Cause

My Finest Hour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Ga-In rolls her eyes the moment she saw Tiffany walking toward her domain; she sighs and picks up the phone to tell her boss that the woman arrived.

“I’m here to see Nichkhun.” Tiffany tells Nichkhun’s assistant with authority in her voice.

“He is expecting you.” Ga-In says uninterestedly and went back to her computer. She saw the smile the woman pasted on her face before she disappeared behind her boss’s office door. “Two-faced bi*ch!” she mumbles under her breath, she glares at the now closed door.

 

Nichkhun looks up from the file he was reading when his office door opened to reveal a smiling Tiffany.

“Knock, knock!” Tiffany says cutely and giggles as she walks in.

“Hi there, Tiff.” Nichkhun greets back, he closed the file and stood up, “Ready for lunch?”

“Yes, I am! I am famished! You?” she asks.

Nichkhun nods distractedly, “Sure, let’s go.”

Tiffany frowns, “What about Victoria?” it annoyed her that the woman was going to be joining them but she already said yes so she is just going to make the most of it.

Nichkhun shakes his head slowly while checking something in his computer, “She can’t join us today, she had to take care of something urgent.” He clicked on something a few times.

Tiffany’s couldn’t believe her ears, she smile got brighter, she tames her face to look disappointed, “Oh really? That’s a shame.”

“Yeah, I know, she is really sorry, she said to tell you that she’ll make it up to you next time.” He says to her as he shrugs on his suit jacket. “Let’s go.” He walks briskly towards the door, Tiffany didn’t have a choice but to hurry behind him, he opens the door and gestures for her to walk out first. She smiles at him for thanks.

Nichkhun curtly nods at her and walks towards his assistant’s desk, he was extending a couple of files in his hand at Ga-In.

“I’ve made the necessary changes, have the team finalize everything and we can meet up in an hour.” He instructs her.

Ga-In nods as she takes the file and walks around her desk, she walks out with Nichkhun so Tiffany was forced to walk out with them, she was hoping she can start talking with Nichkhun but the two were still in discussion about work.

 

Ga-In stops by the elevators and presses the down button, “I already sent the samples you approved to the marketing team, I will give you a call as soon as they have the plans so you can look at them.”

Tiffany was hoping that the other woman leave but when the elevator doors opened she accompanied them in there too. Nichkhun pushed for the sixth floor before he punched the button for the basement parking lot, she kept the annoyance from surfacing on her face as the two still continued to talk. The doors opened for the sixth floor and Ga-in walks out after telling her boss that she will call him as soon as she got the plans.

They rode the elevator down to the main floor, “I hope you don’t mind, I don’t have a lot of time for lunch so I picked the restaurant a few blocks over,” He smiles, “I originally reserved a table at Armand’s, Victoria wanted to check it out since Ye-Seul noona is part-owner, but things suddenly turned hectic, she said we could go the next time.”

“I am fine anywhere; thank you for making time for me.” Tiffany graciously responded.

“It’s not a problem, Tiff. We’ll go out with the others next time.” He tells her. He leads her out the moment the doors opened; he kept his hand at the small of her back and guides her towards his car. He whips out his phone and pressed speed dial one.

 

He opens the passenger door for Tiffany, she gives him another of her bright smiles but he was not paying attention to her, he was smiling,

“Hi Love.” He says to the phone, “What are you doing?” he checks to make sure that Tiffany was in the car before he closed the passenger door.

Tiffany watched him walk around to get to the driver side, he was laughing as he got in; she smiles at him. He smiles back, “Tiff and I are on our way to lunch, are you sure I can’t tempt you to join us for an hour?” He checks around, he covers the phone with his hand, “Seatbelt.” He says to Tiffany, she nods and buckles it in. He chuckles as he starts the car, he was back talking to Victoria, “Remind me to tell you to stop working when we get married so I get to spend time with you all I want.”

Tiffany felt her ear twitched at what she just heard, she grits her teeth but continued smiling.

He laughs again, “I just wanted to make sure you remember, Babe. I will say it every day until you finally get sick of it and let me.” he listens for a while, the smile never leaving his face.

“Okay, are you sure you don’t want me to send food over?” he listens and suddenly laughs, “I know restaurants have food, I completely forgot you just told me your meeting is in a restaurant.” He chuckles, “You know your voice can make me forget everything.” He grins as he maneuvers the car out of its parking space, “Alright, I will get you back to your client. Don’t work too hard,” a pause, “yes I already told her and I will tell her again for you. I will pick up Nicky later so take your time at the shop; we’ll see you later, Bye, Babe." he pauses and smiles, "I Love you.” He hangs up and placed his phone on the console between them.

 

Tiffany saw that his wallpaper is a picture of Victoria and Nicholas cozily smiling up at the camera, she felt like it was mocking her before the screen out.

Nichkhun turns to her, “She wants me to apologize again for her absence, she was really looking forward for today.” He puts his attention back in front and expertly pulls the car out of the parking lot.

“Tell her it’s okay, there is always a next time.” She says sweetly.

“I told her that we should just postpone it for next time but she insisted that we go instead.” He chuckles, “She was frantic earlier when she phoned, I told her you won’t mind.”

Tiffany nods, she kept looking out the window, she didn’t trust herself to face him, the annoyance she was feeling was getting out of hand.

“She is really nice, isn’t she?” she says quietly. She turns just in time to see Nichkhun smile with pride.

“That she is.” He was looking ahead, “I met her because of Nicholas.” He smiles at the memory, “I am indebted to my nephew for the rest of my life, on the day that I thought everything was going to go wrong,” he paused to look at her briefly, “she turned it around for me. After meeting her, everything turned out right. Perfect.” He smiles at her, “Just perfect.” He sighs contentedly and focused back on driving.

Tiffany wanted to scream out loud, she wanted to tear out her hair. She was seething inside, how dare he talks about her in her presence, she was right next to him but his mind was on somebody else. She takes a calming breath,

“That’s great!” she reached and pats his hand, “I am so happy for you.” She felt like biting her tongue in two for the words she just said.

He smiles at her graciously, “Thank you, Tiff. It means a lot coming from you.”

She changed the subject right away; she was sick to the core at hearing about Victoria and how happy he was with her. It enraged her that he keeps calling her nick-names, he never called her anything but, ‘Tiff’. He was supposed to be happy only with her, didn’t he say that before? She’s had enough, she engaged him in talking about his family, she asks him how they were, and she was relieve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter