FINAL DISTANCE (since 2009)

FINAL DISTANCE (since 2009)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 86

 

 

GD knew the answers to his suspicion. He found out that the two are really going out with each other. He gets a little bit angry to TOP but instead of going to him and call for a fist fight, he decided to do it the calm way to keep things in control. He wants TOP and him to talk about it privately, man to man.

 

He didn’t let that day pass without being able to talk to him. He waits for him in their dorm until he came home. 2 hours have passed…

 

He came home at last. GD was in the sofa and said “Hyung, where have you been?”

“Just… ate outside, why?”

“Are you available now?”

“Yes?”

“Then can I talk to you for a second?”

“Huh?”

 

Seungri came out of his room and saw the two talking, he said “Oops. Am I ruining something?”

GD was just looking at him. Seungri said “Okay… I understand.” He goes back to his room and closed the door again. Hahaha. He then leaned his head on the door and tried to listen to what they’re talking about.

 

TOP said “What are we going to talk about?”

“You’ll know after we get out of here because *raises his voice a bit* I think it’s not safe to talk here, just maybe someone’s listening!”

 

-Seungri, inside his room-

 

He murmured “Oh damn it.” –Hahaha.

 

So then GD and TOP go out of their dorm.

They were talking outside of the building of their dormitory.

 

GD said “Someone informed me about several things.”

“What things?”

“You should know what I’m talking about.”

“What is it?”

“You… and Dara.”

“Uh—”

“I heard you two are going out and I didn’t know it before.”

“Who told you about it?”

“Seungri.”

“Seungri? How did he know?”

“We know that V.I is such a gossip at times, that’s why.”

“Ah.”

“But don’t hurt my Seungri! Now, let’s talk about it, is it true that you and Dara are going out together?”

“……”

“It’s okay. I won’t let this affect our friendship. I just want to know.” He confronts TOP. GD is really a straightforward person, until now. Yeah, that will never change.

TOP can’t look at his eyes straight when he said “Yes.”

GD stared at his eyes more. That is kind of scary. He said “Why?”

“I’m so sorry Jiyong.”

TOP can’t keep it more to himself and he thinks that this is the right time to tell everything to him since he can’t do anything now but tell it to him.

He said “I seem to be interested with Dara but just a little bit, not too much!” –Really? Not too much eh? Haha.

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

“I was afraid that our friendship would be messed up after.”

“*exhaled loudly* It won’t. I’m just seeking for the truth and only that. Now, next question I have to ask you is… what happened the night I got drunk? Tell me.”

“That… Uhh…. *swallows hard* You got knocked out and we carried you.”

“Who’s with you? Dara?”

“Ye.”

“I see. Continue…”

“The moment we lay you in your bed, you hung on Dara and your foot catches me, so we both fell on the bed beside you… but bad thing is, I fell on top of her.”

“On top of her?! What did you two do?!” –Haha.

“I didn’t do anything but that is the moment I found her more than attractive. I’m so sorry!”

“Hm! That’s it. Hmmm… And there! I remembered! I’m curious about this thing… when we go in the club together… What really happened in the club after I left?”

“Actually, in that club, to tell you the truth, I tried to be your wingman to distract you, for me not to say the truth to you… I called Dara before you leave, (It’s the scene that GD saw him talking to someone on his phone) and tell her that I’m at that club, I told her to come. After you left… I got drunk too much… and…

 

 

---FLASHBACK---

 

-Inside the club-

 

Dara finds TOP. When she found him, he’s already sitting and bowing his head on the table and sleeping, like a man who’s sleeping in class.

Dara tapped him hard. She said “TOP-ssi!!! Wake up!!”

TOP opened his eyes because he heard her voice. He sits properly and said “You came!”

“Why are you here?! What do you think you’re doing?!”

TOP just smiled. Dara said “Come on, let’s go home!”

“How?”

“I brought my car.”

“Are you sure you can carry me?”

“I will try. Aigoo! Why are you being so radical out here?!”

“Dara! I don’t want to go home yet!”

“What are you going to do here then?”

“I’m going to keep myself drunk!”

“There are too many people, what if someone took a picture of you and post it on the internet?”

“Then… TOP, the drunken man, will become famous!”

“Aish, you’re—too much!”

 

-40 minutes later-

 

Dara carried TOP to her car and drives him back to their dorm.

 

---END OF FLASHBACK---

 

 

“So that’s only what happened huh… Tell me more!”

Then TOP told him everything that he’s been through and everything that happened between him and Dara. GD is acting tough in front of TOP but inside him, he was so hurt about everything that he said. He just acted like he doesn’t feel that way. Aww.

After TOP has made his confession, GD said “Therefore, it’s all true…”

TOP didn’t say anything.

GD said “Why did you keep on going out with her when you already know that she’s my girlfriend?”

“………”

“Ya.”

“…That’s why I’m saying sorry… I’m out of myself those days.”

“I hope today and the days after this, you’re already not.”

“Yes, I promise.”

“Is she always coming with you?”

“Yes. We’re just hanging around, but we’re not dating… I don’t think it’s a date, I think it’s just a bonding that we had.”

“I can’t believe I made it last this long! You’ve been together for about… a long time ago? This is feeble!”

“I’m sorry.”

“Stop saying sorry, you’re just making things feel worse for me. I’m being sorrier about myself.”

“We’ll still be friends, right?”

“I won’t give a damn right now to you, just don’t do that again, as I’ve said, this won’t affect our friendship, GDTOP. But I want you to remember something…”

“What?”

“You can be with Dara but only as friends, okay? Strictly, as friends only! You understand?!”

“Yes I do.”

“If you get off that limit, come what may… what you expect to happen, will absolutely… happen.”

“Okay.”

“For now, I want you to stay away from her first. I’m just afraid that it will lead to something when you still kept in touch.”

“Ye.”

“And one more thing… Listen to me…”

“?????”

“Dara is one of my possessions, and you know very well hyung that everything that I own… including her…… I don’t let anyone borrow.” –Whoa!

“……..Ne.”

“Don’t tell Dara that I warned you about this. Just make a move by yourself. Do what you should do.”

“Ne. Araesso.”

“…I will let this end this quick but specific. I hope I made myself clear to you. After this, everything will be back to the way it is and let’s act like nothing just happened.”

“Act like nothing happened?”

“Yes, is it that hard?”

“I thought so.”

“*chuckles* Come on hyung, let’s go inside.” He walks in.

TOP looked at him while he’s walking inside their building. He thought “I thought he would be violent against me to what I told him. But… he acted different.”

GD thought while he’s walking “Everybody knows that it’s hard to act like nothing happened especially if you by hook or by crook lose your trust to your friend. But this time, now that I told him what he should do, I somehow regained it. I trust you TOP hyung. By now, I need to act like nothing happened… like it didn’t hurt even just a little.” –Aww.

 

TOP goes after him and they ride the elevator up to their dorm. They get in there and act like normal fellas again. GD thought “Next thing I have to do is… talk to Dara.”

He is struggling to settle everything in a peaceful way, a way that a matured man would think to do. GD is trying to make things right and back to the real thing.

 

 

On the other side…

 

 

Before the day ends, 2NE1 gathered in their dorm…

CL said “It’s been a long time since we last clean our apartment. It’s a little bit spooky.”

They laughed. Bom said “We better fix everything in our apartment and in our selves.”

CL said “What do you mean, in our selves?”

Bom replied “Not literally our looks, but let’s also consider that… I’m going to buy my cosmetics again! Oh! I forgot! I need to buy one again! My skin is getting a little bit dry.”

She was carried away by the word ‘looks’ so she got too off topic after.

CL said “Aisshh! There she goes again! Unnie! Excuse me, you were about to say something to us, am I right?”

“Ah ye! As I was saying… *clears * As the oldest… I’m saying that we have to fix our own problems inside and outside the company.”

Minzy said “We don’t have problems inside and—”

Bom said “I was talking about Dara.”

Dara, who’s being quiet on one side, was shocked. She said “Oh! Why me?”

Bom said “Oh Dara… I can see you even when my eyes are closed.” –It means that she can still sense it even when she’s not saying anything.

Dara said “What should I say?”

CL said “What is this all about?” -They can’t relate to it.

Bom said “Since we’re all like best friends, I’m going to share it to the four of us here.”

Minzy said “Am I allowed to hear it too?”

Bom said “Minzy-ah! I just said ‘four’! Aish. This is really…” –Hahaha.

Minzy said “I just thought that you won’t allow me to hear it because of my age again.”

They laughed again. Bom said “Well this is a serious thing about Dara… and… Jiyong-ie.”

“Jiyong oppa?” –CL said.

“Ne!”

Dara was remaining silent. CL said “Wait. Does this have something to do with what happened before on your date, unnie?”

Dara exhaled and said “Yes.”

Bom said “Dara, are you aware that GD made me a lookout for you? He did that to keep you safe and guarded whenever he’s not around.”

Dara said “He did? *touched* …Is it… is it… the reason why you’re so close to him and you’re together sometimes?”

“We’re already close since then but yes, since we’re close, he asked that favor to me and that’s also the reason why we’re together at times.”

“Really?” She just found GD so sweet by that and she realizes that she has nothing to be jealous about.

Bom said “And… did you know that… Ah-no, I mean… What is really with you and TOP?”

Bom is saying things straight so that it would be answered directly too.

“You have something with TOP oppa?” –Minzy said in a surprised tone.

Bom said “Are you really going out with him behind GD’s back?”

 

---SILENCE---

 

 

They are waiting for Dara’s response. CL and Minzy are quite astounded to what’s being said by Bom.

CL said “Unnie, is it true?”

Dara said “Yes.” –Waaa.

They are even more shocked. Dara looks sad.

She said “Actually, I got this feeling too the past few days… like, I’m not Dara anymore… I am not myself. I don’t know why.”

CL said “That’s cheating unnie, don’t you know that?”

“TOP and I had nothing more than that.”

“But it’s still cheating because you’re lying! I guess GD oppa doesn’t know anything about this.”

“Ne.” –Dara said.

“I can’t believe it unnie.” –CL said.

Minzy was quiet and just listening to what they’re talking about.

Bom said “Dara, what’s happening?”

Dara said “I don’t know, maybe I want something more.”

CL said “Something more? Why? Because GD oppa is so busy that’s why you find someone who’s not?”

Bom said “Dara, GD is trying to put you in, behind his hectic schedule from Monday to Sunday! How could you state that as your reason?”

Dara didn’t speak. Minzy said “Does this mean that unnie is in love with another man?”

They all looked at Minzy. Maknae is comprehensive about the topic even when she’s still at the corner. She is referring to TOP.

Dara said “TOP is only a special friend for me, he’s a friend…”

CL said “Do you love him?”

“Aniyo!”

“Then what?”

“I just feel a comfort when I’m with him.”

“Do you still love Jiyong oppa?”

“Yes.”

“Aish! It’s not equal!”

Bom said “Now I know why you’re always fighting.”

“Huh?” –Dara said.

Bom remembered that GD told him to keep it as their secret so she just said “I just know it. I can sense you, I said, right?”

Dara just nodded. CL said “We’re just concerned, okay? But I think that what you’re doing is wrong. Stop it as early as you can.”

Minzy said “I thought you love GD oppa, unnie? Why is this happening?”

Dara can’t always answer Minzy’s strong question.

Bom said “How could you hurt a man that’s being so loyal to you?”

Dara stayed quiet.

Bom said “Do you remember before? You were just picturing and hoping that GD would like you too? Now that he likes you, no… that’s not the term, now that he ‘loves’ you, you started feeling that way? Come on Dara! He’s all there! The one that you’ve been wishing for is all there, but why are you doing it all to him?”

“I didn’t mean it.”

CL said “Why did you even entertain TOP oppa? You already have a boyfriend!”

“He’s…” –Dara replied.

“Unnie, if you’re going to defend TOP right now, don’t. Because it’s your fault, you let him in! You gave him signs that he has a chance and the free will to be with you always. You know why? It’s because, you show that kind of meaning to him! You kept him hopeful. You don’t even let him show that you are already ‘taken’ by another guy.” –CL. She’s right!

Bom said “Do you know about this too, CL?”

“I’m a keen observer unnie and I can even predict what’s happening even though I don’t know what really it is.”

They got silent.

CL said “We’re scolding you now because you’re our friend, our sister, and we want you to be fine.”

Dara said “I’ve been bothered with that these days too.”

“See? So let’s fix it.” –Bom said.

CL said “I suggest you stay with GD oppa, even if you feel comforted or more than alright when you’re with TOP oppa.”

Bom said “Dara… there are things that GD does that TOP can’t.”

Dara said “There are.”

Bom said “You told us that GD holds your hand in public when you’re walking, that he stays with you overnight just to protect you or whenever you’re scared. He makes surprises for you, he comes with you to a place where you want the both of you to go even if he doesn’t really like it there, he calls you every morning just to say “I love you” and also before you sleep. He composes songs for you, he can stay up all night while walking in the streets, only if you’re with him… and I know there’s many more...... Can TOP do all that?”

“There’s a difference as you know, GD and I are committed while me and TOP are—”

Bom said “That’s exactly the point! You are committed to each other!”

CL said “Okay, let’s make this straight to the point… Unnie, what will you do if GD did the same thing to you? Can you stand seeing him with another girl?”

“No.”

“That’s also what he feels, see the point? Stop it before it hits you back. (Karma)”

Bom said “Dara, if you leave GD, you might never get him back again.”

CL said “Yeah, and unnie, you will never find another man like him…yes, if you leave him… you will try to find that trait on a guy again and again until you were able to find out that no one has that but him then you’ll just regret it in the end.”

Bom said “GD respects you as who you are, as a girl… and we all know that there are hardly any guys who have that to girls. You are so lucky Dara!”

Minzy said “Ye unnie, no guy can love you like he does. I think Jiyong oppa loves you very much.”

Bom and CL looked at Minzy. Bom said “Minzy, you are improving~! Maknae-ah already knows love.”

While they’re teasing Minzy, Dara calmed down and thought “They’re right… I didn’t realize that. *cheerless*”

They (CL, Bom and Minzy) see Dara’s expression so they changed the atmosphere.

CL said “Unnie… that’s all we can do to help you. We may have not fixed it for you and we only say few words… but… it says everything. Why don’t you try to talk to him and confess everything that you feel and the main reason why? Fix your own problem with him.”

“Okay. I will.”

Bom said “We’re going to fix our rooms, right? Let’s do it! Yay!” in a brisk way.

CL, Minzy and Bom get in their rooms with a bright mood to cheer her up and change the emotions that she feels right now.

Dara goes inside her room too. She sits on her bed.

She thought “My heart feels so heavy.”

She remembered what Bom said, “Dara, if you leave GD, you might never get him back again.”

She said “I don’t want to lose him.”

She checked her phone and she deleted all TOP’s messages. Finally! Dara is back to her senses!

 

After deleting all of TOP’s messages, GD’s old messages appeared. She reads all of them and realizes how GD is being so good to her. Even if sometimes she doesn’t reply to his messages and she doesn’t call, he’s still there texting her, calling her and letting her remember that she exists in his world. She was near to crying. She realizes how rude she became to him. She keeps on scrolling down to read all of it. There are a lot of his messages but only a few of them gets her replies. Aww =(

In reading his messages, she suddenly opened a MMS from GD. It was the picture that he sent last Christmas from GD. It’s his smiling face in it. The message says “Merry Christmas Dara! Let’s stay strong!” (Chapter 80)

She stares at his face in the picture and said “Why did I hurt you?” while her eyes are tearing up. She imagines if GD was really gone. She cried more. She can’t bear losing his man just like that. She reflects upon what’s going on in her life and knew how bad she became. She feels sorry about herself and she doesn’t know what to do. She keeps on tearing up. She resides on being quiet, she closes her eyes, tries to feel her inner vibration and listen carefully to what her heart is saying. She clasps her hand and prays to God. She asks for guidance and help, to lead her to the right path again. She prays that hopefully, GD will still be hers after all and he won’t give up on her.

Dara begs so that GD and her will be back to okay when she decided to talk to him personally.

 

When she’s done praying… she opens her eyes. She looked at his picture again and said “Tomorrow.”

It means that tomorrow, she will talk to him.

 

That night, on Big Bang’s dorm…

TOP feels so remorseful of what he just did. He thought “How did we reach here? How did I get up to this situation? I was already warned before…. But what did I do?”

 

It is the time when he and his friend went to a café bar. His friend said so many things about it before… words like…

---FLASHBACK---

 

(Cut from Chapter 82)

 

“…You got to back off, man.”

“If you keep on going, you’re making a big mistake.”

“…stay away from her as soon as possible, …”

“Go away from her because if you don’t… your feeling is in danger dude. You’re entering a restricted property of your friend.”

“…I know girls like her are hard to find, but so are good friends. Don’t let that thoughtless love ruin your friendship!”

“Just… get over it and move on! That’s the best thing you can do.”

 

 

---END OF FLASHBACK---

 

He thought “Why didn’t I listen hard? I cheated on my own friend. GDTOP, it was such a shame for me. Why didn’t I think of it first!? Ahhh!! I’m such a moron! Now, I can’t even do talking with him… I don’t know what face I should show him. I’m a terrible guy. I need to do something in order to preserve some things… to preserve our friendship. On the first place, it shouldn’t really be like this.”

 

TOP repented from the things that he did.

The truth came out tonight. Is it a signal for a wreck or just another tricky situation?

Tomorrow comes and it is the day in which Dara will confess everything to GD… another truth will be revealed. But this time, it’s Dara’s side.

 

Dara called GD. Thankfully GD still answered it after TOP’s confession last night about them.

He said “Ne?”

“Jagiya… Ohh… How are you?”

“I’m fine. Why?”

“Are you doing something today?”

“None. It’s my day off.”

“Can we… can we… talk?”

“I was about to say that to you too.”

“Really? What is it about?”

“Uh… maybe it’s better if we just meet and talk about it personally.”

“You’re right.”

“I hope you know what I’m talking about.”

“It’s about us.”

“Yes.”

“So… let’s meet now?”

“Better if we do it now than later.”

“Okay.”

“See you, bye.”

 

 

Then they meet at the place they decided to. They’re facing each other now. This time, GD is ready for the pain that he’ll get when Dara admits it all to him.

GD speaks “Let’s start this.”

“Okay.”

“I want to clear things out and know everything from you. Please be honest today.”

“*inhales deeply and exhales without sound* Okay.”

“Let’s not fool ourselves here. We know we have a problem so let’s make things straight to the point, okay?”

“Alright.”

“Let’s tell now what’s going on. What are you going to say to me now?”

“You first.”

“Okay…… Dara-yah.”

“Ne?”

“I confirmed it yesterday… that you and TOP hyung had something… I want to know why did you do that?”

“We’re not something like what you thought of us.”

“Then what?”

“We’re……friends.”

“Friends? Going out with him almost everyday, talking to him on the phone and even texting, you call that friends? I don’t even do that to my girl friends!”

“He’s just like my best friend.”

“Best friend? Then why did you hide him from me? Why did you lie?”

“I—because—”

“Is he the reason why you’re being cold to me?”

“Ah—”

“Jagiya, answer me.”

“Yes.” –Aw =(

GD didn’t speak for 5 seconds after that. But he continued…

“Did you… did you… fall for TOP?”

Dara can’t talk back. GD rephrased his question…

“Do you love TOP?”

Dara said “I don’t love him but I—almost…I’m sorry Jiyong. *bows her head*”

“Do you still love me?” –Aww.

“Yes! Of course.”

GD just stares at her. Dara said “Why?”

“If you love me, you won’t cheat on me.” –Right!

“Jiyong, it’s not——”

“I’m not avoiding you to have friends but… not to the point that you fall for them. If you know that you’re already starting to feel something else, you should just stay away, right? That’s what you’ll do if you really love me.”

Dara didn’t talk after. GD said “Now, let’s explain each other’s side… I’ll let you explain yours first. I won’t talk, just you. I’ll listen. Go.”

GD lingers for being subdued. Dara talks…

“When I started being cold to you… that’s because, you got so busy and I want to be with someone that could pay off my lifeless days without you, then here he comes. We go out sometimes, we became close friends. We have a lot of similarities and I find that interesting. Then that’s the time that you keep on texting me, calling me but I don’t answer your calls sometimes… that’s because… me and TOP are already meeting. There’s a reason for it… you always want us to hide from everyone… but all I want is a guy who can show me in public and be proud of me as his girl… and TOP did that. I want someone who will break all rules to make his girl feel more wanted than ever. I am not saying that I didn’t see that from you, it’s just that… I see it more from TOP. We always go out. He brings me to more places. We are not moving forward Jiyong. We're stuck in here. Furthermore, I am looking for s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter