Rescue

My Finest Hour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

The bell rang signaling the arrival of the much awaited pizza, Krystal jumped up and turned to Nichkhun, “It’s here, Oppa!” she announced excitedly.

Nichkhun smiles and with a nod allowed the younger girl to drag him out of the kitchen to get the pizza. Victoria shook her head as she watched the pair, she turns to Se Young, “If unnie was here, she will never get away with that.” She declares.

Se Young chuckles, “If unnie was here, pizza wouldn’t be allowed for dinner at all.”

Victoria nods with a giggle, “She is only able to do all this because Nichkhun lets her, when in the first few days he started coming here, she wouldn’t even talk to him, and now look at her; she bosses him around and he just lets her!” she rolls her eyes at the two, earning her a laugh from Wooyoung.

The man shook his head, “he had always been a er when it comes to younger sisters,” he grinned at the women, “You guys should see how his younger sisters boss him around.” He sniggers, “he is a softie when it comes to them, so I imagine Krystal has the same effect on him. But he is also strict, the princess might not have experienced it yet, but he will watch her like a hawk.” He turns to Victoria, “Better tell your cousin to be prepared; he is not going to let her date until she turns thirty at the very least.” He points at Victoria, “Don’t say I didn’t warn you.”

Nichkhun and Krystal walked into a kitchen full of laughter. Nichkhun lifted his brow questioningly at Victoria only to see her grin at him and approach with the intent of helping him with the pizza boxes, as she reached for them he lifted them up out of reach with a smile, “What were you guys talking about?”

Victoria smiles after successfully swallowing back a giggle, “Nothing.” she shook her head and tried to reach for the boxes again, Nichkhun just let them hover above her head with an evil grin and steps closer, “We are not eating until you tell me.”

With teasing eyes Victoria leans closer and grabs hold of his shoulders and whispers, “We were just talking about how attractive you are and how charming you are, how brilliant and dashing,” she ended up giggling and was just about to step back when he caught her waist with a free hand and held her closer in an embrace and pressed his face in her hair, “And what else?” he whispered with an equally teasing voice.

“And we are hungry.” Krystal said sweetly, although a subtle coolness could be heard in her voice.

Nichkhun grinned at her and let go of her cousin, Victoria giggles, steps back and turns to walk towards the table but he caught her hand and held it firmly and lead her to the table. Wooyoung was shaking his head while busy opening packages of food, he gestures for the pizza, “Bring it over here Romeo, we are hungry. We can do all that later.” A smile already tugging on his lips, he gave his girlfriend a wink that sent her giggling.

 

Krystal was observing them quietly, what she just saw was her cousin in one of her teasing moods but she sensed that Nichkhun might be more than just teasing back. She narrowed her eyes at the smiling Thai man, she might like him because he is very nice to her and all and on top of that Aunty Vera has also been kind to them and has kept in touch by calling frequently not only to check on Nicholas but to look after her and Victoria too, they seem to have acquired a family and she was delighted but that is all she wants. The article had been alarming to her, when her classmates crowded around her asking about whether or not it was true that her cousin is the girlfriend of one of the most desirable bachelors in the country she was at loss, she stormed out and locked herself in her room until it was time to leave for the airport. She had never been impressed with the lifestyle of the rich and famous, she finds them shallow and cruel, ambitious and never content with what they have; they seem to crave the spotlight and most of all they all prance around like they are entitled to everything never mind if they trample on other people they deem lower than them. She encounters people like that all her life and she knows how to ignore them.

She, being the favorite of the family gets to have anything her heart wishes even before she asks and she admits to being thoroughly coddled and she wants all their attention directed only at her, but she could never act like she owns the world, her parents made sure of that by exposing her to the realities in society, Miranda and Victoria had taken her to volunteer in shelters and orphanages and that had opened her eyes even more so.

She likes the fact that they live normal lives, she can do things her other privileged peers couldn’t for fear of damaging the family name or reputation. She watched now at how Nichkhun was looking at Victoria, the article may have been caused by her cousin’s prank but the looks he is giving Victoria are certainly real, and he is one of them. Krystal went to sandwich herself in between her cousin and Nichkhun, that forced Victoria to move on to her seat instead. “I’m sitting here.” She declared.

 

Victoria chuckles at the sweet smile her cousin gave her, “Alright.” She takes a seat next to Se Young who was giving her a pointed look but she just shrugged. She gathers her cousin’s hair and fixed it in a ponytail. Krystal takes a bite of her pizza and smiles contentedly, “Thanks for the pizza, oppa.” She turns to Nichkhun with a sweet smile.

Nichkhun smiles back, “You’re welcome, princess. Just tell me what you want next time and that’s what we’ll have.”

Krystal smirks, “I want grilled meat tomorrow night.” She decided.

“Great!” Wooyoung exclaims, “I want a reservation.” The table erupted in laughter, that signaled for the conversation to start, Wooyoung bragged about their win in pocket ball, he made the girls laugh with stories about his week, when Krystal was asked how her trip went and the girl excitedly told them about how her group’s project was coming along, “Now all we have to do is finish the designs and then we fly back for the photo shoot. It’s so exciting, our professor promised that the best designs will be featured in a magazine!” she turns to Victoria, “I can’t wait for it to happen, oh unnie I really hope we get the top spot!”

Victoria chuckles “Don’t worry, as long as you work hard on it and never settle for less than perfect you and your team will have a chance.”

“I can help you with the photo shoot.” Se Young offered, “Tell me when and I will make myself available for you guys, you can even use the studio for test shots.”

Krystal was so thrilled she was speechless, she jumped up and went to Se Young and engulfed her with a hug.

Victoria beams at the happy pair, “Just give your unnie plenty of time, so you have to let her know ahead so she can work around her schedule.” She tells her excited cousin.

Krystal nods “Of course, I will show you our sketches, unnie.” She tells Se Young, “We have a timeline, I can show it all to you later.” She made Victoria move to her seat so she can talk to Se Young more comfortably, Victoria moved after lightly protesting and Se Young shrugged and indulged Krystal by agreeing with her.

Victoria felt an arm snake around her waist and her back pressed to a solid chest, “It really doesn’t take much to make her happy, does it?” Nichkhun whispers to her, she nods, she smiles at how Krystal got both Se Young and Wooyoung in a serious discussion, Wooyoung was putting in his two cents about fashion and that impressed Krystal.

Victoria giggles, “She just found eager ears

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter