How Long?

My Finest Hour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Victoria looks up from her notes at the ringing of her phone; she was in bed going over her recipes for the season. She smiles; the ring tone told her its Nichkhun calling.

“Hey, how did it go?” she asks quietly, Nicholas is already asleep so she was careful.

She waited, she frowns when she doesn’t hear anything, she knew he was on the other line, she could hear his breathing, “Babe?” she was suddenly nervous, “Is everything alright?” she was almost afraid of what he is going to say.

“I just want to hear your voice, that’s all.” He finally says, “How was your evening?”

Victoria still couldn’t help feeling uneasy, but she smiles, “It was alright, Krystal made dinner and it was delicious, Unnie and I are nervous, she is going to ask for something pretty soon and it’s her signal that we can’t refuse whatever it is.” She chuckles, “How was yours?” she asks carefully.

“I miss you.”

He sighs, “I miss you so much.”

Victoria wasn’t sure she should be happy to hear what he just said. She sighs herself, “I take it didn’t go well?”

“No.”

Victoria forgot to breathe, “What happened?”

“Can you come down for a bit?” he suddenly asks.

“Where are you?” she sits up in bed.

“I’m in the car, outside.”

“I’m coming down, meet you at the door.” Victoria quietly stands up and tiptoes as she hurries out of her room and rushed down the stairs. She opens the door and was instantly in his arms.

She pushed him away for a bit, he was in casual clothes now. He only allowed her a few moments before she was back in his embrace.

 

“I just want to hold you for a bit. Can I do that?” he asks in is hair. He walks her backwards away from the door. She pushes it close and wraps her arms around him and then rubs his back soothingly,

“What’s wrong?” she sensed something bad. She lost her train of thought when he picks her up and takes her to the living room. He sits on the couch and secures her in his lap and proceeds to kiss her.

Victoria melted in his arms and his kisses, he kept her pressed close to him by moving his arms on her back and her nape, she assisted by wrapping her arms around his neck. At his urgings she starts to kiss him back.

 

His kisses starts off languid and unhurried and then suddenly became urgent and needy that it was turning her mind into mush, he breaks off from her lips at her relief and she takes the opportunity to take in air, her gasping turns into pants when he changed tactics and turns his attention on her neck, his hands secured her head to his preference and Victoria finally realized she was already sprawled on the couch under him and her legs were already wrapped around him and pressing him closer. She grabs his hair and softly moans at his attentive kisses, she bites at her lips to keep from making any more noise. He moves his kisses up her lips again before pressing urgent ones all over her face; she grabs at his face and levels her eyes with his.

“What’s wrong?” she demanded amidst her panting, she closes her eyes for a moment to calm herself down and he picks that moment to kiss them and then nuzzles her cheek and then targeted her ear. He nibbles at her earlobe and she hissed out a breath, she pulls at his face again, “Tell me what’s going on?”

She pushed at his chest to make him stop, “Babe, tell me.” Her hand went up and she smoothes his brows with her fingertips, “What is bothering you?”

 

Nichkhun finally sags on top of her and buries his face in her neck, her hands automatically went up his hair and her fingers massaged his scalp. He wraps his arms around her tight and sighs. “I want us to stay like this forever.” He mumbles in her neck.

She smiles and turns her head to deposit a kiss on his forehead. “It’s going to be a challenge; we might die of starvation though.” She smiles against his temple when he started to shake and he was suddenly chuckling in her ear, she pulls away because it was tickling her. She giggles when he maneuvers them in a different position, she was now on top of him, she props herself up by pushing up his chest. She smiles down at him when he reached up and brushed her hair away from her face.

“God, I love you.” He says to her while gazing at her tenderly.

She lowers herself down on his chest and sighs, “Me too.” Her eyes slowly closed when he starts to rub her back.

“Love?”

“Hmm?”

“Would it be too selfish if I ask you to run away with me?”

She stiffens at his question; she stops and thinks for a few seconds before she pushes up to look at him.

“What do you mean by that?” she was now officially worried.

“If we have to leave everything and everyone behind will you hate me for it?” his eyes were sad.

Victoria was so unprepared for what he was asking of her that she just stares at him. She slowly sits up and he follows her lead, they faced each other on the couch.

“I just thought it would be easier for us if we just left and start a new life somewhere else.” He says to her while he pulls her bac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter