Get What You Want

My Finest Hour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Miranda risked a glance at the man seated next to her, “Well?”

“Well what?”

Miranda chuckles, her eyes now back at focusing on the road, “You haven’t said a word after we left the airport. How do you like Seoul so far?”

“It’s a city.” Taecyeon says with a shrug, his eyes were focused outside his window.

She lifts her brows at the almost uninterested tone of his voice, she stops at a red light and turns to him, “Sorry if I dragged you here, Dr. Ok. I forgot you prefer white water rafting and rock climbing over the concrete jungle. I promise as soon as you are done here, I’ll ship you to wherever it is you want to be,” she smirks at his offended expression.

Taecyeon throws his hands up as if blocking a blow from her, “Whoa! Where did that come from?”

Miranda laughs, “No honestly, I am really grateful that you agreed to do this. Mama said that you have been helpful with her case load, she was the one who suggested that you take the lead on this since you’ve garnered quite a reputation for being the best with cases such as this, “ she smiles at him as she eased back the car in gear. “Thanks, I’ll show you my appreciation in by granting whatever it is you want.” Since she was trying to check if she can change lane safely, she failed to see the satisfied smile on Taecyeon’s face.

“Anything that I want, huh?”

She nods, “Of course.” She gave him a brief smile.

Taecyeon comfortably leans back on his seat, “I will think of something.”

“You do that.”

He chuckles, she hasn’t changed. He watched her as she expertly and calmly maneuvered their car in traffic.

“So, where do you want to go first after lunch? I can take you to the hospital to meet the other doctors on the case or if you prefer the hotel so you can rest up for a bit. Hmm?”

He hummed, “How about I hang out at your place for a while?”

She nods, “Sure, that’s not a problem. The girls are excited to see you.” A smile tugs at her lips, “Victoria had invited Se Young over. You’ll get to see your two minions all grown up.”

He smiles widely before he lets out a laugh, “I know, I can’t believe it has been this long, the last time I saw them was what, the day we left for New Zealand I think,” he sighs.

She was nodding, “Yes, that’s actually right. They cried buckets of tears because their Oppa was leaving them,” she giggles, “I had to take them out for ice cream to stop them from sulking around the house.”

“What about you, did you sulk too?”

Miranda had to turn her head to look at him, she chuckles, “Sure,” she says to humor him, “I missed you too,” she smiles, “We all did.”

“Good.”

She lets out a short laugh, “But you’re here now, you can mesmerize them with your adventures,” she suddenly remembers something, “Oh, did I tell you already that Stella is moving here with her family?”

“Uh-huh, you told me yesterday,” he grins when she guffaws, “Man, you’re getting forgetful!”

“Hey!” she glares at him, “watch it, buddy.”

He chuckles, “So are you trying to recruit our best friends to work for you? Are Daniel and Carol moving up here too? It would be nice; the gang will be complete again.”

“Ha! Like you’re going to move here!” she smirks.

“Why the heck not?” he pulls up his brow, he had turned around in his seat to face her.

“What about your girlfriend? Will she move up here too?”

“Who are you talking about, I don’t have a girlfriend.”

Miranda’s jaw dropped, “What do you mean you don’t? What happened to Janine?” she frowns, “Er, or was it Janice, oh Janet! That’s it, Janet! What about her, your radiologist?”

“She is not my radiologist and her name is Jessie.” Taecyeon says to her, he leans back on his seat.

“Right, sorry. Jessie. What happened? She was so cute and nice in Las Vegas, I thought she was the one?”

Taecyeon chuckles, “You are such a nerdy romantic!” he shakes his head at her and she fakes a delighted smile, he sighs, “We only went out a few times more after Vegas, it was never serious. She was not interested in anything ‘serious’, she told me herself,” he looks out his window, “besides, she is not the one.” He turns back at her in time to see her glance at him.

“Sorry to hear that. I was rooting for you two.” She sighs, “Oh, well. Maybe you will meet 'her' here,” she injects an excited tone, “You never know, like they all say. Things happen for a reason.” she reached out and pats his knee.

He laughs, “Why thank you, ma’am,”

She nods conceitedly, “you’re welcome.” She grins. She suspects that she had darkened his mood by mentioning the woman so she starts to tell him about what she had been up to since the last time they talked, which was approximately twenty-four hours ago.

 

 

Taecyeon watched her as she chatters on, he was really glad he said yes to her when she asked him to help out in one of her charity projects. The flight was long and tiring especially since he insisted in studying all the notes and scans he got of the patient. He couldn’t help the happiness he felt when he saw her waiting for him at the arrival area that he engulfed her in a crushing hug the momen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter