Chance

My Finest Hour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Victoria suddenly felt dizzy. She reached up to massage her temples and took deep breaths, she found Se Young on the seat next to her slacked jawed and looking wildly at Krystal.

Se Young blinked, “How, I mean who,” she was having a hard time formulating something to say.

Krystal gasps, “You know of it too!?!” she said to Se Young, her face getting darker by the second, “So you all kept me in the dark!?” she screamed and beat her fists on the car seat.

Victoria was shaken out of her trance with the scream, “Sweetheart let me explain,” she started to say.

“NO!” Krystal yelled, “Why did you keep it from me!”

“I didn’t keep anything from you! You have to listen to me first.” Victoria’s voice was already up a notch.

Se Young decided to intervene, she was also still reeling from what Krystal just said, “Everybody calm down!” she said to the pair who was having a yelling match in the middle of a highway. “Please!”

Both cousins looked at her, “Okay, let us all take deep breaths.” She encouraged them, “Let us go home and talk about this.” She turns to Krystal, “I promise we can explain all this to you. Give your unnie a chance to talk.”

It may not have been possible but Krystal successfully stomped her foot, “No, you tell me right now!” she was all red in the face, “I was humiliated, my classmates saw the article and started asking me about it! There I was looking like an idiot because I didn’t know what was happening! How can you do this to me, Unnie!” she finally burst into tears.

Victoria hurriedly got out of the car and went to the back seat and wrapped her arms around Krystal. Se Young took out tissues from her purse and handed them to Victoria.

“Hush, darling.” Victoria coos, “I did no such thing to you, I promise I can explain it, Se Young was with me last night, it was just a prank I pulled in the restaurant.” She wipes the tears and kissed her cousin’s tear-stained cheeks.

Krystal sniffles, “What do you mean a prank?”

Se Young laughs, “Your unnie got monumentally pissed by someone and pretended to be Nichkhun’s girlfriend just to piss her right back.” She nods at the disbelieving look from Krystal.

“You did what?!” Krystal pulled away from Victoria so she can fully face her, her jaw dropped; she turns to Se Young who was grinning and back to her cousin who looked very guilty.

Suddenly a ten-wheeler barreled next to their car and it shook from the force.

“Omo!” Se Young exclaimed she looked terrified, “Let’s talk about this someplace else; let’s go home, we can talk all we want, just not here.” She crawled to the driver’s side and proclaimed that she is driving.

“So it’s not real? You’re not really in a relationship with Nichkhun-oppa?” Krystal asks Victoria.

“I swear it’s not true, he and I are just friends. My temper got the best of me that’s all.” Victoria hugged her tightly, “I will never keep anything from you or unnie; we promised that to each other remember?”

Krystal nods and then sniffles again, “I just thought it may be true, Oppa had been hanging around a lot lately.” She voiced her suspicions.

Victoria could hear the pout in her cousin’s voice, she chuckles, “He is around because of Nicky, remember what unnie said about Nicholas getting used to his family? That is all there is to it.”

Victoria caught Se Young looking at her at the rearview mirror with her brow lifted, she shrugged. Se Young visibly sighed.

Victoria felt Krystal hug her tighter, “I’m sorry, unnie. I’m sorry I was a brat earlier” she heard the shame from her cousin’s voice, “I really didn’t mean to be mean, I just got so mad.” Krystal buried her face in Victoria’s neck. “I’m sorry, unnie, you too Se Young-unnie.”

Se Young chuckles, “No harm done, princess.”

Victoria sighs, she could never stay angry with this girl, somehow Krystal knows how to melt her heart at will, she hugged her back, “It’s alright, just don’t do it again. You made me worry.” She turned Krystal to face her, “Next time, just tell me if something is bothering you. I will listen and answer all your questions and you have to promise that you will listen to me too. Deal?”

Krystal nodded and reached up to kiss Victoria on the cheek, “Sorry, unnie.”

Victoria smiles, “You’re forgiven.”

Suddenly Krystal looked very guilty. Victoria frowned, and then her eyes went wide, she gasps, “You did not!”

Krystal cringed and then hugged her even tighter, “I was mad, so I forwarded the article. Don’t worry I will call her and tell her that it’s not real!” she made a sad puppy look and pulled her face, “I’m sorry unnie, I will never to it again, next time I will ask you first.” She whined and hugged Victoria tighter, “Sorry, sorry, sorry!”

Victoria closed her eyes and prayed for patience, now she needs to explain to Miranda since her dear baby cousin, who was the family snitch, had forwarded the offending article. She suddenly opened her eyes and turned to Krystal, “Did you send it to my mom too?”

Krystal shook her head, “No, only to unnie.” She bites her lip, still looking guilty.

“Oh Krystal Faith!” Victoria groaned.

“Don’t worry unnie, I will explain to her, she is not going to get mad, she never gets mad. So she will listen.”

They both heard Se Young chuckle as she drives, “Just because Miranda-unnie doesn’t yell and scream doesn’t mean she doesn’t get mad.” She laughed out loud at the horrified expression of the two in the back seat.

 

Nichkhun waited with abated breath as the ball traveled to the pocket and sunk in with a resounding plunk. He pumped his fist and grinned widely at the other three around the pool table.

“Yes! We won!” Wooyoung whooped. He grinned at the other two after high-fiving Nichkhun, “So you guys are going to pick up the tab.”

Junho rolled his eyes, “Whatever.” he huffs, “This had been the first time in months that you two won anyway.”

Jun.K snickered, “Seems like our resident pretty boy got his groove back.” He smiles slyly at Nichkhun. “So when are we going to get introduced to the fair lady?”

Wooyoung chuckles, “If you guys had decided to have dinner with us last night for my birthday then you both could have met her, she baked me a phenomenal birthday cake.” He suddenly stopped smiling, “Scratch that, I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter