Believe

My Finest Hour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Nichkhun smiles as he enters the bedroom; he got home late because the trip took longer than expected, the  new mall in Jeju Island had just finished it’s building phase so he had to go and do an ocular inspection to make sure everything was going smoothly. He slowly walks towards the bed and after discarding his jacket and tie he crawls his way next to his already sleeping wife.

The room smells of strawberries and he spied a small bowl in the nightstand with strawberry stems, he chuckles and after getting settled he presses a kiss on her lips, the taste of strawberries was tantalizing so he indulged himself and started to nibble it. In a moment she stirs in her sleep and he pulls away just in time to see her eyes open.

“You’re home.” she says sleepily, she reached up for him and with a small smile planted a greeting on his lips.

Nichkhun smiles against the kiss, “Hi, Love. Sorry I’m late.” He pecks at her lips a couple of times, “You smell and taste like strawberries.” He drawls huskily as he caressed her neck, he feels her pout in his kiss.

“The boss wanted strawberries, I couldn’t say no.” she giggles when he nips her lower lip.

Nichkhun laughs and pressed himself closer, “The boss is getting really spoiled.” His hand went to caress her still flat tummy, “Speaking of which, I still have to say hello.” Victoria giggles when he pulls up her pajama top and moves down and lowers his head to kiss her belly button.

“Hi there, Boss.” He whispers and then smiles when Victoria started to run her fingers in his hair, he kisses her tummy again, “Daddy’s home. I missed you.” He peppers kisses on her exposed stomach that he knows tickles her, she laughs and pulls him up to her, “What about me, Dad? Did you miss me?”

He smiles, his hand still on her stomach, “Not as much as the boss.” He teases her,

Victoria frowns, “Is that right?” he nods, he keeps his face neutral. She narrows her eyes at him, “Then maybe I get to sleep in the bed alone and you take the couch.”

 Nichkhun laughs out loud and pounces at her dropping kisses on her neck. Victoria laughs and wraps her arms around his neck, “Khun.” She calls out to him. Nichkhun ignores her and continues to kiss her neck moving up to her ear, “Khun.” She calls out again while her fingers ran up to his hair, Nichkhun groans.

SMACK!

 

 

Nichkhun opens his eyes.

“Come on man, wake up!”

Nichkhun lifts his head up and turn it to look at his glaring bestfriend by his bedside. He frowns, “What are you doing here!” he complains, he turns his head to the other side of the bed and found it empty. He buries his face in his pillow and groans. It was just a dream.

He wasn’t sure he wanted to wake up from it.

 

Wooyoung smacks his bottom again, “Get up!” he says sternly, “Your family called, by that I mean your Mom, she wanted to know where you were since you weren’t answering your phone. She wanted to know if you were with me and when I said you weren’t she asked me to come and check up on you! Get up!” he shakes his head at the sprawled form of his bestfriend.

After the engagement party last night got broken up by Tiffany’s father they celebrated Nichkhun’s escape from the claws of that woman by having drinks at a bar in a private room. Nichkhun’s cousin, Siwon, had provided the drinks had initiated a debriefing of some sort. Nichkhun was able to unload all his stress when he told them what he found out while he was at the Hwang’s mansion, they couldn’t keep the shock from showing in their faces as they heard all the horrible details. After patting him on the back and telling him that everything is going to be alright he then opens up about his heartbreaking time with the woman that he loves, with a heavy heart they listened and sympathized with him and vowed to help him get Victoria back since its already a given that he is going to have a hard time convincing not only Victoria but also her very protective family, and so after talking about his plans they celebrated some more, each one giving a toast for his success. It was understandable when he indulged in the comfort offered by the bottle so they let him; they got him home and deposited him to bed at dawn and after patting his already sleeping form, left for their homes.

So when he got a call from Nichkhun’s Mom asking about her son, Wooyoung got worried and drove to his condo unit, he found him still asleep on the bed in the same exact position they left him in. when he approached he was relieved to hear him and that was when he tried to wake him up.

“Get up!” Wooyoung tosses Nichkhun’s phone on the bed next to its owner, “Why did you turn off your phone?”

Nichkhun groans and reached up to massage his temples, “Keep your voice down, man, I’m not deaf.” His brows were knitted together in discomfort, he picks up his phone and sure enough it was off. “Where did you find this?” he asks as he powers it up.

Wooyoung shakes his head while he placed his hand on his waist, “On top of the coffee table. Your mother has been trying to call you, why did you turn it off.”

Nichkhun shakes his head, still frowning and still avoiding the light from his windows, “I didn’t turn it off,” he pauses, “Oh I don’t remember, what I know is I left this here last night, I couldn’t come back up to get it since Victoria was here.” He groans again but suddenly his eyes widened, “What time is it?” he asks urgently.

Wooyoung checks his watch, “It’s half past eleven, you have to-”

 

“Oh sh*t!” Nichkhun jackknifed from the bed and ran towards the bathroom, “I have to talk to Victoria, I was supposed to go there in the morning!” he stops and grabs for his head and groans again, “oh I’m never drinking that much again!” he stumbles towards the bathroom door.

“Take it easy, man. Take your time, she will be at work by now, you can go there instead.” Wooyoung tells him, he sighs and sinks on a chair by the bed, “Although Miranda might be there too, are you sure you want to enter the tigers den?” he smirks, he sighs again when he hears water running in the shower, “I’ll make you coffee!” he yells over the noise and then walks out of the bedroom, “You need to be awake when Miranda comes at you.” He mumbles under his breath and then sends out a prayer. “Dear God I hope he survives.”

 

Wooyoung hands Nichkhun a mug of coffee as soon as he came out of the bedroom, Nichkhhun was dressed casually in jeans and a grey sweater, he takes the mug and sips the coffee.

Wooyoung leans on the kitchen counter, “I think you have to let Victoria know that you are coming so you don’t get attacked by her cavalry when you get there.” he holds up his hands at his frown, “I’m just saying, it’s bette

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter