Yours First, Mine Now

My Finest Hour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Nichkhun blindly sought for the for the woman who fell asleep next to him last night, he finally opens his eyes and saw that she was no longer next to him. He lifts his head up to look around her bedroom, the crib was also empty, he looks at the clock and it read seven o’clock, he overslept. He sighs, she’s already up and he could bet she is already in the kitchen feeding the baby. He suddenly remembers that his nephew is having a hard time with teething. He decided he might as well get up and join them.

 

He found them in the kitchen just as he guessed; Krystal, already dressed for school, was already reading the morning paper while she stirs her coffee distractedly. Nicholas was quiet in his bouncer; he was not his usual happy self while his girlfriend was busy with something on the stove.

“Good morning!” he brightly greets everyone. He walks towards the kitchen table where the youngest two were located, he tickles Nicholas who gave him a small smile and kissed the baby cousin on the top of her head.

“’Morning, Oppa.” Krystal says, still focused on the paper.

Nichkhun took a glance at what she was reading, before he would have expected to see the lifestyle or the gossip columns, but he already knows that the girl was reading the headlines. He shakes his head with a smile, he shouldn’t be surprised, didn’t these cousins had already proved to him that they were not conventional?

He walks towards his busy girlfriend, “Good morning, Love.” He says to her as he wraps his arms around her and drops kisses on her exposed neck. She laughs and turns around in his arms; she lifts herself up on her toes and reached up to receive his kiss.

“I didn’t wake you earlier; you looked so tired from last night. Are you going off for your run?” she asks.

“No, I will skip that. I want to spend breakfast with my favorite gang.” He says teasingly.

She smiles, “Okay, you take a seat, everything is ready.”

He ignored her instructions and helped her bring the food to the table instead. They were all seated around the table and started conversations while eating. Krystal was giving them the rundown of what she just read in the paper including stock reports like she always does in the morning. Nichkhun was surprised the first time she did it, Miranda had to explain that when Krystal was still in high school she had volunteered to read the paper while her cousins make breakfast, she would read aloud back then, but as she got older she decided to read everything first and deliver a report as they eat, that kept the attention trained at her at all times.

 

After breakfast Victoria told them that she is staying home with Nicholas, she decided it will not be wise to send the baby to daycare today since he is uncomfortable, he may just end up being fussy.

Nichkhun nods his agreement, he promised to get home as soon as he finished up at work. Victoria and Nicholas sent him off to work since Krystal already left as soon as her classmates showed up in their car.

Victoria had Nicholas in her arms when she stood by the door and kissed her boyfriend like he wished she would. He was not used to this since he always leaves with her and the baby every morning. He turned back twice at the amusement of Victoria.

“You are going to be late!” she scolds him. She smiles against his lips, “Go!”

He laughs and pecks at her lips one last time, “See you two later.” He pats his nephew’s head and walks to his car, as soon as he was seated he turned and waved at the two standing by the doorway, Victoria was holding the baby up waving his tiny hand goodbye but Nicholas was not in the mood, he tucks himself in her neck. Victoria laughs and waves to the driver and looked on as the car left the driveway and disappeared into the street.

 

It was late in the afternoon when Nichkhun got a call from his father; he was being instructed to appear in a conference in Tokyo. He wanted to decline but he was reminded that he was the CEO now; he needs to reconnect with his father’s peers to keep the connections strong. His father had fostered friendships with other businessmen all over the globe and he was expected to keep the friendships espe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter