Her

My Finest Hour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Normally when you say bachelor, an image of a single man comes to mind. He could be young or he could also be what others might say, mature. He could be handsome and charming or he could just be the latter.

Now when you say Eligible Bachelor, the image is totally different, it conjures an almost dreamy aura, suddenly the single man is not just an ordinary man but he is now a “Prince”. Debonair and charming, smart and y and just in case you forgot, rich beyond your dreams. A prince that can grant your every wish and we happen to have them here in  Seoul! I have-“

Victoria rolled her eyes at the woman talking on TV, she stopped listening as pictures of the most eligible bachelors of Seoul was splashed one by one on the screen. “What is so great about them anyway?” she glared at the screen. She cringed and immediately changed the channel.

“Who are you talking to, Unnie?”

Victoria jumped at the sound of Sulli’s voice as the younger girl walked out of her bedroom with her luggage in hand.

Victoria frowned as she shook her head, “No one. It’s nothing, I was just commenting on the TV special. Are you ready?” she asked as she surveyed the room.

“Yes, I already called my brother; he is going to pick me up at the train station,” Sulli replied, she looked around and nodded when she was satisfied that she had packed everything for her weeklong trip home.

“Okay then, let’s go. It’s better to get there early than take a chance at traffic,” Victoria grabbed the suitcase and dragged it towards the door.

They both marched out of Sulli’s apartment, they talked while on the way down. Victoria was giving Sulli a ride to the station since her other friends are busy at the moment; they paused at a door on the second-floor landing. Victoria waited for Sulli outside the door while the other girl went in to retrieve her train ticket; she opened her hand when the younger girl gave her the set of keys after locking up.

“Are you sure, Unnie? I can do it when I get back, I have no problem with that,” Sulli asked her older friend.

“Don’t worry, I can still manage it. I promise I will only do it when I have the time. Just enjoy your vacation.” Victoria reassured her. She started walking down the stairs towards the street level.

“Alright then since you so insist, but just in case something happens, do not hesitate to call me,” Sulli reminded her as she trailed behind the older woman.

“I got it. Don’t you worry, I already told you.” She glared at the younger woman which earned her a cute giggle, “Get in the car.” She ordered while she stowed the suitcase in the boot of the car. Victoria walked around to the driver’s side and waited until Sulli was strapped in before she maneuvered the car into traffic.

“Please don’t forget to give the presents we got for your mom and dad’s anniversary. Tell them we are sorry we couldn’t make it but we’ll make it up to them next time.” Victoria reminded the girl beside her.

“Yes, I will tell them. I don’t know why you guys suddenly became so busy, last month everything was so slow.” Sulli pouted.

“I know, it’s just too bad.” Victoria agreed. “But this is how it is, hopefully, it will become steady that way we can plan things accordingly.”

After an almost thirty minute ride, they arrived at the train station. Victoria helped Sulli get settled in before she was satisfied to leave, Sulli gave her older friend a hug before she got into her assigned car, she waved her goodbye by the window and urged Victoria to leave so she doesn’t get ensnared in traffic. Victoria signaled that Sulli give her a call as soon as she arrived home and she nodded with a big smile on her face, she giggled as she blew Victoria a kiss to which the latter chuckled and retaliated with the same action.

 

The drive back was thankfully uneventful and Victoria saw that she had enough time before heading back to her shop so she stopped by Sulli’s building and made her way up to the second floor and walked into the already prepared space. The daycare center was almost finished it just needed a few items for the children but everything was done including the childproofing of all possible hazards.

Victoria marched behind the counter after she the lights, she the computer and started organizing all the programs that Sulli will need for when she finally start taking in children two weeks from now. Victoria broke into a satisfied smile the moment she finished adding all the applications that Sulli will need for registrations and background checks for the enrollees. The center will not be a regular daycare center. Her friend was operating the center along with her friend Na Eun who both graduated with a degree in developmental psychology, they wanted to start a business that will not only help out parents with looking after their children while they are off to work b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter