuckles* And I remember how I always loved your food and you liked mine better!”
“We even planned to exchange lunchboxes!”
GD laughed and said “Haha~ I remember that. It’s clearly on my mind.”
“It was our lovely days during our middle school.”
He’s just smiling. Maybe he’s also trying to reminisce the past.
“Jiyong-ah! ^^”
“Ne?”
“Why did you choose me to be your girlfriend before?” –she’s smiling.
GD also smiled and said “Hmm….Because you are an ulzzang.”

[NOTE: ‘Ulzzang’ means ‘best face’ or people with average looks.]

“I am?”
“Yeah.”
“Really?”
“Ah. I changed my mind~” –Hahaha! Just because she kept on asking and reacting like she can’t believe it, he changed his mind about it.
J-ah laughed so hard. She said “You’re bad!”
GD also snorted. J-ah said “At least you mentioned that I’m an ulzzang!”
“Ah! Did I? Oh… Ah. Because I thought you asked me why I chose you to be my girlfriend ‘before’, so sorry, it might be just a misunderstanding.” –LOL!!
She laughed again and can’t say a single word. 
GD said “But no…I look for a girl’s personality too, looks don’t really matter for me.”
“You’re confusing me, just lately you said it’s because---”
“You’re kind…forbearing and pure.”
She was silenced after she heard that from him. GD said “That’s the reason why I did before.” –Aww =)
She cannot think of anything to say to it.

Then GD laughed and said “Wait. But I’m not trying to mean something to it now uh~ I just answered your question.” –Haha! He started talking sincerely so he just told her to not take it seriously as a caution because he really didn’t mean something from it.
“I’m not trying to put a meaning to it. Who said that I was?”
“Just maybe…”
“So Ji…”
“Yeah?”
“The time when you we were in front of your house…”
He tries to recall then remembered that she was talking about their first kiss. It was during their freshmen year, he had a slight kiss with her and he did it because he liked her. (fact)

-SILENCE-

GD said “Aing~ Why are we talking about that? I feel awkward~~” –Hahaha! He’s smiling when he said that. 
J-ah smiled and said “Okay. Let’s just think of another thing that we shared together before.”
“How about the time when I always stretch my neck just to see you from the other classroom through the door?”
“Ahh! Haha. And I always get caught by my teacher because I’m looking outside!”
And they kept on talking about their past while they’re walking, so they’re also smiling because whenever they remember a thing, they can’t help how funny they look like and act like before.

GD thought while he’s listening to her when she’s talking, “She really has changed a lot compared to before. She became simpler…unlike before that she always suggests for refined and sophisticated things. I like seeing the changes…and I like the changes that she made to herself. But above all the changes, I am happy to know that her warm heart remains consistent.”

Consequently, they are enjoying while they’re chattering to each other.

As they were walking in the way, 2NE1 was walking back to their dorm too and they met by fate! Uhwaa!!

Bom and Minzy are walking together. They were walking in front of Dara and CL. 
Dara and CL are behind them and a bit far away from where they are.
The two (Bom and Minzy) didn’t see GD who’s walking on the same street with them. 

But GD cannot escape Dara’s eyes…

Dara was surprised to see him with her for the second time. She paused a little bit from walking and stared at them two who’s laughing. GD was talking and he’s smiling widely, he’s telling a funny story to her and J-ah looks really entertained. He was not looking at them(2NE1) and it seems like he didn’t notice them there.
Because Dara paused a bit, CL noticed and said “Unn--” –she looked from where she’s looking at and there she saw GD with his ex too.
She was shocked. She stares at the scene too and looks bitterly to them. 
CL was actually looking to GD that time and she looks livid from what she saw.
She looked at Dara’s reaction and saw her hurting so she said “Ah! Unnie! Bom unnie and Minzy-ah are getting far away! Maybe we should follow up!”
“Chae---Chaerin-ah!”
“Let’s go…” –she’s trying to pull her.
She’s still looking at them. CL sighed and said “Unnie! Forget about them!”
“Look at his smiles.”
“Don’t mind it. Let’s keep on walking!” –she dragged her.
Dara walked with her. CL was holding her shoulders so she can’t look back to it anymore. She bent her head to the side and looked at GD, she peered her eyes to him while seeing him in high spirits with another girl.

Dara who’s walking with her, stopped talking. Lately, she was so active but she changes her mood at a sudden and that’s because of what she saw. CL understands what she exactly feels that time. Bom and Minzy had no idea what happened because they kept on walking and playing with each other.

Later, 2NE1 got in their dorm after walking a long way…

GD, who’s on the street with J-ah… became serious at a sudden.

Back to the girls, Dara loses her self. Bom and Minzy are distributing their groceries to where it should be. Dara was silently putting the other groceries on the table and helping the girls in arranging it. CL was just looking at her and observes her moves.
She gets affected too as a friend of hers. 

Dara’s phone rings. Bom and Minzy are laughing with each other and trying to make fun of what they bought.
Bom said “Oh! This is not what I picked!” as she lifted up the chicken.
Minzy said “Why?”
She looks inside the shopping bag that Bom was holding.
“It should be meat, not chicken!” –she said. Haha! Bom likes meat and she prefers to eat it than chicken. LOL. While they were having fun, CL and Dara have different conversation too.

CL said “Unnie~ Aren’t you going to answer the phone?” –because it’s still ringing.
“Ah! Oh. You’re right!” –she picked it up and answers it.
CL looked at her and she has seen her different actions compared to lately. Her mind is absent for a bit of time and she witnessed it.

“Yoboseyo?” –Dara said.
“Noona!” –a voice talked from the other line.
“Ah… Taeyang! ^^”

And their conversation starts…CL didn’t listen for Dara’s privacy.
Seconds later, she hung up. CL said “What did he say?”
“Ah… he asked me to go with him tonight.”
“You’ve been so close to Youngbae oppa huh?”
“No. We’re not actually that close…We’re still awkward.”
“When I see you two talk, I didn’t see that you’re still both awkward to each other.”
“I’m still not that comfortable to him in contrast with Jiyong.”
“Ayy~ Unnie! Stop that! ….What did you say to him then?”
“I said I will try to come.”
“Go with him tonight.” She smiles.
“Eh? Chaerin-ah? Is that you?” –she looked at her with a surprised reaction.
She chortled a bit and said “Why?”
“Before, you were avoiding me to go with Taeyang that much, but now…you’re letting me be with him.”
“It’s one way of enjoying your nights.”
“And?”
“Spend the night with him. ^^”
“Yeah… Ah, CL.”
“Ne?”
“GD…looks like he got over me already because of lately.”
She cannot say a thing because she doesn’t know if the words she’ll say will make her feel better or might just worsen up the situation.
She just said “Just be with him tonight.” 
Dara looked down and heaves a sigh. Aww. She’s still lonely. =(

Hours later, the sun starts to set.

Taeyang went to 2NE1’s dorm to fetch Dara.
Dara goes out and comes with Taeyang. CL was the only one who knows about it.
Not an hour after Dara left their dorm, she goes out too. Where is she going?

Taeyang brought Dara to Chyunggye cheon, a landmark in Seoul.

Dara said “Why did you bring me here?” –while smiling.
“I just wan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter