Damage

My Finest Hour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

If there was something Nichkhun find irritating right now; it’s the obvious display of power and Tiffany’s family revel in it. He was told to pick up his “fiancée” so that they arrive at the party together, it was all for show. Nichkhun’s nostrils flared in annoyance, he couldn’t believe her family is playing him like a puppet, all the more reason for him to hate her. He realized that he still doesn’t have his phone so he couldn’t call Tiffany to tell her he was on her way, not that he wanted to anyway.

 

His mind went back to his condo, he was destroyed after he heard her cry and beg him to choose her, he left abruptly in his fear that she may be dragged into the chaos Tiffany’s father had been threatening him that he will do to Victoria if he finds out he was still seeing her. He had gritted his teeth the day he finally agreed to marry Tiffany and in return, Max Hwang had stopped the frenzy in the company like he promised but he also demanded that he stay away from Victoria or else he was going to involve her family in all the mess. There was really nothing her could do anyway because Victoria already asked Nichkhun to stay away from her.

Her sudden visit to his home was the chink in his armor though, his control slipped the moment he saw her, although now he is regretting it. Nichkhun rubs his face roughly in frustration, in his desperation he’d asked her to be his mistress and after he realized what he just said he saw how pathetic he had become on top of being a selfish monster. He screams in the injustice of it all and slaps the steering wheel in anger. He had to get out of there before he ends up hurting her more.

 

As he drove towards the Hwang’s mansion all that was keeping him from slamming his car into a post was the urgent need to hurt the woman who had done all of this to him, he needs to be alive to make both their lives miserable. Him, for being a gullible moron and her, for being the monster that she is.

At the gate he ignores the uniformed guard who had no choice but to let him in, at the front door he coldly asks the housekeeper where Tiffany and he was informed that the young mistress was in her room preparing for the party. He was told to wait in the receiving room but he ignores her and proceeded for the stairs. The housekeeper couldn’t do anything and even stayed back when he waved her away, he is going to be the next master of the house, she knows her place.

As Nichkhun nears Tiffany’s room he compelled himself to calm down so he doesn’t physically hurt her, he paused and was just about to knock when he heard voices from within, he recognized them as Tiffany’s and her bestfriend Taeyeon. The door was already slightly ajar, curiosity made him open it an inch more; he stood there as he listened to Tiffany brag to her friend. His face blanched at what he heard and in a moment his hands formed into fists but he had to listen to it all.

 

He struggled to control his breathing and calm down but his chest was raging with so much loathing he was certain that if he doesn’t move away from the door he is going to commit a crime, after making sure that he got all he needed, he turns in his heel and walks into a guestroom and heads for the bathroom. He splashed cold water in his face and looked up at the mirror; he wasn’t surprised to see fury in his eyes. He stares at himself for a while before suddenly breaking into a humorless laugh, he laughed at himself and shook his head in disbelief, as he calms down into chuckles he picks up a hand towel and pats his face dry. He straightens his tux and nods at his reflection.

He just found a way to exact his revenge, he is not going to spare her, not this time. He picks up the phone inside the guest room and dials Wooyoung’s number, they spoke briefly asking his bestfriend for some favors and then he calls his assistant and gave her instructions. With an evil grin and a spring on his step, he retraced his way back to Tiffany’s room and knocked. He steps back and patiently waited, he announced himself and in a moment the door was opened by a smiling Taeyeon. 

 

 

 

Tiffany was twirling around in her robe while she tried to pick the outfit for her engagement party; she was not really interested in arriving on time since it is always her preference to make other people wait for her.

“Will you please just choose?!”

She turns her head and smirks at her exasperated bestfriend, Taeyeon was already in her evening gown and made up and was glaring at her as she perched on her couch.

Tiffany cutely pouts at her, “But I can’t decide.” She turns back on the full length mirror and holds up a pink confection up against her and then switches it with a beige feathery one.

Taeyeon snorts, “You shouldn’t wear those colors; those are only fit for s.” She says with a smirk and looks back down at the magazine in her lap.

“Shut up! I happen to be a demure, sweet tempered bride-to-be; I have to dress the part.” She lifts her brows but bursts into giggles when her friend made a face.

“Ha! Demure and sweet tempered! Give me a break Tiffany, just hurry up and get dressed, Nichkhun will be here soon, you know he hates your guts right now, don’t irritate him anymore by making him wait.” She warns her stubborn spoiled brat of a friend.

“He just hates me now because I made him dump his plain looking girlfriend, one day he is going to thank me for rescuing him from that hag.” Tiffany says dismissively while trying to decide which jewelry she’s going to use, she smiles and picks up a diamond necklace and tried it around her neck, “He is going to realize that we belong together.”

Taeyeon couldn’t help looking at her in disgust, “You and your family is forcing him to marry you because you are pregnant and your father threatened to destroy his parent’s company.” She almost snarls, “You better pray that the baby is indeed Nichkhun’s or you will suffer his wrath.” She points at her with narrowed eyes.

Tiffany rolls her eyes at her and shrugs her shoulders, “I don’t have to worry about that, I am not pregnant anymore.” She says uncaringly.

“What?!”

Tiffany’s cringed at the pitch of Taeyeon’s screech, “Yikes! Don’t yell!” she shuddered.

 

Taeyeon couldn’t believe how unaffected Tiffany was, she marched towards her, “What do you mean you are not pregnant anymore!?” she hissed angrily, ‘What have you done?”

Tiffany shrugs again, “I got rid of it.” She looks up from inspecting her nails, she saw the disbelief and horror in her bestfriend’s face, and she sighs in annoyance,

“Oh come on!” she turns around to face her, “It’s never a secret that I hate children, I couldn’t stand it if I get disfigured just because of a baby!” she said the last word with obvious disgust, she shuddered and closed her eyes as if ridding herself of a vision on her being pregnant. She turns back on her dressing table and picks up her lip liner and starts to apply color in her lips, she looks up to see her friend looking at her with a terrified expression in her face.

“You killed your own baby?” there was no way Taeyeon could hide the accusing tone in her voice, “Tiff, how could you do that?” she says as she backs away.

Tiffany whirls around in her seat, “So what!” she throws her hands up in defeat, she rolls her eyes, “I had to anyway, it was the only way to avoid getting in trouble later. It wasn’t Nichkhun’s in the first place, I know they are going t demand a DNA test, so problem solved.” She was looking at Taeyeon patiently, like she can’t believe she had to explain everything.

“How can you be so sure it wasn’t Nichkhun’s baby? Tiff, how can you do this to him?!” Taeyeon already collapsed on the couch.

“Oh my gosh! Do I really have to tell you everything? Fine!” Tiffany rolls her eyes again and squares her shoulders, “He didn’t really touch me in the first place, he passed out after kissing me, that stupid drug worked right away, and I had to drag him to his bed to make it look like we did it.” She sighs when her friend just stares at her, “I thought he was going to dump that bi*ch and get back with me after that night but he didn’t.” she sighs again and twisted her lips, “So I had to do this, after I got my pregnancy test back and sonogram I got rid of it. It was making me sick, I was throwing up and was always tired and I was booked a lot of jobs, it was the only way!”

“Whose baby was it then?” Taeyeon couldn’t help but ask weakly.

Tiffany didn’t even flinch, “A photographer in H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter