Intentions

My Finest Hour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Nichkhun and Victoria both looked up when they heard the front door open and Krystal called out,

“I’m home!”

“We’re in here, sweetie.” Victoria calls back. She was in the midst of folding the baby’s clothes, she already washed them. After she put Nicholas to bed she decided to wash his new outfits. Nichkhun was seated next to her on the couch, watching TV.

“Hi, Oppa.” Krystal greets Nichkhun and walks to sit in between him and Victoria, she curls up and worms her way on to her cousin’s lap, Victoria smiles and stops folding a shirt to give her attention to her. Nichkhun chuckles and makes room for her.

“Are you tired? Did you eat already?” Victoria rubs her cousin’s back.

“Uh-huh, we went to a noodle place.” Krystal says, she had her eyes closed and snuggles closer, “I will be really glad as soon as we wrap up this project, my brain is about to explode with too much thinking!” she whines, she lifts her head up, “You went shopping?” she sits up and inspects the baby’s clothes that were folded on top of the coffee table.

Victoria nods, “I had to get Nicky some clothes, but I wasn’t able to get a lot though.” She sighs, “I need you to help me get the rest of them as soon as you have the time, I couldn’t decide when I was at the mall, I didn’t know they had so much stuff for babies, I even had Ye Seul-unnie help me already.”

Krystal frowns, ‘Who’s that?” she was holding up a baby blue onsie.

“She’s the wife of your Oppa’s client, Mr. Joo. She helped me pick out some outfits for Nicky.”

Krystal nods, “These are cute! What else did you get him?”

“A few shirts and these ones here, what are these called?” Victoria points at the articles, “and we also got him shoes.” She shows her the pairs she picked with Nichkhun.

Krystal nods, “Okay, I will try to get some more stuff for him tomorrow after school, I am free in the afternoon.” She sits on the coffee table and goes over the clothes.

“Call me as soon as you get there, Princess. I will have one of my staff help you.” Nichkhun says to her.

“No need, Oppa, I can do it.” Krystal says to him confidently.

“Alright, I will have them informed so they will be expecting you. Your unnie just about humiliated me when she insisted on paying for the clothes.” Nichkhun gave Victoria a knowing look.

“I didn’t think of getting them for free, I can afford things for Nicky, you know.” Victoria glares at him.

“I know that, Babe, it’s just that he is my nephew and my people know of that.” Nichkhun reached for her hand.

Krystal was looking at the two. “I have money too, Oppa.” She simply says, “I have lots, Miranda-unnie keeps giving me money even if I don’t need it. I like buying stuff for Nicky.”

“We are not going to argue about this, I will pay for all of the things my nephew needs.” Nichkhun said with finality.

Krystal shrugs, “Whatever.”

Nichkhun grins, he finally won over the two; it was his first time so he particularly felt great. He turned to Victoria when she gave him a nudge. They shared a look and he nodded. He clears his throat before he face Krystal, the young woman was still looking at the baby’s clothes.

“Princess, I have something to tell you.” He starts.

Krystal looks up, “Shoot.” She lifts her brows up and nods, looking at him expectantly.

Nichkhun takes a deep breath, “You know how much I appreciate how you and your Unnie are helping us with looking after Nicky, and I am going to be forever grateful and my family as well. You guys are also helping out with Rachel.” He pauses and saw Krystal nod. “So I want you to know that I will do anything for you and for your unnie.” He glances at Victoria, his girlfriend was silent and looked nervous; he reached for her hand and held it against his. He gave her a smile before he turns back at Krystal.

“I want you to know how much I care for you and your unnie and I will never do anything to harm any of you.” He takes a deep breath, “The reason I am talking to you now is because I would like to ask for your permission to date her.” he levels his eyes with the younger woman in front of him, “Is that okay, Princess?”

Krystal was staring at him and then her eyes moved to look at her cousin.

Victoria has never felt so uncomfortable in her life, she saw how her cousin look at her and Nichkhun alternately, she was just about to tell her to forget whatever she heard and that she was not going to go through with it when Krystal started to talk.

“You just decided to start this now?” she calmly asks.

Nichkhun nods, “Yes, I asked her earlier and she said that as long as you are okay with it,” he lets his statement hang.

Krystal tilted her head to the side, “Do you like her, like her? Like you know, maybe thinking of marrying her in the future? Not just liking her to date her for a while?”

Victoria was surprised with the questions, “Ah sweetheart we are not-”

“Yes.” Nichkhun interrupted her.

Victoria’s jaw dropped to the floor, and she saw that Krystal was basically ignoring her and was just looking at Nichkhun.

“Yes, princess, I like her in a way that I am thinking of our future together.” Nichkhun says to Krystal, “I like her and I intend to more than date her, if your unnie will give me a chance I would like to stay by her side for as long as I live. I am serious.”

“Nichkhun!” Victoria hissed, they hadn’t talked about this part. She was startled when Krystal leans back and continued to stare at them. “Sweetie,” she starts to say.

“You promise to be careful with her?” Krystal seem to be ignoring her, it’s like she is not even in the room.

“I promise.” Nichkhun says with sincerity.

“Okay.” Krystal simply says.

 

Victoria was speechless; she can’t believe she just heard her baby cousin agree. Didn’t they agree, although in not so many words, to stay clear of people like him? What happened to her territorial cousin? Where are the angry words and the feet stomping?

Nichkhun smiles widely. “Thank you, Princess. I promise I will take good care of your unnie.”

Krystal smiles, she suddenly shrugs, “It’s nothing. I knew this would happen sooner or later, you are both grown-ups, it’s not like I can stop you from seeing each other since you are always here, oppa.”

She smirks, “Se Young-unnie said that you are a nice guy and Wooyoung-oppa promised that you will take care of unnie and that you like her a lot. And besides it not like you are going to get married right away, and plus you already had a hard time getting her to admit that she likes you back including the fact that she is not the most sensitive person there is,” She laughs at the look of indignation in Victoria’s face, “I bet you had to do something drastic to get her attention.” She grinned at the surprised expression in Nichkhun.

Nichkhun chuckles.

“What are you talking about?!” Victoria exclaims.

Krystal snorted, “Oh come on unnie!” she then giggles, “Everybody saw how Oppa likes you, everyone knew, Amber-unnie, Luna-unnie even Sulli and Naeun knew, the people at the shop knew.” She smiles slyly, “I bet Miranda-unnie knows too! You were the only one oblivious, you believed that Oppa was only coming here and giving you flowers for taking care of Nicky!”

“Seriously?!” Victoria turns her head to look at her boyfriend; I guess she can call him that now since there was no objections from Krystal. That just leaves her older cousin.

Nichkhun chuckles, he wraps his arms around her, “Seriously. You are the most frustrating woman I know, my assistant was already making fun of me for all my efforts. I thought there was something seriously wrong with your comprehension.” He tucks her to his chest but she pushed him back and glared at him.

Krystal laughs, “

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter