FINAL DISTANCE (since 2009)

FINAL DISTANCE (since 2009)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 74

 

 


GD got home and he’s still bothered with thoughts. He said “Is she still mad at me? Doesn’t she want me anymore with him? Is she feeling locked to me? Am I spoiling her too much?”
Then he shook his head once and said “Agh. Why am I saying this? No, she’s not. I am not. Why am I thinking this? *chuckles*”
He looks around and thinks, “Ohh…what to do now? What should I?”
That time, Taeyang just got out from his room. He closed the door of his room then saw GD. He said “Ah. Jiyong.”
GD said “Ne?”
“What time did you arrive here?”
“I don’t know. I just got home.”
“Ahhh. Did you eat already?”
“Yes.”
He didn’t pay attention to Taeyang already because he’s checking the missed calls from his phone. 
He murmured “Let me see, who these crazy bummers are.” –Haha!
Taeyang looked at him when he said that. 
GD was checking it already then he said “Oh!! Taeyang?” –he saw his name on it. 
Taeyang smiled and said “Yes. So… am I one of them?”
GD was embarrassed to that because Taeyang was one of the ‘crazy bummers’, as he said, that called him. LOL!
He said “I didn’t expect you to call me. *shy laugh* Why? What is it by the way?”
Taeyang said “‘Crazy bummer’ here keeps on calling you but you’re not answering. What’s up?” –Hahaha!
“I was eating.”
“So you can’t pick up the phone?”
“Anya. I am doing a lot of things by that time.” –he checks his phone again to check the other people from his contacts who called him.
He wasn’t looking at Taeyang again. GD saw that some are from President YG. He said “Huh? YG? He called me? Wow~ didn’t see that coming.” –Haha. YG rarely calls Jiyong.
“Even YG’s call? You didn’t answer it? It must be something urgent.”
“I didn’t recognize that my phone was ringing.” –Lie! Haha. He really knows it. He’s just not answering them. Aww. Even YG’s call, he didn’t answer it, just for Dara. Sweet! =)
Taeyang said “Jiyong-ah.”
“Ye?” –still looking at his phone.
“Did I mention you before about my album?”
“Yeah. I know that.” 
“It’s the last thing that I have to do regarding the thing between you and me before. And I can’t do it without you. I need you.”
Jiyong keeps on browsing the messages from his phone. He said “What should I do?” – with a serious tone of voice.
“I like to have someone from the concept of my song.”
“…………”
“I like it to be Dara.”
Jiyong immediately looked at him when he heard her name mentioned by Taeyang.
Taeyang said “I’m not putting another rivalry thing here again, okay? I won’t obstruct with the both of you now.”
“Why does it have to be----”
“I said I still like her, right? This is my last wish, help me to do it then I’ll try my best so I can possibly forget her.”
“……………….”
“?????????”
“Okay.”
“You will?”
“I will.”
“Thank you very much Jiyong-ie!!”
“Yeah. So, do you need the song now, or…??”
“Ah, anytime you want.”
“Okay.” –he smiled.
“By the way, did you sleep already?”
“I still don’t have a minute of sleep by this day.”
“Really? because I just slept. The other members are sleeping on their rooms already, why don’t you sleep too? Hours later, we’ll be back on work.”
“It’s okay. I will try to sleep.”
“You know, I’ve been worried about how you’re acting nowadays. You’re faking it. I know you’re real tired.”
“I’m enjoying. I’m not tired.”
“I know you’re just not complaining about it. But I know you really are.”
“How did you know?”
“We’re friends for a decade Jiyong. How couldn’t I know that?”
GD smiled. He said “Yes. I will sleep now.” –he turns back.
Taeyang called him and said “I’m concerned, so……. So sleep!” –Awww.
Jiyong was stopped in his position. GD thought “Dara wants me to rest, Taeyang also wants me to. Maybe I really should.”
Taeyang continued “If you can’t do something already, lay down your arms and stop.” –Awww.
Jiyong looked back and said “I can’t stop. You know that.”
“Why?”
“The bigger the responsibility, the harder I have to work hard. I have them responsibilities now and it’s larger than just large.”
“You’ve done enough Jiyong.”
Taeyang felt blameworthy because he adds a burden to him. He said “Thank you so much for helping me all the time. You’re a good friend Jiyong.”
GD said “*laughs* What are you trying to mean?”
“I said it.”
“I feel like you’re pressuring me. *laughs*” – haha. He thought that Taeyang was saying that in a way that he’s trying to flatter him for him to compose a song earlier. LOL
Taeyang just smiled but he looks serious from what he said. GD looked at him and said “You’ll always have me around. You know that. Annyeong. I’ll sleep now.” –Aww.
He showed a big smile to him before he finally entered his room. After it, Taeyang was left outside. He felt more motivation to his upcoming album(comeback) so he goes inside of his room and settle everything that he needs to. Without G-Dragon helping him, he wouldn’t be so strong because having GD with him, makes him feel whole. Best friends really can rely on each other. GD would be a perfect example for that. You can hardly find a friend that would last a decade with you, and when you say friend, beyond those years, he is the one who never steps off when you’re in need and willing to stay with you forever. Friends come and go but GD is ‘different’.

GD inside his bed room…

He was sitting on the chair. He remembered what Taeyang said lately. He was moved to it. Therefore, instead of resting, he grabbed a pen and a paper then he started creating the lyrics of the song. Aww. Those are the things he does for his best friend! He is really committed in making it. 
The night has come so he rested as what he promised.

Hours later, Dara finally get herself back to their dorm. She wandered around first so she came home late.
She saw Bom watching TV already. She said “Oh. How did you convince them?”
Bom said “I waited for them to finish watching the show that they don’t even know.”
“Ohhh…”
“You didn’t even help me. Aigoo. You said you will.”
“Sorry. Someone called me and asked me to go somewhere.”
“Who called you?”
“It’s just Se7en. ^^”
“Ahh... Jiyong goon. How is he? Isn’t he calling you already?”

[NOTE: ‘Goon’ is a word in Korean that is usually added after a name when an older person calls a younger boy/man in a polite manner.]

“We’re good as friends.”
“Friends? What happened before?”
“Aigoo Bommie-ah. It’s just a part of the ‘before’ thing.”
“So… You didn’t end up… together?”
“Don’t ask, just watch TV there.” –she goes to the kitchen, gets some snacks and eats it inside their room.

Another day comes. Big Bang is back to work, they shoot for the FIFA world cup again with Kim Yuna and many more. Big Bang had stronger bond with each other as they were having activities together again after working on solo activities. Days have passed, the projects with Kim Yuna was done. GD didn’t have any connections to her. Wow. What a loyal boyfriend to Dara. =) And as days go by, Their ‘Tell Me Goodbye’ Music Video was finally released on the internet. It received so much love from Korean VIP’s and VIP’s in Japan too. It dominates the hit chart. It becomes a trending topic world wide. When it’s Big Bang, it always is. =) 
So when it’s said that it’s trending world wide, of course Korea knows it, and Dara, in particular, knows it as well. She watches it and thought “Ohhh… Jiyong-ie is really attractive in this video! Ahh~ The bracelet! Aigoo ^ ^ Being his girlfriend, I am so proud!”


The Tell Me Goodbye days were successful as ever. The days that follow, that include the release of Big Bang’s ‘Shouting Korea’ clips, involve GD into action again. He is the topic of the netizens again because of the issue between him and Seungri. It was seen in behind the scenes of one of their clips wherein he elbowed Seungri’s chest twice. They were just playing around. They’re normally like that but it was misunderstood by many that’s why an issue was created again. A lot hated G-Dragon because of it and most of them were Seungri’s fans. YG Entertainment didn’t let it grow so they had a statement about it and explained it to everyone. They also apologized for Jiyong’s fault. YG scolded GD after that and told him that he should be careful in everything that he does and that not all people know the ‘Tom & Jerry’ thing between them so he must act appropriate to everyone, especially because there are always cameras following them. YG did it because he cares for them. Jiyong repented to it and uploaded a picture of him with Seungri elbowing his chest too, on his me2day account for public apology, so that fans would make it clear on their minds that these two really had nothing about them for them to fight. On the other hand, GD was also sorry for what he did and accepted that he was wrong for doing it. The issue didn’t last that long unlike the other issues that G-Dragon has been through before.

When Big Bang was busy promoting their albums and doing photo shoots and interviews, 2NE1 are preparing to be busy because 2NE1TV shooting was starting to begin. Aww. Now, this is the time that Jiyong and Dara were talking about. Could they possibly see each other again or not? Now that they have the lesser chance, can they make it?

One day, on Big Bang’s dorm. 

GD was inside his room, trying to continue the lyrics of the song he’s composing for Taeyang. He is having a moment of silence for concentration. 
Until maknae entered, he said “Hyung! *jumps to Jiyong’s bed*”
GD’s attention was drawn to the paper on his table, he kept on writing but as Seungri goes to his bed, he shouted “Seungri-ahhhhh! Get off my bed, now!”
“Why?” He even spreads his legs more on Jiyong’s bed. Hahaha!
GD looked back and said “Look! You’re not even wearing socks or slippers! Aren’t you disgusted to yourself?”

[In Korea, it is one of the manners to put socks or slippers inside a house]

Seungri said “I washed it. Don’t worry.”
“Stop your alibis and just get your feet off my bed.”
“Fine!” –he just sits on his bed. 
“What do you need now?”
“What are you doing?”
“I’m writing, of course.”
“For who? Is that a letter? A note? What? Can I see?”
“This is not even one of what you mentioned.”
“Then what’s that?”
“I’m composing a song for Youngbae.”
“Ahhh… then…”
GD continues writing. Seungri keeps on talking. GD scrawls as Seungri goes on making noises behind him. When GD got so much bothered, he treads heavily on the table through his hands. He said “I can’t concentrate! Go out.”
“Oh… No. No! I swear, I won’t make noises again.” –he smiled.
GD goes back to writing. He’s singing and creating the melody of the song.
Seungri said “Hyung, let’s eat outside. Hehehe~”
“You go eat outside then.”
“Let’s go together! ^ ^ Can’t you stop that first?”
“I can’t. It’s on my head already. I shouldn’t let this go.”
While he was composing it, as expected, he has Dara on his mind. Every time the pen touches the paper, a memory of the conflict between him and Taeyang before flashes back, the way he was hurt so much. But it’s a part of the past, so it will just remain as a memory for them and a scar on their hearts. He’s doing it in dedication to his best friend’s wish. He also volunteers to it so he’s just doing what he said.
Seungri was silenced at a sudden. GD didn’t notice it because he was nearly about to finish the song. He was very focused on the rap lyrics of the song that he was writing.
But why does Seungri suddenly become quiet?


Later on, As GD finished the song already…he looked back and wondered why it became quiet around his room. He saw Seungri lying on his bed again, he thought he was sleeping but he was widely awake and texting. GD said “Ya.”
GD now saw Seungri smiling. GD thought “Is he going insane?”
GD said “Who are you texting?”
Seungri was not responding, yet he kept on keying letters from the keypad of his phone. GD was being unnoticed. Seungri is still smiling.
GD leans his knees on his bed and gets Seungri’s phone. Seungri finally reacted. He said “Hyuuung! No!” –he rises up from lying.
GD raises his hand with the phone so that Seungri can’t steal it back from him. GD said “Hmmm~ I got you now! Haha! You love on reading messages in my phone before, now here’s the payback! Sweet! Haha!”
Seungri said “No, hyung, no.”
GD goes to his inbox and ………….. Seungri gets it from GD so fast. Haha! He got it back.
GD said “Whoahhoh! *smiles* I saw ‘CL’! I saw that! Yes, I really saw that!”
“It’s not CL! I am not texting with CL!”
“Then why did I just saw her name from your inbox?”
“You just saw it in a blink of an eye. How were you able to know that it’s really ‘CL’ in there?”
“My eyes are fast! I saw that!”
“You’re mistaken. It’s really not CL.”
“Then may I see?”
“You can’t!”
“So it’s really CL!”

*message alert tone of Seungri’s phone*

GD said “Look, she replied! What did she say?”
“This is not her!”
“Seungri-ah. I am not an idiot. Now, show it to me and prove me.”
He holds his phone and he’s keying something. It’s taking him for so long so GD knew what he was doing.
He said “…without deleting any of the messages! I mean, ‘her’ messages.” –Hahaha. Nice logic GD. Seungri said “Aish hyung! I’ll just go out of your room, okay?”
“You can’t.” –he stood up right in front of his door.
Seungri said “What you saw may be IU, not CL!”
“There’s no way that IU-ssi will text you. ‘IU’ is too far from ‘CL’! Aissh. Why are you so lame at this?!” –Hahaha. Seungri is lame in making excuses?
“If it is really CL, it doesn’t matter. We’re just friends.”
“Friends? Oh really?”
“No. I mean, we’re not friends.”
“Haha! Why are you so defensive? I am just asking.”
“We have this sort of… uh… relationship that is far from being friends and too far from what you’re thinking.”
“But are you in love with her?”
“I’m not in love with her! Not hyung, I said ‘not’!”
“Woh-hoh!~~ Ha! *laughs* then why are you nervous? *pointing him* You’re sweating!”
“I’m not sweating right now. And! I love girls! *walking his way out* except CL!”
And he finally got out of GD’s room, GD lets him go.
GD said “That was very obvious Seungri-ah. *smiles* …very obvious. Our maknae doesn’t know how to hide this kind of things.”

When Seungri got out of GD’s room, he clutched his chest and said “Whew! I feel like I was with a human lie detector there.” –Haha!
He looks at his phone and keyed in, “Sorry for replying late-----------”
Who is it? =) 

“-----------CL.” –Aw =) You got it right GD ^^

The evening of the day was cheerful too. Taeyang was not in their dorm, he was in YG, getting himself busy for his upcoming solo album, namely “Solar”. TOP was not around in their dorm too. Daesung was just sleeping on his bed right now. So the only people awake and around in their dorm was GD and Seungri.
GD was on his room, he kept on walking around. He said to his mind that he has to see Dara and be with Dara before they get busy and before cameras start to follow them everywhere because in that way, they couldn’t hide anymore and share secret moments together.

He goes out of their apartment and he’s still hesitant.

But he didn’t let his mind rule his heart at this moment, so he called her.

That time, Dara was in her house and not in their dorm. She answered his call straight away. Her voice was shivering. She was crying.

“Jiyong!” –she said.
“Dara?”
“Oh Aigooo… Aigoo… you called!”
“Why? Why are you crying? Hey?”
“Jiyong-ie. I’m so scared right now.”
“Why?”
“I was in our house, no one’s around and the lights kept on blinking. I can’t move my feet. I’m so scared! It’s so dark in here. Help me. Uhwaa T^T”
He became worried. While he was talking to her, he secretly rides a cab already, on the way to her house. Awwww =) Jagiya, to the rescue.
“Where are the other members of your family?”
“They won’t be home tonight.”
[Sanghyun(Cheondoong/Thunder), his brother, won’t really be home because he’s also in a dorm, staying with the other members of MBLAQ]
“Why are you there?”
“I was supposed to get my clothes here and bring it to our apartment for easy packing. *cries*”
“Don’t be scared.”
“I can’t do that. The lights kept on blinking. I was alone here. What if someone comes out then----Ah! Aigoo!!”
“Stop thinking about that Dara, you’ll scare yourself more. First thing you have to do is empty your mind.”
“I can’t empty my mind. All I have in my mind is my fear! Uhwaaa. Jiyong-ie!”
“I’m on my way now. What do you want me to do? Uhhmmm…”
“*cries even louder*…..??”
“Stop crying jagiya~ How would you like me to sing a song for you to calm down?”
“Sing me any song! Now! Ahhh! I can’t open my eyes, honestly.”
“Okay. Okay. Here it goes…*clears his throat*……. Unintentionally, I look at the sky like~ It looks similar to when you smile, specifically your dazzling smile baby~ My day consists of our romantic drama ~Make me cry and smile no no no. I can't sleep, I call your name. I turn my head shyly (no matter what) I like it this much. I rarely stop walking~~” –waaaa! He’s singing ‘Butterfly’ again! =)

He sang the chorus. Then he continued singing the second verse, “Unintentionally, I look at the ground like~ I flutter so much at your 3 lettered name baby. I'll heal your one small wound. My love is you ~~ Like a butterfly, you look for a flower

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter