Drunk

My Finest Hour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Victoria shivered slightly in her coat as she walks towards the entrance of the restaurant where she was to meet her friends; she hurried in as soon as the doors automatically opened. She lets out a relieved sigh at the warmth that greeted her, she smiles at the hostess and follows her to a table. She was early but she doesn’t mind she was already in the area so it was pointless to go back to the office, she smiles when she was handed a menu after setting down a glass of water in front of her.

“I will be joined by three more.” She informs her wait staff, the woman nods. Victoria checked her phone and sure enough there was already texts form her friends telling her that they were on the way. She made the decision to order appetizers while she waits for them, she was getting hungry. She settles on her seat and leans back, the booth was comfortable and provided privacy, the divider was tall enough that her head was not dangling to the other side and they were separated somewhat to the other diners; she buries herself deeper into the cushiony seat.

She was studying the menu when she hears someone call out her name. She looks up and smiles brightly at the approaching figure of Sulli and Luna.

“Hi Unnie!” both girls said at the same time and greeted her with a hug.  Sulli took the seat next to Victoria while Luna took the one across from them.

“Sheesh, it’s cold!” Luna exclaims as she takes off her coat but leaves her scarf on, she shivered in her seat. She smiles up at their server who approached with glasses of water and another set of menus.

“What did you order, Unnie?” Sulli asks Victoria as she perused her menu while sipping on water.

“I got us some sweet potato fries and calamari, it should be ready soon.” Victoria also points at the entrée she decided on.

“Good, because I’m starving, I haven’t eaten all day.” Luna nods, her head also buried on the menu.

They all look up when Amber strode in, “I’m here!” she announced, she was panting, “Sorry, the ever  brilliant SOB decided to ruin my day by adding more work on the proposal that I just finished! Sometimes I wish I am already sixty-five so I can retire.” She takes Luna’s water and takes a big gulp.

The other three laughs, “Drink slowly.” Victoria tells her friend, Sulli and Luna giggles, “I thought you were looking for a new job?” Sulli asks amber as she passed her a napkin.

Amber rolls her eyes, “I was! Up until our department head got a wind of it, he offers me a raise to make me stay and of course I said yes! Big mistake!” she sighs, “I should have bargained to have that SOB fired instead.”

Victoria laughs, “Stop calling him that!” she scolds Amber.

“But he is a big freaking SOB! I bet his mother was disappointed when he came out of her, she probably screamed in terror.” Amber garbs her hair and playfully shrieked, “OMG, it’s an SOB!” she dramatically fainted on the table at the laughter of her friends. She smirks as she sits back on her chair, “Honestly, how can someone be so stuck up and hateful! He struts around the place like he is doing us a favor, ” she snarls this time.

Luna titters, “Are you sure he is that bad, Unnie? He could just be trying to get your attention.” She giggles with Sulli.

“No way!” Amber glares at Luna, she involuntary shivers in her seat, “Bite your tongue, Luna!” she frowns deeper when her three friends giggle hysterically instead. They were interrupted when the ordered appetizers where set on the table, as soon as their server turned around Luna and Amber attacks the fries with gusto while Sulli and Victoria opted to use forks.

Sulli turns to Victoria after swallowing her bite, “I heard from Krystal that a friend of yours is coming to Seoul to visit.”

Victoria paused for a moment, her brows knitting and then suddenly smiles, “Ah, she might mean Taecyeon-oppa. He is actually more of Miranda-unnie’s friend than mine; they were classmates since grade school. Yes he is coming this weekend, he’s a doctor. Remember that hospital that Rachel-unnie was in?” she waited for them to nod,

“Well they have a three year old boy who needs a heart surgery, and since Aunty Olivia had forged some sort of a partnership with them she is sending Taec-oppa to do the surgery. He’s graciously helping us with the foundation, Unnie called in a favor and he agreed to come.” She takes another bite of the calamari.

Luna suddenly leans over, a smile playing on her lips, “Krystal also said that he was an old flame.” She wiggles her brows at their eldest friend, Sulli turns her full attention towards Victoria while Amber stopped chewing, they were all curious as to what Victoria has to say.

Victoria smiles, at their expectant expressions, she shrugs.

“Ah Unnie! Come on! I’m dying here!” Amber whines and then pops another calamari in , the other two also rallied with her.

“Oh alright!” Victoria giggles, “He was actually my husband once.” She eyes dancing with amusement, she breaks out a laugh at the surprised look in her friends face, “I’m kidding!” she laughs with glee.

“What does that mean?!” Luna exclaims. The other two were still shell shocked.

Victoria wipes the tears in her eyes over her hysterics, “it was a game! I was only eight, Se Young and I were playing dress up, and she wanted to pretend to be a wedding planner. Teac-oppa happened to be around so he was designated the groom.” She giggles, “he’s always been so nice to us, he lives a few blocks down our street and he would sometimes spend time with us after school with Unnie and the rest of their frie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter