That Woman

My Finest Hour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Nichkhun looks up at his assistant as she walks in, “I have your mother on the line. Are you still avoiding the calls from them?”

GaIn already knew the answer but she needed to ask him still.

“Yes.” Nichkhun says uninterestedly, “Take a message, whatever, I don’t care.” He went back to work and ignored her.

 

Gain can’t help but shake her head, she walks out of his office and prepared an excuse for her boss. She had been instructed to block all calls from his family and especially from Tiffany, the only calls that he would take are the ones from the clients, his staff and of course, Victoria. She takes a deep breath and pasted a smile on her face before picking up the receiver and talked to her boss’ mother.

 

Just as the door of his office closed shut, Nichkhun glares at his phone darkly, it was now ringing and his brother’s name was on the caller ID. His family had been on his case since that woman showed up at their parent’s home. His mother had called an impromptu meeting in their dining room after Tiffany left, his brother was summoned and they talked to him about the possibility of him being a father to the baby Tiffany’s carrying.

He needed to tell them everything, from the time she first showed herself during Wooyoung’s birthday and the incidents that followed after that. He was thoroughly ashamed when he told them about Tokyo and how he handled his confession and how Victoria forgave him of his possible indiscretion and then the events the happened in his office that afternoon.

His mother got worried when she heard of Victoria’s collapse, which prompted her scolding him in length.

“Oh, Khun, how could you do this to her?! Didn’t I remind you to be certain of your feeling before you got her involved?” she hid her face in her hands and shook her head, “My poor dear,” she looks at her son sternly, “How could you be so careless?!”

“I am certain of my feelings for her, Mom! I was telling you the truth when I said that I chose her, that I love her!” he sighs in frustration, “I never thought that Tiffany was going to do all this! I may have loved her before but that is exactly it, she is my past, one that I have already moved on from. A fact I never concealed from Victoria and she accepted it. She was even willing to be friends with Tiffany for me.” He shakes his head, “I thought Tiffany wanted to be friends with me and Victoria, I thought she already accepted the fact that I am happy, she even told me so!” he slams his hand on the table in anger.

 

“Calm down, Buck.” Nichan reached out and rubbed his younger brother’s shoulder, “We’ll find a way to fix this, but you have to calm down, getting angry might just aggravate the situation.” He sighs and looks at his parents, “You have to understand where he’s coming from; he stands to lose everything.” He sighs again, “I should know, I messed up once and I am still paying for it dearly.” He quietly says.

 

Vera’s eyes softened, she can’t stand looking at her children like this, but she has to do the right thing.

“Alright then, then tell us what you have in mind, Khun. This is just so surprising for me and your father. One minute you are happy with Victoria and the next you are in this mess, but you can’t just disregard an innocent child.” She looks at Nichkhun sadly. “Honestly, darling I don’t know how we can help you with this.”

 

Nichkhun shakes his head at his mother, “I already decided, if that baby is mine then I will be its father, but I am not leaving Victoria. I am going to marry the woman that I love and live happily with her. That is what I want, Mom, what I need.”

He looks at his father who had been quiet all this time, “I’m sorry Dad, but I can’t pass up my happiness this time, I know I’ve disappointed you all, but I just can’t.” he hung his head for a moment and then lifted it up to face them, “I am ready to take your punishment, but I will not give her up. Never.”

 

“It’s alright, son.” John finally speaks up. He smiles weakly at Nichkhun.

“Dad!” Vera was taken aback by her husband’s stand in all of it.

John pats his wife’s hand and looks at his youngest son, “Nobody here wants you to be unhappy, and to be honest I don’t think a mistake has to be covered up with another mistake, it won’t work and will just make everybody miserable.”

“John, you can’t be serious?!” Vera exclaims.

Johns shakes his head at her, “You have to understand, we no longer live in the middle ages, and besides would you rather have your son suffer through a marriage that is based on deceit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter