Plans

My Finest Hour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

After Miranda drove up the house she stayed in the car a few minutes after she turned off the engine, she took deep breaths and reached for her purse on the passenger side and got out. She did not call out when she opened the front door. She knew that Victoria is spending the night at Nichkhun’s to help watch the baby for tonight while Krystal had phoned earlier and told her that she was not staying up late to wait up for her because she has an early day tomorrow at school. Miranda had to explain to her cousin that she was held up in the office over something important that was why she was going to be home late.

That just left Taecyeon. She was not sure if he had gone home straight after he left Craving’s earlier, but she saw his new car parked in the garage. The living room was empty so Miranda went up to check on her cousin, she tiptoed into Krystal’s room and found her cousin fast asleep. She fussed with the blanket and kissed her cousin’s forehead and murmured a hushed good night when Krystal stirred in her sleep before she walked out of the room.

Miranda took a deep breath as she paused by Taecyeon’s door, she lifted her hand to knock but suddenly hesitated, and she took a step back and went to her bedroom across the hall instead.

 

Taecyeon sighed when he heard her bedroom door open and close. He had waited with bated breath for her to knock when he heard her footsteps stop by his door. He rubs his face in frustration, he wants to do something for her, and he saw how tired she looked when she stepped out of her car from his bedroom window. He sat on the bed to think of what he can do for her after a minute or two he gets up and walks out of the room. He softly knocks on her door and waited.

“Mir, it’s me.”

“Come in.”

He pushed the door open and stood in the doorway, she was barefoot and her hair was pulled free of her ponytail was now cascading down past her shoulders in soft waves and she was taking off her earrings when she walked out of her dressing room slash closet.

She smiles, “Hi,” she puts down her earrings on top of a bureau.

He was staring at her, “Have you eaten dinner?”

She shook her head, “I’m not hungry,” she says with a sigh.

“I’ll make you something warm and light, come down to the kitchen after you wash up and change.” He turns around and ignores her protests and heads down to make her something to eat.

“Taec!” Miranda lets out a sigh when he ignored her and walked out of her bedroom, she hurried to the bathroom for a quick shower and to change. She was already applying her moisturizer when she finally decided to tell him.

 

Taecyeon just finished making an open-faced sandwich and heated up the leftover soup from earlier when she walked into the kitchen. He noted that her hair was damp from her shower and she was wearing comfortable looking white cotton tunic and silk black pajama bottoms. He smiles as she approached, he points at the kitchen table.

“Sit,” he brings the soup and sandwich with him and placed it in front of her.

“Thanks,” she smiles up at him. She still doesn’t have an appetite, but she was wise enough not to argue with him. She watched him turn around and pick up a bottle of wine and glasses from the kitchen counter. She picks up her spoon and tasted the soup; she found it bland but didn’t complain.

He poured wine into both glasses and handed one to her, he settled on the chair on her right. They clink their glasses together and with a smile took a sip. He watched as she takes another sip and for a while she avoided his eyes.

“Eat,” he tells her.

Reluctantly she takes another spoonful of soup, he saw how she had difficulty in swallowing, he sighs and picks up half of the sandwich and held it up . He sets his jaw stubbornly when she tried to decline.

He cajoles her, “you need to eat.”

She sighs before opened and she takes a bite, he grins at her while she chews, the sandwich was still poised for her next bite. When she almost finished the half he was holding he motions at the soup.

She winced, “It’s bland.”

He frowns, “It’s not bland,” he picks up the spoon and tastes it, it tasted okay to him.

Miranda had no choice but to continue eating, she was having a hard time swallowing the food but she had to because she fears he might force them down , when he was finally satisfied that she had eaten enough, she almost lets out a sigh of relief. She offered to do the dishes, but he waved her hands away and did them for her. She watched his broad back for a while, he was almost finished rinsing the dishes before she could finally talk.

“I called him,” she saw him stiffen for a moment before he relaxed and wiped his hand on a dish towel and approached her.

“I called him after I talked to my mom, I needed to hear from her that I was making the right decision,” she props one foot up on the chair and hugged it close, she lean back in her chair. He was already seated back on his chair. She risked him a glance.

 

 

“I told him,” she slowly exhales, “I told him I can’t be his wife,” her hands moved down to hold her ankle. “I told him I want a divorce.” She looks at him before she lets out a chuckle and rested her forehead on the propped up knee.

She heard him exhale, she looks up at him. “I told him it was over,” she lets go of her leg and sets it back on the floor. “It had been over for a very long time now.” She picks up her glass and takes a sip.

“How did he take it?” he had to ask.

She shrugged, “Not readily, but he didn’t have a choice, I told him I will take it to court if I have to,” she paused and played with the stem of her wine glass. “I am not scared to do that, but I told him that in the best interest of both our companies and reputation that we settle it quietly.” She lets out a small laugh, “I really didn’t have much to go on, I was grasping at straws but thankfully he conceded, hopefully, he leaves me alone.”

She tiredly rubs her face, she smiles at him, “You are now talking to a soon-to-be-divorced woman, I have to check with the lawyers and see if I can rub off any record of that ‘marriage’,” she rolls her eyes and picks up the glass again, takes a sip. “I can’t believe he ruined it for me. I am now going to be a divorcee!” she leans back on her chair, “Unbelievable! I haven’t even been engaged yet!”

Miranda groans and rubs her face again, totally annoyed. She feels a hand wrapping around her nape and starts to knead it.

Taecyeon chuckles, “Is that what’s worrying you?” he was greatly relieved that HE was no longer in the picture, well for now.

She laughs with her hand still on her face, “That and some other things,” she leans towards him and immediately she was pulled closer and she was in his embrace, she was lifted off her chair and she was now seated on his lap. She surrenders and melts in his arms.

“Don’t worry, nothing is unacceptable nowadays,” he grins in her hair.

She chuckled against his neck, “Everybody says that bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter