Always Wanted

My Finest Hour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Nichkhun! Earth to Nichkhun!”

Nichkhun blinked, Victoria was now looking at him with an annoyed expression, “Well? Do you like this one?” she shook the tiny green pajamas in front of his eyes. He sighs inwardly, he wants to tell her right now what he feels towards her but he is terrified that she will reject him and end up without a chance with her, the scene that played in his mind was perfect and he wants to enact it right now. Not yet, he decided, he needs to wait and make sure that she will take him, he unknowingly shook his head.

Victoria frowns; “No?” she turns the garment to inspect it closely, “Is it too busy? I think it’s cute.” She moves to stand next to Nichkhun and shows it to Nicholas, “What do you think, my love? Should we get this?” She smiles when Nicholas coos happily. “We are taking this then.” She said with finality.

Victoria placed the garment in the pile of clothes she picked out with Ye Seul. She turns to Nichkhun, “Are you okay? You have been spacing out; I told you I can handle this. You must be tired.” She was looking at him closely with a concerned look in her face; “Why don’t you go on home, I can manage this.” she tries to convince him to leave.

Nichkhun chuckles, “No, I am not tired, I’m fine. I just suddenly thought of something.” He takes hold of the stroller and starts to push it, “What else do we need for Nicky?” he saw the pile of neatly folded baby clothes in the basket of the stroller.

“We already got shirts for him and I just need a few more of these pajamas and then a few jumpers maybe for when he is at the daycare center and he needs a few pairs of shoes,” she points at the one the baby is wearing, “This is the only pair that fits him right now.” she smiles at the baby, “He is growing up so fast! I can’t believe it.”

Nichkhun laughs, “Babies tend to do that, Babe.” He grins at the sharp look she gave him.

“Would you please let that go already! It was my temper getting the best of me, and just now I was horrified that I had to pretend to Ye Seul-unnie.” Her eyes went wide, “Oh my gosh, I just deceived a new friend!” she smacks his arms sharply; it annoyed her when he just grinned.

They both looked down when Nicholas laughed out loud, Nichkhun chuckles, “Babe, you have to be careful, Nicky is always watching.”

Victoria glares at him, “What I don’t understand is why you wouldn’t do something about that article? Now look what happened, we had to pretend in front of your client and his wife, who happens to be wonderful people. I feel so awful.” She tugs at his arm, “Will you please stop grinning and answer me.” She was almost whining at the end, a pout slowly forming on her lips.

Nichkhun couldn’t stop grinning even he tried, he is very tempted to kiss that pout off her lips, to distract his raging emotions he takes her hand and guides her towards another part of the department where baby’s shoes were on display. “We can’t do anything about it anymore, as far as they know we are together and now I have no intention of correcting anything the article said. You were the one responsible for all this so it up!”

Victoria whirls around and stops him from going any farther, she steps closer and points at his chest, “I told you I was going to fix it but you said that you were going to take care of it!” she hissed, “I told you I could undo it.”

“I didn’t know Mr. Joo’s wife read such things, so far she has been the only one who actually said anything about it, and I didn’t think it was a good idea to feed smoking kindling any more fuel.” Nichkhun explains to her, he takes hold of the hand that was poking him and before she could act kissed it and then used it to turn her around, “Now let’s not talk about it anymore and get Nicky shoes instead.” He was half guiding her and half pushing her. He chuckles when he hears her muttering to herself beside him.

“Babe, come on, let’s not spoil this shopping spree. I thought you women like to do these things, some kind of a stress reliever.” He smiles at her.

Victoria snorts, “I hate shopping, and the only time I shop is when I need something or when I have to buy somebody a present. I can’t stand walking all over the place; I get overwhelmed by the choices.”

Nichkhun stops and pulls her closer, “Now hold on just a minute!” he looks at her disbelievingly, “You mean to tell me you do not like shopping?!”

Victoria rolls her eyes, “Why are you so surprised? We are not all the same, I for one likes to shop online, Krystal usually buys stuff for me, ones that I need and the ones that I don’t know what they’re for, she just tells me I need them.”

Nichkhun rakes his eyes on her from head to foot.

Victoria saw the action, she unconsciously crossed her arms in her chest.

“Is that why you always wear black?” he was curious.

“I don’t always wear black!” she defends herself.

“Dark colors, I have never seen you in something feminine,” he suddenly remembers something and grins, “Never mind, I did see you in something pastel colored.” He laughs when her jaw dropped.

“You are just unbelievable!” she hissed at him.

Nichkhun laughs and starts to guide her towards the shoes section, Victoria suddenly smiles and walks hurriedly towards the display.

“Would you look at these? Aren’t these just the cutest thing?” she gushed at a tiny pair of dark blue sneakers. Nichkhun went to her side and was also in awe.

“I had no idea they also make them these small.” He was inspecting a pair of red ones; he shows them to Nicholas, “I have the same pair like these, Bud. Do you want these?” he turns to Victoria, “What is his favorite color?”

Victoria giggles, “I don’t think he has a favorite color yet, he is forced to wear the things we buy him.” She picks up the dark blue pair, “Let’s make him decide.” She said with amusement.

Nichkhun grins at the challenge, “Okay the one he chooses wins and gets a wish granted without complaints.”

Victoria looks at him suspiciously, “I don’t know,”

“Come on, Babe. You get to ask for anything if you win and I will do it.” He entices her.

She smiles, “Anything?”

Nichkhun nods.

“Okay.” Victoria nods and turns to Nicholas, “Okay, my love. Which one do you prefer, this one,” she shakes the dark blue pair in her hand.

“Or this one.” Nichkhun shows him the red pair.

Nicholas was staring at the shoes; he was turning his head left to right. Nichkhun leans back and made a face just as he shakes the pair in his hand again and Nicholas giggles.

“He picked my pair!” he says triumphantly, he grins at the defeated woman by his side that was looking at him with brows knitted together.

“You did something that made him laugh!” she accused him.

“No, I didn’t. I won fair and square.” He said to her firmly. He picks up the baby, “We’re going to have couple shoes, buddy! Are you excited?!” the baby giggles and that made Victoria smile.

 

They browsed for a few more pairs and were deciding on the colors, Nichkhun wanted to get all of them but Victoria reminded him that Nicholas is going to outgrow them soon enough.

“We’ll just get him new ones, these will only last him a month or two.” she tells him.

Nichkhun was still torn, “Then we will buy him new ones, but don’t you think he will like to have these?”

Victoria shakes her head, a smile on her face, “I know you are the one interested in getting these for him but he will not use these until he starts walking.” He was still trying to get his way so Victoria allows him one pair. He smiles sweetly and danced around with the baby making Victoria laugh.

 

“Khun!”

Nichkhun looks around and when he saw the owner of the voice, smiles and nods, “Hi Tiffany.” He looks at Victoria and saw her take a deep breath before turning around with a smile.

“Oh Victoria! How wonderful it is to see you again!” Tiffany said sweetly.

“Hi Tiffany.” Victoria pasted a smile in her face after greeting her back

Tiffany was looking at the baby as she approached, her smile faltered when she was close enough. “What a cute little baby!” she looks up at Nichkhun, she looked like she was having trouble breathing, “Is he, I mean, how old is he?” she asks.

Nichkhun was unsure so he turns to Victoria, “He is seven months old? Is that right, Babe?” Just then Nicholas lunged for Victoria, she immediately takes him in her arms, she nods, “Yes he is, almost seven and a half.” She smiles at the baby and pats his back when he buried his face in her neck.

Tiffany was watching them with an awkward smile, “Is that right.” She said absently, she almost flinched when Nicholas suddenly moves and looks at her.

“How have yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter