FINAL DISTANCE (since 2009)

FINAL DISTANCE (since 2009)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 75

 

 

June was a very busy month for them too after shooting in different countries (Japan, Thailand…etc) for promotions of their Japanese album and also for Taeyang’s solo album promotions also. GD and Dara meet for like once in a week and that’s that. They have different schedules, different times of break and different places to stay in.

GD was always out in YG, however he is still a supportive leader and a best friend to Taeyang. Talking about 2NE1, they transferred to another hostel and 2NE1TV Season 2 shooting has officially started.

 

Time passes and it was already July.

The music video of ‘I Need a Girl’ by Taeyang was finally released. GD participated in that so he watched the two versions of it when it got out on the internet. He made no reaction to it but as a boyfriend, he got a bit jealous to it, he just doesn’t let it show to everyone. He keeps it to himself. He can’t do something about it though. He just gets himself busier at work so that he won’t have all his attention to it.

Dara, on the other hand, has watched the music video too. She saw GD in there and so she thought, “Aigooo~ I miss him. How could he be this chic? Waah! Jiii~!”

Dara initiated on texting him about the release of the MV. They talk about it through messages again. They infrequently talk to each other personally and even see each other.

 

As it was July, Taeyang was full of activities because of his album release. YG family gave him so much love for his album. Taeyang was in YG together with TOP, CL, Minzy and Dara. They’re there to give Taeyang their full support. CL, Minzy and Dara are going to a shooting after Taeyang’s performance. But where is GD? Probably, his schedule was fully occupied so he wasn’t able to come. Taeyang performed with the other artists that were nominated and won the Music Encore. Minzy, Dara, TOP and CL go to the stage and celebrated with him. That time, he hugs CL then next was Minzy but he just puts his arm on Dara’s shoulder and leads her to the center of the stage. Dara smiled to that. Taeyang was slowly making his moves, but it is not counted to what you’re thinking, right Taeyang? You already said something to GD, remember? Haha.

 

After it, their closeness was pretty much obvious in YG artists now, especially Seungri. When they got back to YG, Taeyang was very happy to have them all around him behind his success that night. YG prepared a surprise party to Taeyang so he was touched. They were celebrating. Dara was eating with Minzy and the staffs in a room, the cameras are around them because of the shooting for Real Sound by Taeyang.

Seungri sits beside Dara while she’s eating and interviewed her nonchalantly.

 

Seungri said “Dara-ssi, if Youngbae hyung asks, are you going to date him or not?”

She said “In-house couples are a no-no.”

“Fine, then he’s an ordinary guy.” –Hahaha.

Dara laughed. Seungri said “You’re walking down the street, Taeyang hyung says, ‘You’re my ideal. Will you go out with me?’, would you? …if he was just anybody, not YG Taeyang. It’s not in-house; you just met him on the streets. Yes? No?” –Whooa. Maknae, that was really a ‘question’! Haha.

Dara thinks then said “Well, if he seems okay and doesn’t cheat or anything, I’ll think about it.”

“You’ll think about it? You’ll say yes?”

Dara laughs again. Seungri said “Starting today, Sandara Park and Taeyang hyung have decided to date! *claps* Ahh~ Congratulations!!”

Dara was just laughing and can’t say anything to that. Seungri gets her hand and said “So today is Day 1. I’ll give you 10 cents on your 100 day anniversary.” –Haha!

Seungri is really such a prankster! He keeps on teasing Dara to Taeyang, maybe because he noticed something between them from their seen contact and bonding.

Not so long, Seungri already leaves the YG and heads back home. When Seungri left, Taeyang came.

He said “I feel really good.”

Dara said “Minkki really did say earlier, ‘If Youngbae oppa wins, we have to go to the surprise party.’”

“I see you didn’t forget me.”

Dara just nodded and kept on munching some of the foods in .

Taeyang said “You stuck something on your eyes again.*points her eyes*” (make up)

“We were shooting something today.”

“So you came only partly for me, actually.”

Dara said “He was a bad guy.”

Minzy said “Oppa is a bad man.”

He said “And just like this, I become a bad guy. It wasn’t my intention. *smiles*”

Minzy said “I’m sure he’ll be good. (to his girl) I trust he’ll be good someday.”

Taeyang said “Of course, I have to.” –he looks up then brings out a heavy sigh. Hahaha. Yes, just thinking about it Taeyang, it’s a big obligation and a challenge for you. LOL

He said “It’s true.”

 

*awkward atmosphere*

 

He continued “…After I beat Usher.”

And they all laughed. The camera man asked what is with the other side of Taeyang.

Minzy said “I hope the mischievous side within oppa’s serious image can be revealed a lot.”

And silence again… Hahaha. Dara said “When is this being broadcast?”

Taeyang answered “next Friday.”

“We’ll gather in our hostel to watch. I came out a little.” –she said. She really wants to see her exposure.  Haha.

Then they laughed to that. Minzy said “What, you watch to see yourself?”

Dara said “I should just shut up and watch.”

Taeyang was just smiling on one side.

 

Later on, after the party, Taeyang rides the van to go home too and Dara, together with Minzy goes to the shooting already. Taeyang can’t get the smile off his face because of the happiness he feels inside.

 

When Taeyang was still on his way home, Seungri that just got home lately was with GD now. GD is at home? What is he doing there?

 

GD was inside his room. He had his headphones (Beats) on and listening to music. Seungri comes in his room and said “Hyung. Yo.”

GD can’t hear him so he kept on humming the song he hears from the headphones. He is even playing an imaginary drum through his hands. Haha.

Seungri gets a pillow and throw it to GD’s face. He said “Hyung!!”

GD moves the other side of his headphones away from his ear and said “What?!”

“I’m talking to you!”

“So you have to throw that to me?!”

“I want you to talk back!”

“I’m trying to compose a song here.”

“Again?! Is that what you do everyday? Seriously!”

“Yes.” He puts the headphones back to his ears.

“Last time I went here, you’re composing, and now, you’re still composing! Aish! Really! Is there anything you can do instead of composing?!”

But GD didn’t act in response maybe because he can’t hear a thing.

Seungri stops the music from GD’s player and said “Ya!”

GD gave him a goaded look and said “What the heck is your problem?”

“I’m just curious about so many things. That’s why I want to ask you directly.”

“What is it again?! You’re always curious! Now what?”

“Whenever I try to talk to you, you’re always like that! You always bring out a vulgar reaction to me.”

“It’s because you’re always coming at a wrong time.”

G-Ri fight? Haha! Seungri said “Is it supposed to be my fault?”

“You know it’s always your fault. And ya ya ya~ Respect your hyung. Don’t talk to me like that.” –Haha!

“*sigh* It’s always like this… I’ll end up losing just because of my age.” –Haha!

GD smiled and said “You can’t do anything about that. Now what are you going to ask me?”

“Ah. Ye, I’m here to ask you, about that song, what is that for?” –tries to look at his notebook.

GD said “It’s for our album.”

“Ahhh. That’s so early.”

“The idea came early so I grabbed it without hesitation.”

“How is it going?”

“…Still not reaching the second verse. I can’t think well in here.”

“You always come up with thoughts inside the studio, right? By the way, your compositions are good. I like the song ‘I Need a Girl’, you composed that, am I right?”

“Ne…”

“You’re very inspired, I guess.”

“That’s in dedication to someone.”

“Ahh…”

GD just nods as a response.

Seungri said “Why aren’t you in YG lately?”

“Why?”

“Me, TOP hyung, CL-ssi, Dara noona and Minzy-ah are there lately to support Taeyang hyung’s performance. He won.”

“Really? Great.”

“You’re not with us.”

“I’m doing some certain things lately. I just got home an hour ago.”

“Ahh… By the way hyung, here’s the main question I was supposed to ask you.”

“I’m waiting for that actually. Go and tell it.”

“Are you and Dara noona dating?”

“Hul?!”

“What?”

“Me and Dara? Dating?”

“Yeah. Remember before, I’ve caught you two hugging.”

“You caught us two hugging?”

“Is there an echo in here? Stop repeating what I’m saying.” –Haha.

GD laughs at it. He said “What makes you curious about it?”

“Because it’s not actually my first time seeing you like that.” –What? So there are other more spotted scenes by maknae?

“Tell me what you saw.”

“I’ve seen you two in the recording studio, hugging too. I saw the way you look at each other sometimes. You even go out with each other, right?”

“Are you stalking me?!”

“Yes! And you know why? Haha~ that’s because ‘I’m curious’! What? You’re mad again? Why? Did I ask that at the ‘wrong time’ again?” – Haha! As what GD said earlier that Seungri is the type of man who’s always curious and he always comes at a wrong time.

“Yeah and it’s your fault, ‘again’!”

“It’s not my fault. I saw you, that’s it. Sometimes, you got to be more careful in hiding things because in some ways, you thought it’s already unseen but in fact, it’s still exposed.”

“Tssh.” He mocked.

“So what is it now? Are you going to tell the truth to me or not? Are you and Dara noona…… dating?”

GD just smiled and scoffs a bit. He didn’t say a word.

Seungri said “Hah! I’m right! Yeorobun~~ (Everyone~~) I am declaring that G-Dragon of Big Bang and 2NE1’s Sandara Park are now officially dating!”

“Ya! Maknae!! If I knew you spilled that to someone, you’re dead! I’m telling you, you’re really dead!!”

“Bwahaha. Yeah, I know.”

“If you tell it, I’ll spill your secret too!”

“What secret?”

“That you like CL!”

“I don’t like her!”

“Then why did I see her on your phone?”

“That was just a picture! That doesn’t mean anything!”

“A picture?! You have a picture of her on your phone?”

“Wait. What? You didn’t know? Aggh!!”

“See! You just spilled it yourself! Haha~ I’m still smarter than you, really.”

“What do you mean that you saw her on my phone when you didn’t see her picture?”

“I was referring to the messages, fool. Now, this is a clear deal uh. If you don’t want me to spill it, don’t tell anything, okay?!”

“Araesso. Aigoo~ But hyung, I’m not in love with her.”

“That’s for now. We’ll see.”

Seungri just heaved a deep sigh in reply. Then he spoke “So another question…”

“Ne?”

“To whom did you dedicate the song from Taeyang hyung’s album?”

“What made you ask that?”

“You just said that it’s dedicated to someone. Aish, how could you forget that one when it just happened minutes ago? There’s really nothing working on your brain, but music!” –Hahaha!

GD said “Ya. You have no idea how hard it is to make your ‘own’ music!” –LOL. They’re trying to pinpoint each other indirectly. GD composes his own songs and produces it as well, so, he’s trying to tease Seungri who doesn’t have that much experience in it. Tom & Jerry again!

Seungri said “Anyway, so what now? To whom?”

“I Need A Girl?”

“Ne!”

Jiyong puts the tip of the pen under his chin and thinks. He said “Hmmm....... I actually had her on my mind that time, meaning, yeah, it’s for her.”

“But I thought you made it for Taeyang hyung?”

“Yes, I made that for him, but dedication is different to whom you made it for.”

“It’s just the same! Are you kidding me?”

“It’s the same as the difference between inspiration and obligation. Inspiration is where you come up with your heart and obligation is where you come up with only your mind.”

“I understand now. Speaking of noona, I really thought she’s interested with Taeyang hyung before! Until now! Haha~ but then I was wrong.”

“With Taeyang? Why?”

“She’s so close to him even until now. The latest closeness that I saw between them was lately.”

“Really?” He just curved a crooked smile on his face.

“Yeah! I even to him but that is because I still don’t know it that time! Don’t blame me.”

“It’s okay. Now you know it, don’t do that again.” He said in a funny manner.

Seungri laughed.

 

“Ahh… So since when did your relationship starts?”

 

And so, Seungri kept on asking, GD asked him too about so many questions. They talked to each other about it and they knew a lot from each other. GD and maknae have a private talk about it all.

 

While they were talking to each other on Jiyong’s room, Taeyang came at their apartment and opened the door of GD’s room. He saw them two, Seungri was sitting from the computer’s chair and had his feet stretched to Jiyong’s bed while GD was slumping from his bed, he had his head leaned on the wall and his body lying on his bed. They immediately stopped talking when Taeyang came.

 

Taeyang said “What are you doing?” –he walked in.

“Ah. Youngbae. Seungri is just telling me something.” –GD smiled.

YB said “Ahh… What is it Seungri-ah?”

Seungri also smiled and said “I said you won lately.”

“Ohh…” –Taeyang said.

GD said “Congratulations Taeyang!”

“Ne!” He smiled widely.

GD said “You look cheerful.”

“Yeah. I feel so happy today.”

GD and Seungri just smiled. Taeyang smiled and said “I’ll…I’ll just go to my room.” while gesturing with his finger.

Taeyang enters his room and smiled before he jumps to his bed and lie. He was so happy. He thought “Waah. So this is what ecstasy feels like!”

Taeyang sits back to his bed and dialled a number on his phone. He called Dara to thank her because of lately.

 

On the other hand…

 

While Taeyang was inside his room, Seungri goes out of GD’s room already and now, GD was alone. He called Dara too, just to check her out, but he found out that her line was busy. He said “Huh? This is strange. How could her line be busy? Is she talking to someone from another line?” he scratched his head.

He stands up then fluffs up his shirt. He tends to go to the kitchen to look for food but then he heard Taeyang from his room and he was talking to someone.

He smiled and said “Oh. Let’s see why he’s so happy lately. Is there another reason behind it? Wohh! Could it be that YB already has a girl?” he became curious about it so he leaned his ears from the door trying to do eavesdrop.

He heard him talking. Omo! Jiyong is going to know it!

 

Taeyang laughed and said “Do I really annoy you?”

Dara replied “Aniyo. But now, ahh… maybe yes.” She’s just joking to that.

Taeyang said “Thank you for coming lately. I really appreciate it.”

“Why did you call me?”

“To thank you.”

“Ahh…You’re welcome~ ^.^”

“Did you remove your make up in your eyes already?”

From that, Jiyong got an idea that it was really a girl but he doesn’t know that it’s her girlfriend from the other line that he is talking to.

She said “Why do you need to ask me that? Should I also tell you if I already combed my hair?” –Hahaha!

Youngbae said “Ahhh~ sorry for that. Did I disturb you?”

“Not in that way, we’re in a pictorial tonight.”

“Ahh… I remember!”

“Yeah. So….”

“Last words noona, thank you!”

“You’re welcome.”

“Sandara noona, hwaiting!”

After he mentioned her name, GD from the outside was very shocked to hear that and to know whom she’s talking to.

“Ye. Hwaiting!”

“Annyeong.”

“Bye.”

 

GD slowly stepped away from Taeyang’s door, having such a staggered expression. He thought “Is that the reason why Dara’ line was busy?...... because she’s talking to Taeyang?”

He got wounded because of it. He walked leisurely to his room and locked the door. When he already got in, he laid his torso on the bed and his feet were touching the floor. He raised his phone through his both hands. He’s hesitating. He said “Should I still call her?”

He felt so confused. He thought “Uhk! Why am I talking like this? I’m his boyfriend, what is it for me to be ashamed or intimidated for?” –Right!

He said “Taeyang won’t do that!”

So he made his decision that fast. He called her. Dara is not answering her phone because she left her phone on her bag first. They’re in the middle of the shoot so she’s not aware that GD was already calling. She even turned her phone to silent mode. Another problem, she can’t hear her phone ringing.

GD, who’s waiting for her to pick up the phone, felt a despair thinking that how come she answered Taeyang’s call, while his was not.

GD tries to think positive and didn’t let the negative vibes enter his mind from that.

 

 

Taeyang and Dara were talking to each other from the waiting room of YG. GD was with them. He was sitting next to Taeyang. But since Taeyang is talking to Dara, GD felt ignored. The two keep on chatting without even noticing that GD was there. They don’t include GD with their conversation.

 

Here’s what they’re talking about…

 

Taeyang said “Are you done reading Seungri’s notes to you?”

She said “Yes. I noted it all. While he’s saying it, I was jotting down.”

He smiled and said “Did you find it all useful?”

“Somehow… Yes.”

He laughed. GD looked at them, he’s smiling. Then he looked away again. Maybe he’s jealous in a way that he’s being ignored by his girlfriend and she’s even talking to another guy. Dara, entertain GD, your boyfriend.

 

She said “Seungri Academy is very useful to me and Bom.”

“Bom? How about CL and Minzy?”

“Uhh… they’re not interested.”

“Ah… They’re into dancing *nods*”

“Ye.”

“How about you two? Why did you join?”

“YG told us to take charge of the gags of 2NE1.”

“Ohh. I think it’s fun.”

“Yes it is.”

“There’s nothing between you and Bom that are alike.”

“There are!”

“Ah yeah, Bom noona loves to eat, but no, you also love to eat, what’s your difference?”

Dara was just about to talk when Taeyang spoke. He said “Ah. I knew it. The weight.” –Hahaha!

Dara said “Aigoo!” –she slaps Taeyang’s arm.

Taeyang just smiled. Dara said “Oh! Wohh… It’s hard! Your arm is hard! Muscles~ How many years or months did it take you to make this?” –she’s staring at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter