Last Thing

My Finest Hour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Siwon trained his face, not to show the disappointment his eyes; he’d only mean to make his presence known to her and finally get to have the chance to be in her life again. He resisted the great urge to sigh in frustration earlier when she averted her eyes from looking at him. Now he has no other choice but to watch her be in someone else’s arms. They look so happy, she looks so happy. When she walked in the ballroom he understood why everyone was compelled to stare at her, but like always, she was oblivious to it all.

It had been five years, two months and sixteen days since he’d see her that last time, in all these times he’d forced himself to be satisfied with just knowing where she was and what she was up to. He’d keep tabs on what she was doing and who she was seeing. He was always delighted when they report back to him to say that she was still single and that it was always business when she was seen with someone else.

But this doctor was different; the way Miranda would smile up at him is making him nervous. He knows who he is although in the time that they were together he was not introduced to him due to the fact that the man was in a different continent. He is nervous; he didn’t see this one coming.

He had waited so long to prepare for when he is able to present himself again to her. Now that he is no longer vulnerable like before, now he is capable of protecting her from everyone and everything. Now he is ready to ask her to stay by his side for the rest of their lives. But does he still have a chance?

Siwon fought back the frown that threatened to show in his face when the man leaned down and kissed Miranda on the forehead, he almost hissed when she reached up to kiss him on the cheek. They looked to be having a great time on the dance floor. It did not escape his notice how comfortable they were at teasing each other earlier before his godmother and uncle approached them.

He can try, he thought to himself, that man can try but Miranda belongs to him, always have and always will. He did not wait this long just so he could fail. He won’t. He finally smiles; he won’t because she is already his.

 

 

 

Nichkhun scans the crowd the moment he steps into the packed bar, the place belongs to one of Junho’s friends. It’s one of the trendy ones on the block which was situated near a marina. Junho was throwing this party for his girlfriend. He approached the bar and asked where his friends were, the bartender told him they were upstairs in the private room.

Nichkhun made his way up, he knocked before he threw open the door. the room was enormous, but it was already filled with guests. He spotted his friends on the far corner, he slowly maneuvers himself amidst the sea of bodies, he sighs in relief as soon as he stopped in front of Jun.K.

“Whew! That was hard.” He grimaced but nodded his thanks when he was handed a beer.

“Where is Fei?” Wooyoung asks.

“I already dropped her off at her condo, she didn’t want to come, she said she has an appointment early tomorrow.” He was almost talking at the top of his lungs to compete with the music. His friends nodded at his explanation.  He turns his head around in search of the girls; he found them seated on the other corner. Hara was surrounded by her friends.

 

Nichkhun saw Victoria talking to Gyuri, Luna, and Amber while Se Young was helping Hara with her birthday presents, the birthday girl was gushing at the present she got from Sulli but Naeun was already waving her gift at her. They were giggling and talking while leaned towards each other. In his opinion the girls would have preferred to celebrate the occasion somewhere quiet and less crowded, they were already ignoring the guests Junho had invited but nobody was complaining, the food and drinks flowed and that was all that mattered.

He felt a tap on his shoulders, he turns to face Junho, “The boat is ready, it’ll be up to you how to get her to board.” Junho gave him a set of keys, “The fridge is stocked and you have enough fuel to last a few days. But the cottage is also ready if you decide to go there instead.”

“Now all we have to worry about is to make sure no one files a missing person’s report while she is gone with you,” Wooyoung says while looking at the females. “They are bound to get worried if she goes missing even for just an hour.”

Nichkhun nods, “Don’t worry, I’ll take care of it. Just help me take her out of here.”

Jun.K nods, “No problem,” he suddenly stops, “Wait? How are you going to get her to go with you?”

Nichkhun winced, “I have no other choice, she will refuse the moment I ask, so,”

Wooyoung looked alarmed, “Are you sure about that?”

Nichkhun nods, “There is no other way.”

“Well then good luck.” Junho pats his back.

 

After a while they all went to join the girls, Junho brought more drinks for them and handed them their refills.

Victoria smiles as she takes another strawberry daiquiri from Nichkhun. She made room for him by her side.

“Take it slowly,” he warns her, “This is your third one, you are not that great with alcohol.” He frowns when she made an annoyed look.

“Sheesh, I didn’t know I brought my dad to the party. Relax will you.” She rolls her eyes at him and sips her drink.

He sighs, “Don’t say I didn’t warn you.” He reached up and brushed her hair from her face.

She shakes her head at him and sighs, “Alright. I’ll pace myself. There, are you happy now?”

He grins, “Sure.”

 

Gyuri suddenly stands up and invited them to the dance floor, the men all gawked when every single one of them cheered and started to file out of the room. Jun.K jumps up and follows his girlfriend out. Nichkhun and Victoria laughs when Junho and Wooyoung did the same, they both followed since the other girls didn’t bring dates, Victoria wanted to make sure someone was keeping an eye on them and well, Nichkhun didn’t want her to go alone.

 

After a few songs, they all decided to go back up and continue with the party. A birthday cake from Victoria was brought out and the birthday girl made a wish before blowing out all twenty-five candles on her cake. They were all enjoying a slice when Victoria suddenly leans back and closed her eyes.

Nichkhun puts down his cake and takes her into his arms, “Are you okay?”

She still has her eyes closed, she winced. “I got dizzy all of a sudden.” She says in his neck.

He sighs, “I told you to ease up on the frozen drinks.” He frowns when she frowned up at him.

“Alright already, I’m sorry,” she glares at him, “Stop talking you’re making me dizzier.”

He chuckles and pulls her back to his chest and slowly rubs her back. He hears her sigh and she snuggles closer.

“Is she alright?” Se Young asks worriedly.

Nichkhun nods, “I think she’ had enough.”

Se Young nods with a smile, “Yup, she’s a lightweight,” she suddenly frowns, “But she’s barely had four of those frozen drinks, they’re not that strong.”

“I don’t think so; Hon. I think she’s had enough.”Wooyoung was looking at Victoria worriedly.

When Victoria went limp in Nichkhun’s arms, he quickly caught her head from falling back. “Okay, I think she’s really done here, I’ll take her home.”

“I’ll take her, Oppa.” Amber quickly volunteered.

Nichkhun sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter