Stay

My Finest Hour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Miranda had to fight back the urge to sigh out loud; she closed her eyes to keep from sounding irritated and grips the phone,

“No, Mama there’s no need for that, she’ll be fine. She just needs time to let out her grief.” Miranda hated this, the family is worried about Victoria; news had reached them of her cousin’s break up with Nichkhun.

It didn’t help that the media had announced the impending nuptials between Nichkhun and Tiffany two days after they broke up, a story had been put out about how the two had gotten back together and are finally getting married at the end of the month. The media frenzy was unbelievable. Miranda made sure that her cousin was left out of it; she had talked about it briefly with the Horvejkul matriarch and was assured that Victoria’s name was not dragged in.

“You should have helped them with the company crisis, my darling; you know you are capable of doing it. That could have spared Victoria with all the hurt.”

Miranda could hear the underlying disappointment in her mother’s voice, she couldn’t help letting out the sigh this time.

“I could, and would have but they didn’t ask for my help, did they? They only got harassed for a day and he couldn’t handle it and decided to let go of Victoria instead, and how do I know they will not use us again?”

“Miranda!” Olivia Park gasps.

Miranda grits her teeth, “Let’s drop this topic, I refuse to talk about them anymore. I have a ton to do here with the shop and I also have to worry about Victoria and Krystal. Do me a favor, Mama, stay out of this, let her handle it like she’s supposed to, you take care of yourself and Papa. If things don’t go well here, I’ll take everyone home and we can start fresh back there.”

Olivia knows that at the tone of her daughter’s voice she cannot win, she sighs, “Alright, you don’t have to get upset with me, I just wanted to make sure you and the girls are alright. Don’t be too hard on her and yourself, this is not your fault and neither is it Victoria’s.”

Miranda felt sorry instantly, “Sorry Mama, I didn’t mean to snap at you, I know you are just worried, we all are. I will take care of it.” She hears her mother sigh.

“I now, my love, you always have. You know your Aunties are grateful for what you’ve done for their girls and I couldn’t be any more proud.”

“Thank you, Ma. Tell them not to worry. I love you, send papa my love too.”

“I will. I love you too; call me if you ever need anything.”

“I will, Ma.”

“Bye, my love. Kisses!” Olivia says cutely.

Miranda can’t help but smile, “Hugs!” she giggles at the childish way she and her mother ends their calls, her mother laughs.

“Talk to you soon, Bye.”

“Bye.”

Miranda sighs as she lowers herself on the couch, she was still at home, after sending off Krystal to drop off Nicholas at daycare on her way to school she stayed behind to wake Victoria up, she had been doing that for the past few days. She already moved Nicholas’ crib to her room to give her cousin privacy during this time.

Every night she could hear Victoria crying and she couldn’t do anything about it, Victoria had requested that she wanted to be left alone and that request was granted with very little opposition.

 The night Victoria came home after her dinner out with Nichkhun, Miranda was surprised when Victoria came to her room in tears. She held Victoria while she cried her heart out and told her of what just happened.

Miranda had to control herself not to get angry at how Victoria told her of the reason for their break up. She kept shut and listened instead because that was what she needed to do for her, to listen and not rant.

It was disastrous when they told Krystal the very next morning; they had to pacify her and made her promise not to do anything that could drag their family into the attention of people. Thankfully after letting her scream to her heart’s content she calmed down but the anger stayed. Miranda knows that she can trust both her cousins to be reasonable and they are.

Their friends didn’t take the news lightly though, so she had to step in and have everyone see her reason why they chose to keep quiet, the Hwang’s play dirty so she doesn’t want any of it. Vera had already promised that they are going to be spared and she delivered, there is not one mention of Victoria’s name in any of the articles that came out and with that Miranda was satisfied.

Miranda stood up and starts for the stairs, she stops before taking the first step. In all honesty she could have handled that crisis with Horvejkul Group without any doubt, it was going to be a huge challenge but it was doable. Max Hwang might have impressive connections but so does she, Miranda had inherited all her grandmother’s connections and she had been acknowledged as Han Min Young’s heir long before the family decided to let go of the reins of the company. She could have handled it without breaking a sweat but since they dismissed her capabilities and choose to fold under the pressure Tiffany’s father had used on them, she had lost the interest.

It was true what her mother said, had the Horvejkul’s trusted her, she could have saved Victoria all the hurt and their company, but since they dismissed her cousin after a tiny bit of difficulty she is ready to dismiss them as well. She thought the reason for the break up was weak and unacceptable. She is not going to toil for people who think so highly of themselves and less of others, besides she still felt betrayed by what they have done to Victoria. How can she be sure that this will not happen in the future when her cousin is already fully committed, then she was partly convinced that she was doing her cousin a favor, better now than later.

She acknowledges the fact that Nichkhun and Victoria really do love each other, he may have made stupid mistakes but she saw how devoted he was to her, that she can’t deny. But like as she had predicted, he is weak when it comes to saving their family’s wealth and reputation, it was always duty first before anything else. She should know; she was just like Victoria before.

Miranda shook her head to clear her mind of the unwanted memories that came rushing in, and like her, Victoria will survive this. Time, that’s what she needs. Time and the chance to forget or maybe not really forget; but get used to the pain until you can easily ignore it. She hurries up to check on her cousin.

 

 

 

Victoria drove carefully as she can, she had stolen out of the house after Miranda went to the kitchen with Krystal and Nicholas in tow; they usually leave her alone as soon as she gets to her bedroom. Part of her is feeling guilty for moping around and being so detached, but a part of her didn’t care, she was hurting so she wanted to be able to her wounds without having to see them look at her with worry and pity in their eyes.

Her friends tiptoe around her and treat her like delicate crystal, she appreciated how they care for her but they don’t understand what she’s going through right now. She feels so empty and lost, she can’t focus at work but she still insists in going to the shop because she can’t stand being at home, everywhere she can see him, in her room, in the kitchen everywhere. So she holes herself up in the office and tries to get work done but she just ends up staring in space.

She misses him terribly, although she was the one who told him never to call or come around the house anymore, she is upset that he actually is doing just that. After the new came out of th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter