Obvious

My Finest Hour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“What’s up with you?”

Nichkhun snapped up at the question, he smiles at his childhood friend, “Nothing.” He shrugged.

“Nothing my !” Wooyoung exclaims.

Nichkhun chuckles and turns his attention back on his paperwork. A smile lingering on his lips, he was not surprised Wooyoung noticed the change in him, he and his friend practically grew up together and were inseparable since primary school, he knows him like the back of his hand and vice versa.

“Look man, I’m just saying. I haven’t seen you like this in a long time, so I figured something is up with you.” Wooyoung said matter-of-factly, he was sprawled on the seat across from Nichkhun in the conference room. “Spill it!” he narrows his eyes at his friend, “It’s a girl, isn’t it?!”

When Nichkhun ignored him he jumps up and slaps the table top, “Ha! I knew it!” a satisfied smirk splayed across his face. He thumps the table one more time before sitting back down and dragging the chair closer the table, “So, when do I get to meet her?” he asks excitedly.

Nichkhun laughs as he eyes up at his friend, “Not just yet, I am still trying to get her to notice me.”

“WHAT!” Wooyoung couldn’t believe what he just heard.

“Keep it down! Are you trying to embarrass me?!” Nichkhun checked to make sure no one heard Wooyoung’s outburst through the glass walls of the conference room.

Wooyoung was sniggering, “What do you mean she is still to notice you? Are you kidding me?!” he throws his arms up and then thumps both his hands on the table, “I can’t believe it! Somebody is actually resistant of your charms! MANSE!” he throws his arms back up and laughs, “Are you serious? Now I am really curious and would very much want to meet her, she must be one of those belonging to a rare breed of females!” he claps his hands throwing his friend a very satisfied look, “I think I want to see this happen, I am going to look forward to this.” he nods and grins at Nichkhun.

Nichkhun threw him an annoyed look and took one of the papers littering his side of the table and crumbled it and threw it at him. “Ha ha ha! Very funny!” he said with a frown.

Wooyoung smiles and then sighs before he sits back down, a permanent teasing grin on his face. “Relax man, I am just happy, that’s all!” he picks up the balled up paper and smoothed it out and peers into it before he puts it down and faced Nichkhun, “But seriously, I am happy for you. You deserve this; it has been a while after all. I’m glad you’ve finally moved on from “her”, Se Young has been worrying about you. Now I can finally tell my girlfriend that she needs to give me all her attention now that you are okay.” He smiles, “You are okay, right?”

Nichkhun smiles at his bestfriend, he paused and thought for a moment and then the smile is back on his lips, “Yes, I am. I can honestly say that I am okay, heck, I am happy.”

“That’s the spirit!” Wooyoung extends his arm and waited for Nichkhun to complete the high five. Both men grinned at each other.

Wooyoung nods and chuckles, he heaves a deep sigh, “What did I tell you, everything works out for the better. I knew things will fall into place, now you finally have someone that makes you happy,” he smirks, “even if she still needs convincing to take you, or even look at you.” He laughed out loud when Nichkhun frowned at him, “Seriously man, I am happy for you.” He said sincerely, “Tell me when you finally get her agree to go out with you and I will get Se Young to do a double date, it will be exciting!” he said with excitement on his voice. “What’s her name?”

Nichkhun smiles, “Victoria.”

 

 

Victoria was in the middle of doing inventory in her shop, she was just finished checking the stock room and was just about to go the her office to get the other checklist for the kitchen when she was told by one of her staff that she was needed in the store front. She walks out expecting to meet with a client; she was surprised to see a delivery man with an impressive bouquet of red roses. He asked her to sign for it after confirming that she was the recipient. Her staff about the flowers, she smiles and orders them to get back to work, they did but not before another round of teasing, saying that she may have to open a flower shop at the rate of the deliveries that she is getting. She takes the flowers to her office and checks the card even if she had an inkling who they were from. She smiles at the name on the card; she picks up the phone and dials; she waited for the other line to pick up. At the click she waited,

“Well? How did I go this time?”

Victoria laughs, “Good. Thank you.”

She hears him laugh on the other line, “Do you like it?”

“Yes, I do like them.” she smiles, “But Nichkhun, you don’t need to send me flowers every day; I already told you that I didn’t mind looking after Nicholas.”

“I said that I heard you the first time, but I feel I needed to show you my appreciation since you declined my offer at a payment for your time.”

She could hear the amusement in his voice. It has been a week already since she took Nicholas home; although the baby spends the day with Sulli at the daycare and he gets to spend time with his dad before and after Nichan goes to work at the daycare center, he still stays with her at home.

“Are you doing this to pay for your breakfast and dinners too?” Victoria asks him teasingly. Nichkhun had been a permanent fixture at her house, he gets there early to help with Nicholas in the morning and drives them to the daycare and drop her off to her shop after. He is also the one who picks up the baby at the center before he comes and gets her at the shop so they get home together.

“Ah, you caught me!” laughter was in his voice as he plays along with her.

“Then you may have to start sending some of them to Krystal too, remember she helps me with Nicky.” Victoria challenges him.

“Don’t worry I got it covered, you wait later at dinner; I have something for the princess.”

Victoria laughs, “It better be great; you know she is hard to please.”

“Leave it to me, I told you I got it!”

“Okay, genius. I have to go; I have a ton more to do here. I will see you later.”

“Alright, don’t work too hard. See you later.”

Victoria rolls her eyes, “Yes, yes, bye.”

“Bye.”

Victoria shakes her head as she hangs up, she picks up the bouquet and went to look for a vase of some sort, she found a clean empty bucket that was previously that housed baking chocolate and placed her flowers in it after putting in enough water, she placed it next to the flowers she got yesterday, the others were already taken home and were in the living room.

“He needs to stop sending these, people might start speculating.” She says to no one in particular, she smiles at the flowers, “Well, I will leave you here to radiate your beauty while I take care of business.” She gives it a final nod and marched out of her office with her clipboard making the kitchen her destination.

 

Nichkhun smiles at the phone.

“You know that thing is going to fall madly in love with you with the look you’re giving it.” GaIn was leaning on the door to her boss’s office, she had a smile on her face and her eyes are teasing. She pushes herself off and walks to his table with files on her hand.

Nichkhun chuckles after giving her an I-don’t-know-what-you’re-talking-about look.

“Is she still not getting it?” his assistant asks him with a smile.

He sighs, “No, she still thinks I am just thanking her for taking Nicholas.” He shakes his head, “I don’t know what is her deal, I have been giving her subtle hints and she still seems oblivious.” He complained.

GaIn laughs, “I don’t know if I should pity you or applaud her!”

“Noona!”

“I am just being frank; you have to admit that she is really something! I haven’t seen you like this before, so~” she frowns she was trying to find the word, “So earnest! Yes that’s it!” she snaps her fingers. “You have always made

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter