FINAL DISTANCE (since 2009)

FINAL DISTANCE (since 2009)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 94

 

 

 

On the outside of the YG building…

 

 

Dara pulled back while GD kept on walking.

Dara said “Jiyong-ah! Stop! Ya!!”

GD stopped and looked back at her. She lets go of GD’s hands on hers. 

Dara said while looking at his eyes angrily,

 

“Where are we going?!”

 

“I don’t know.”

“Tss. You don’t know? Did you even know what you’re doing?!”

“I know what I’m doing.”

“What did you just say to YG?!”

“I said I’m quitting.”

“What, you’re going to sacrifice your career for me? Are you serious? That was insane!”

“I know what I’m doing.”

“No, you don’t know what you’re doing. You don’t even know what you’re going to lose!”

“I know it.”

“You’re going to sacrifice your 14 year career, all of your job, your fans, only just for one person? Only for me?!”

“Yes.”

Dara stared at his eyes. She said “I appreciate what you did but I have to oppose to your decision, sorry.”

GD said “I don’t care right now, really.”

“Jiyong, you are not thinking.”

“I think first before I act. I am thinking.”

“I don’t want to be the reason for you to quit your job.”

“It’s not your fault.”

“Even if it wasn’t so, I still don’t want to be the reason… you’ve been in YG for 14 years then you’ll just give up like that because of what… because of choosing our relationship instead of your career? That’s so unwise.”

“Then what do you want me to do?!”

“I want you to go back there and take back what you said. I want you to continue your job!”

“If I do that then we’ll be set apart…” –Aww.

“I didn’t want that too.”

“This is my choice Dara…”

“What about Big Bang? What about your co-producers? What about the songs that you’re composing? What about YG?”

 

GD didn’t reply.

 

Dara said “Please don’t decide too early.”

“I’ve already decided. I mean what I said. It’s my own choice so I will not regret it.”

“That’s your choice? That’s your choice huh? Leaving me behind? You said we’ll face them all together but why are you leaving me behind?!”

“I never said I’m leaving you.”

“But that will happen if you quit in YG.”

“We’ll still be together.”

“Not always.”

“Yes, but at least we’re still in our relationship.”

“Jiyong, you’ll still leave me if you stay away from YG. You’ll let me work and live the fame that I still have, while you’re living your normal life! Didn’t it sound unfair to you?”

“What’s unfair to that?”

“We could just both leave. But you, yourself leave alone.”

“If we both leave, if you leave your job, what about yourself? What about your family? You’re the eldest, right? I know that you’re the one who supports your family’s living.”

“What about yourself? Why didn’t you think of yourself?”

“I’ve already done enough.”

“Not yet! You still have a lot of fans! Don’t leave them hanging just like that! After so many years of believing in you, you’ll abandon them?”

“I’m not abandoning them.”

“You are! You’re giving up your fame! You are abandoning your fans!”

“I still care for them after all.”

“You won’t leave them if you really care.”

 

GD was paused again and remained mute.

 

Dara said “So that’s it? You’ll just leave me being famous and everything? And you, you’ll just fade away like that without me? Huh?”

“…Okay, so this is the perfect situation for it, if I lose my popularity, you said you’ll still love me, right?”

“Yes. I did.”

“Prove it.”

“Not with me as the reason!”

“What we talked about last year is just the same as what we are dealing with now. Same reason, same case.”

“Jiyong, please don’t.”

“I already said that I’m quitting.”

 

Dara bowed her head and stops talking.

 

 

After 5 seconds…

 

 

Dara walks away from him. GD said “Ya!”

 

He followed her. He said “Dara! Where are you going? Ya!”

 

He runs to her and grabbed her hand. He said “Ya!”

 

Because GD grabbed her hand and pulled her, it made Dara turn around and face him.

GD was surprised when he saw her crying.

 

GD was wordless when he saw her crimson eyes.

 

Dara cried out loud. GD said “Why are you crying?”

“You’re leaving me! T^T”

“No, I’m not leaving you. I’ll still be with you.”

“You’ll be far away!”

“We’re still in the same place Dara. We just won’t be together.”

“Jiyong, *cries even harder* Please don’t leave me~ Please~ Please~~”

 

GD saw her pleading. He hugged Dara and said “For the mean time Dara… we’ll be apart…… for the mean time…”

 

Dara hugged him back and it was so tight. She said “Don’t do this! Please! If you’re going to quit, I’m going to quit too!”

“Don’t do it! If you do it, I’ll be mad at you.”

“It’s so unfair! Why do you have to quit because of me?”

“Because that’s how much I love you.” –Aww.

“Think of yourself too!”

“Dara… the decision I made is final. I did it for you so please do better in your career, okay?”

“No! No! Don’t leave me! *sheds tears*”

“You’ll be better. You can do it! I believe in you!”

“I’m older, you’re younger. Why do we have to be in this reverse situation?! I should be the one in your position.”

“Dara… listen to me, what I did was voluntary… no situation should be reversed here. It’s my own choice so I’ll stand to it.”

Dara keeps on crying.

 

 

When she already had poured her tears and accepted it a little bit, Jiyong sends her to their dorm…

 

 

Dara said when they’re already in front of their dorm, “This might be the last time eh? *sad*”

GD just chuckled. Dara was about to cry again so before she does, GD said “Ya jagiya.”

Dara looked at him and said “What?”

“Nothing.”

Dara sniffed. GD said “I love you.” –Awww.

“I love you too!” She runs to him and hugs him again.

 

GD said “What’s the matter?”

“You’ll always call me, okay?”

“Ne I will…”

“Ahh~~ *loosened up* …*sniffs* I still hate it. Why do you have to—?!”

GD smiled and said “Alright. Go inside now.”

“………*looks at him and starts walking backwards*…Bye bye…”

“Ne…”

 

 

She slowly enters their dorm carrying her heavy feeling.

GD goes away after Dara went inside already.

 

GD goes back to their dorm and he never told Big Bang about his decision because he knows they would be reacting so much about it and they might actually be angry at him, not only for a short time, but could be forever. So he just gets along with Big Bang members like nothing happened, like he won’t leave them after… Big Bang members didn’t notice Jiyong’s actions too and they even had fun with him that night. They have no idea that Jiyong is signing out as their leader already.

 

In 2NE1’s dorm, she shared what happened today in 2NE1. But she told them that it should be a secret.

 

 

They all reacted at the same time after Dara said “He’s quitting.”

 

“What?!!”

 

CL said “What has gotten to that man’s mind?! Why did he say that?!”

Bom said “G-Dragon is not serious! He must not be serious!!”

Minzy said “No! GD oppa can’t leave!”

Dara is still crying.

 

CL said “How could YG do that?!”

 

They don’t know what to say after that.

 

Until Dara spoke, “I can’t stop him. I tried but it doesn’t work. He’s already decided.”

 

They all became sad and shocked at the same time because of the news that Dara brought them.

 

Bom said “Stop crying Dara… just sleep and who knows, maybe tomorrow, everything’s okay already.”

Minzy said “Ne… YG won’t do this. I think he can’t do this.”

Dara said “But it already came from his own mouth. He said it himself.”

CL said “He’s crazy. Why would he put you two in that situation?”

Bom said “Okay, Dara, just sleep now.”

 

They let Dara sleep. Dara is still the cry baby in their group. No matter how old she is, she remains young at heart, sensitive and emotional.

 

So Dara was in her room already.

 

CL, Bom and Minzy were left in the living room.

 

CL said “I’ll call GD oppa in case I can change his mind. I want to help Dara unnie.”

Bom said “Go! And oh! Put it on loudspeaker so we could also hear it.”

Minzy said “Isn’t it like eavesdropping?”

Bom said “No, we just want to hear his side too.”

CL said “Alright, I already dialled his number.”

 

It was already on loudspeaker mode, so the ringing is heard loud and clear.

 

They are waiting for him to pick up his phone.

 

 

After 15 seconds, he did.

 

 

“Yoboseyo?”

CL said “Oppa!”

“Oh ne? Why did you call?”

“Why are you quitting?!”

“What? Haha. How did you know about that?”

“Dara unnie told us.”

“Oh I thought YG has made it official already.”

“Why did you do that?”

“Did Dara also ask you to call me?”

“No. She was already sleeping.”

“Ah. Didn’t she tell you the reason?”

“She already did. But why did you do that?!”

“I love her.”

“So you’ll leave the whole company? What about the moments you shared with us? You’re giving them away?”

“Okay, this is the second time, first was Dara… I’ll just be saying the same thing, it’s useless.”

“What now?”

“I said I’ve already decided that.”

“Do Big Bang members know about it?”

“No. Why would I let them know?”

“You should have their approval.”

“Obviously, they would hinder me for my decision.”

“That’s why you’re just not going to tell them so you can follow your own decision? That’s selfish.”

“It’s my fault, I know.”

“You’re going to leave us all behind? Just like that, really?”

“I’m doing this because I care for her. I almost didn’t care for my own self because I love her and I don’t want us to break up.”

CL can’t answer because she knows that yes, career is important, same goes to a relationship.

 

She said “Do you remember what the tattoo on your back says?”

“Ne.”

“Too fast to live, too young to die, you said it means that no matter how indecisiveness and setbacks attack you, it is too early to give up.”

“You memorized it?”

“Yes, because that serves as my inspiration… it serves as an inspiration to many, if you’re going to give up, what about the people that set you as their inspiration too? What will happen to their lives if they lost you? You’ve been a hero once, don’t let it end there. Think of that.”

“YG lets me choose. I chose. That’s all.”

“Oppa, do you know how hard it is for Dara? Or do you know how hard will it be for Dara?”

“It will also be hard for me.”

“Then why can’t you listen to her?”

“If she really loves me… she would let me go and make my decision.” –Aww.

 

CL, Bom and Minzy looked at each other when they heard that.

 

They were not speaking.

 

GD said “I guess this ends up here. I’m sorry… Goodbye.”

 

He ends up the call.

 

 

The three were left astounded and they couldn’t believe everything that just happened. They fail on making GD change his mind. It’s hard changing the mind of a person who was already full decided. =(

 

 

The night ends full of fretfulness… and another day starts again…

 

 

In the YG building’s dance studio…

 

 

2NE1 was all there. Dara’s face was the loneliest above them all because GD was not there and she knows why he’s not.

 

2NE1 is comforting her whether she’s being so expressive again.

Bom said “Maybe later he’ll go back in YG…”

Dara said “He won’t be coming back…” –Aww.

CL said “Just believe that he will.”

 

Then they continue working.

 

Big Bang members arrive next, but without GD. =(

 

Teddy who’s also there to watch 2NE1, noticed something. He asks them.

“Where’s Jiyong?”

 

Taeyang said “I don’t know. When we all woke up, he’s not around our hostel anymore. I guess he left earlier.”

Dara heard that. She became sadder. She doesn’t know how to express it in the most hideous way.

Teddy said “Oh, so he’s not coming here today?”

Taeyang said “Not sure. We tried to call him lately but his line was out of reach.”

“What happened to him? Maybe his phone was just uncharged so it was off for the moment.”

“Maybe.”

“But that was strange. He should be here, we talked about it before that we’re going to have another meeting today. He usually doesn’t postpone a meeting when he already agreed to it. And he always attends and goes to work everyday.”

TOP said “Maybe he’ll come later.” 

 

CL said “Yes, oppa will be here later.” then she looks at Dara.

 

Teddy asked Dara, “Dara, since he’s your boyfriend, do you know where he is?” –Aw!

 

Dara said “Uhh… No. I don’t know where he is.”

 

“Let me guess, you two fought?”

“Aniyo~”

“Hmm, then why don’t you know where he is?”

“He won’t answer my calls too.”

“Ohh… So it’s GD’s own problem. What happened to that man?”

She didn’t answer.

 

Afterwards, they proceed on practicing.

 

YG visits 2NE1 to watch their practice on the dance room.

 

YG saw Big Bang members, except GD. He said “Oh, Big Bang is here.”

Seungri said “Ne hyung.”

Dara can’t look at YG straight in the eyes. YG saw Dara practicing with 2NE1 and he observed that Dara feels bad. Because Dara was in YG, and GD’s not, he realized that GD meant what he said yesterday.

 

He watched them practice and acted like there’s nothing bugging him inside.

 

 

He waited until the afternoon to see if GD will come or not. But he didn’t. Aww =(

 

He talked to Teddy in his recording studio. He said “What time is your meeting with Jiyong?”

Teddy said “4 hours before now. He’s already 4 hours late. I think he’s not coming.”

“Did you call him?”

“I’m calling him lately but his line is still out of reach, just like what the Big Bang boys said.”

“Try to call him again.”

“Alright.”

 

Teddy calls GD again, but this time it rang!

 

Teddy said “Oh! It’s finally ringing!”

“Go on.”

 

It took so long before GD answered the call. When he already picked up the call, he said “Ye hyung?”

“Oh! Thanks! You finally answered my call! What the hell man? Where are you?”

“I’m just somewhere.”

“I thought we’re clear that we’re going to have a meeting today?”

“Oh, Ah yes.”

YG gets the phone from Teddy and he talked to GD.

 

He said “Ya.”

“Eh?”

“Ya. This is Yang Gyun… Jiyong…”

“You’re with Teddy hyung?”

“Yes. Jiyong, let’s talk.”

“For what?”

“Let’s fix this.”

“Isn’t it done yet? I thought we were done yesterday. This is what you want, right?”

“Jiyong, I want to tell you something, so please go here in YG.”

“No.”

“Ay~ Jiyong, I’m ordering you to go here.”

“I quitted. I no longer have relation under your regency.”

“Please come here, later at 6 PM, okay? Visit me at my office.”

“……Where’s Teddy hyung?”

YG gave back the phone to Teddy. Teddy said “Hello?”

“Why is he there?”

“I don’t know. What’s happening? Is there something wrong?”

“I have a lot of things to do. Call you later, bye.”

 

He hung up. Teddy said “What the heck did just happen? What’s wrong?”

YG said “I already told him to come here. Thank you by the way.”

And he goes out of his recording studio.

 

Teddy was confused of what’s happening. Haha. Only GD, Dara, YG and 2NE1 knew about it and the rest, they totally have no idea that a thing just happened.

 

YG goes to his office and spends the remaining hours waiting for Jiyong to come.

 

In the dance studio…

 

 

Dara, CL and Minzy are together with Big Bang members, TOP, Seungri and Daesung. But wait, where are Bom and Taeyang?

 

Let’s see… They are now in the cafeteria and eating. Together? Kyaah!

 

They’re sitting on the same table. They’re dining together.

Taeyang said “Last night, you forgot to reply to my message noona.”

“Ah! I forgot because I fell asleep. I’m sorry.”

“I was waiting for it until I fell asleep too.”

 

-Waaah! They’re sending messages to each other?! Omo! =)

 

Bom smiled. She continued eating. Taeyang said “Oh, noona. You have something on the side your lips.”

“Oh, really?”

She tries to wipe it but she wiped the wrong side. Taeyang looks around the cafeteria to see if people are around. No one is around, so Taeyang stretches his arm and wiped Bom’s face with his hand.

 

Bom said “Oh. So there it is.”

“Yep. You only put foods in your mouth, right? Not anywhere in your face.” –Haha!

“I’m sorry! Ya, you talk like this thing doesn’t happen to you.”

“Haha. I’m just kidding. When you’re done eating, let’s go back there.”

“Alright, wait for about maybe… 10 more minutes.”

“Okay.”

 

-Aww. So Taeyang just accompanied Bom in the cafeteria because she’ll be eating. It seems like they have now an intimate relationship, or more? Haha.

 

Back in the dance studio…

 

 

CL and Seungri are not talking to each other. They’re both not in the mood. Seungri keeps on looking at CL, trying to find a way to talk to her but seeing her not paying attention to his glances and looking away from him, he thought that CL is not in the mood to do so, that’s why he lost the mood to talk to her too. Haha.

 

CL is feeling bad for Dara that day too and for the words that GD said yesterday when she called him.

 

Since CL and Seungri are not talking, TOP tends to break the silence, “Where’s Bom noona?”

Daesung said “I don’t know. I think she’s taking a break.”

Minzy said “Why does this day feel so weird?”

TOP said “Why do you feel so weird? Because you’re already 19 years old?” –Haha.

“What? *laughs* That doesn’t have something to do with what I’m saying. Oppa, you’re so random.”

“We saw Minzy grew up, she’s matured now.”

“Aiing~! Oppa!”

Daesung said “Minzy is like our company’s baby. She’s the youngest and now she’s one year away from 20’s.”

They felt awkward. TOP laughed and said “Why is it that we’re acting and saying things like we raised her?”

They laughed.

Daesung said “We’re going to have more hoobaes, I heard.”

“Yeah. Another group will be born here in YG.”

Minzy said “We’re going to be their sunbaes.”

“Yeah…”

 

Then someone talked from the door, “I’m ready!”

It was Bom and they saw she’s with Taeyang.

 

Daesung said “Oh! Taeyang hyung is together with Bom noona. Omo~”

Because of that, Dara smirked. Dara smiled at last!

 

TOP was just looking at them and smiling too.

Seungri said “Oh! Is this an issue?! Is this an issue?!”

Bom said “Aish. Youngbae and I just entered at the same time!”

“But you’re both gone lately, are you two together?”

“No, we just came here together.”

“I thought you two go out somewhere else together.”

“Definitely, no.”

 

Oohhh~ This is the same scenario as what GD and Dara have gone through before. Entering the building at the same time and being suspected as going together, and they’re also both denying the truth. Haha! Very the same!

 

And, since Bom was there already, 2NE1 gets back on practicing.

 

 

Hours later…

 

 

Here comes a surprising appearance of GD inside the YG building. Aww. He really came.

He goes straight to the recording studio with only few noticing. 2NE1 and Big Bang don’t even know that he came over.

But what is he going to do there?

 

He enters the recording studio and Teddy was there. Teddy said “Ohh! G-Dragon! You came!”

“I was here to get my things. I’m sorry I wasn’t able to attend the meeting hyung.”

“Get your things for what?”

“Nothing.” He continuously searches for his things inside the recording studio and collecting it.

Teddy said “Oh, before I forgot, YG told me that if I saw you came here, he told me to tell you to go to his office right away.”

“He told you that?”

“Yes.”

“Fine. *walks away* What does he want now?”

 

He goes out of the recording studio.

Teddy said “What’s really happening? Ugh.” –Haha.

 

He walks straight to YG’s office.

 

He knocked once then opened the door. He’s looking so serious.

YG was still there waiting for him. He said “Jiyong, I’m glad you came.”

“What are we going to talk about?”

“Have a seat.”

GD sits down. YG said “Jiyong… with regards to what happened yesterday, I would like to apologize.”

“………”

“What are those for? *he saw what Jiyong was holding*”

“I’m packing my things up.”

“Don’t.”

“I’m going to give you a resignation letter for formality, don’t worry, it will follow up.”

“Jiyong… I know you’re already quitting, but what I said that day was not from a real source.”

“What do you mean?”

“Your performances are still good, and also Dara’s. And of course, the loss of offers is only due to the time, not due t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter