Made Up

My Finest Hour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“I am having breakfast with Noona.” Nichkhun says to the phone with a smile, he looks up just in time to see his assistant seated across him smirk. He is talking to his girlfriend like he always does every morning. They were at the hotel’s dining room.

“Babe, it’s positively boring. It was a miracle that I didn’t fall asleep yesterday while people droned on and on praising themselves non-stop. I am thinking of abandoning this silly conference and coming home.”  He had already told her last night what happened during the first day of the conference on a video call; he kept her on the phone until she had to beg off after yawning repeatedly, he lets her go to sleep after promising to call early the next day.

The moment Ga-In stood up, muttering about getting more coffee, he bends his head down, “I miss you terribly, Love. So much.” He grins at her laugh.

“I miss you too. You’ve already been away two days, just think, you only have two more to go and you are back with us here.”

He hears his nephew cooing excitedly in the background, “How is everybody today?” he had only been away for two days and it has been very difficult for him, he is not used to not seeing her every morning and not having a fun conversation around the table with Krystal or playing with Nicholas, he was slightly upset earlier when he saw the morning paper, he was half expecting the younger cousin to appear, sit down and read the paper for him. He decides that next time he is on a business trip he is taking all of them with him, the shop can close and Krystal can miss school once in a while.

“Everyone is fine, we just finished with breakfast. Unnie will be driving Krystal to school while I take Nicky to daycare before driving to the shop. They also miss you.”

“Why couldn’t you come with me?!” he whines, “Miranda already offered to look after the shop for you and we could have taken Nicholas with us.” He sighs his annoyance; her laughter reached his ears and soothed his bad mood away instantly.

He chuckles, “I can’t wait to get home, I can’t wait to kiss you and hold you all night.”

He lowered his voice when Ga-In sat back on her seat; she rolls her eyes at him and shakes her head as she reads the morning paper.

“I am counting the hours until you come back.” She tells him sweetly, “but Babe, I have to go, I still have to dress up Nicholas and prepare his bag, call me after your morning session?”

He sighs, “Oh alright, they invited me to play a round of golf later and then later tonight they are hosting a dinner for us. I will call you around noon.”

“Okay, you and Ga-In-unnie have fun today. Tell her I said hi.”

He nods, “I will tell her you said hi,” he said aloud for his assistant’s benefit.

 Ga-In smiles, “Tell her I said hi too!” she says out loud enough for the other line to hear, she giggles.

Nichkhun laughs, “Did you hear that, Love?” he heard her y laugh one again.

“I did! Talk to you later. Love you so much!”

“Love you too, later, Babe.” He hangs up with a huge smile on his face.

Ga-In smirks at the look on his face, “I never dreamed I will ever get to see you like this.” She clicks her tongue, “Victoria is really amazing; she made you into a gooey mushy mess.” She laughs at his frown, “Admit it Mr. Horvejkul, you are thoroughly whipped!” she laughs with glee, “Lucky for you I like her very much.”

They were teasing each other lightly when Ga-In’s face suddenly turned dark.

“I can’t believe my eyes!” says a female voice.

Nichkhun turns around in his chair at the sound of the familiar voice. “Tiffany?”

 

“Good morning, Khun!” Tiffany smiles brightly.

“Good morning, what are you doing here?” Nichkhun asks.

“I am staying here.” Tiffany tells him, “May I?” she points at the vacant chair on his right.

He nods and clears the space on the table, he takes his phone and his tablet aside, “Sure, have a seat.” He says hurriedly.

“Thanks!” she beams at him, “I have a photo shoot nearby and they’ve booked me a room here for a couple of days, I arrived the other day. Have you had breakfast yet?” she asks.

“Obviously.” Ga-In states coldly and points to the near empty plates, she had leaned back on her chair, closely observing the two talk. Nichkhun sent her a warning look, she ignores it.

Tiffany giggles cutely, “Sorry, I just woke up, I think I am still half asleep.”

 

Ga-In narrows her eyes. Just woke up my ! She snarls under her breath, the woman was already made up and her hair was already perfectly coiffed, she bets she had been up since dawn making her face up. She made herself comfortable in her seat; no way in hell is she leaving her boss’ side while the witch was around. She picks up the paper again and continued to solve the crossword puzzle.

 

 

Tiffany was getting annoyed that his assistant was not leaving them alone; she can’t believe he allows the help to sit with him during a meal. She was sending the woman covert looks but it was to no avail, the assistant doesn’t seem to care that she was having a conversation with Nichkhun. She turns her full attention at him, he was telling her why they were here.

“Do you have plans for dinner later?” she ignores the annoying woman and asks Nichkhun.

He nods as he takes a sip from his coffee cup, “Yes, they are hosting a dinner for us. Why?” he asks while putting the cup down.

She shakes her head, her smile still on her face, “Oh nothing in particular, it’s just I have the night off tonight before we fly to Hong Kong in the morning. I was hoping we could have dinner together.”

“Oh really?” Nichkhun paused to think, “You are welcome to join us. I’m sure I can add you into our table, I heard Mr. Watkins was meting his daughter tonig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter