Happy

My Finest Hour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Taecyeon finished scrubbing and wiped his hand with a disposable towel before he walked out the OR to find the baby’s parents. The surgery was a great success; he was on his way to tell them that their baby is fine and will grow up a perfectly healthy boy. He rounded the corner to the waiting room and saw Miranda talking to the baby’s parents, she had them engaged in what seems to be a funny conversation because the two were laughing as they listen to her talk.
 

He paused and watched Miranda for a moment. For those who don’t know her, they instantly say that she is intimidating after they had gotten over how beautiful she is. For the ones close to her they say the complete opposite, that she is warm and kind and definitely funny. He couldn’t wait to spend the rest of his life with her; he is just hoping she is willing to do the same with him.
 

He clears his throat to make his presence known. All three heads whipped around and they jumped up from their seats.

“Is everything alright?” the father pulls his wife closer.

“Is my baby okay?” the baby’s mother mirrored the worried look her husband has.
 

He smiles at them and nods, “Kyung San is fine, and we were able to do the repair without any complications. He was a trooper in there, he is being wheeled to his room and in a while we can go and see him.” He smiles when the couple hugged and cried in relief. The baby’s mother went to him and grabbed his hands, her tears flowing, but she had a bright smile on her face.
 

“Thank you, Doctor. Thank you for saving our boy.” She reached up and gave him a tight hug.
 

Taecyeon pats her back, “Your welcome. Your son was very brave, he helped a lot by staying strong, I just did what I had to do.” He looks up to see Miranda hugging the father.

“Thank you very much, Ms. Lee. If it weren’t for you and your family my boy wouldn’t have stood a chance. We owe you our lives.”
 

Miranda was already in tears, she nods. “I am glad we were able to help. He is such a sweet boy. I am very happy for you both.” She squeezed the man’s hand, she smiles because he hung his head and cried, he bowed and turned to shake Taecyeon’s hand and bowed repeatedly while saying thank you. Miranda then gathered the younger woman in her arms and assured her that everything will be alright from now on. She looks up and meets Taecyeon’s gaze, “Thank you.” She mouths; she smiles when he winks at her.

 

“So he is going to be just like any other little boy?” Miranda asks Taecyeon as they walk back to his lounge.  They left the happy family after making sure that the baby has woken up.

Taecyeon pulls her into his arms, “He will have to go to rehab for a while but since he is young he will recover quickly, so yes, he is going to grow up just like any little boy,” he pressed a kiss on top of her head when she wraps her arms around his waist as they walk.

Miranda sighs, “I am so happy,” she paused and looks up at him, “Thank you, you have no idea how relieved I am. I am so proud of you,” she beams up at him. “You really are the great Ok Taecyeon,” she grinned when he pulls her up to his chest.

He chuckles and buries his nose in her hair, “That is what I am for.” He grinned, “I am here to make you happy.”

She giggles in his neck and pinched his side.

“Ouch!” he growled and squeezed her harder.

“Stop!” she hissed and pulled away from him, she looked around frantically, “People are going to see!” she scolds him.

“I don’t care! Let them watch, shall we put on a show for them?” he wiggles his brows naughtily at her.

Miranda muffled her laughter with a hand and then glared at him despite her smile, “You must be hungry, come on I have food brought over for you.” She grabs his hand and starts to pull him back toward his room which was only now a few doors down.

Taecyeon pretended to be tired so he made himself slouch so she had to pull him harder, he smirks when she gave him a scolding look.

“Stop playing around and come with me!” she hissed.

“My, my, you are eager!” he says out loud.

Miranda blushed when a couple of nurses heard him and giggles. She narrows her eyes at him.

“You are such an !” she yelps when he picks her up easily and walked a few steps and opens the room and closed it with a thud and locks it before she can make a sound.

 

She opens to let out a barrage of unsavory words, but he beat her to it.

“What about my ?” he loved to .

“Taecyeon!” she was all red.

He laughs out loud and tried to grab her, but she darts away.

“You better behave or I leave now!” she threatens him, she eyes gleamed in satisfaction when he immediately sober up.

“Okay, okay.” He has his hands up in surrender.

Miranda nods and went into the washroom and washed her hands.

He plops down onto the couch and inspected the bag that was marked by her restaurant’s logo. He looks up when she marched out of the bathroom, he smiles when she sits down primly on the couch and busies herself with the food inside the bag.
 

Miranda points at the washroom. “Wash your hands,” she was not asking him, she was telling him.

With a serious look, he nods and did her bidding, when finished the task he walks out to find the coffee table groaning under the weight of the food.
“Whoa!”

“Sit,” she pats the space next to her.

He, of course, obeys.

Miranda smiles at the eager look in his eyes. She piles food on a plate and then hands it to him; she rolls her eyes at him when he just opens his mouth. She sighs and picks up a fork and fed him.

“Mmm,” he was nodding his head, “This is really good.”

She smiles, “Good that you like it,” she hands him the fork but he doesn’t take it, he opens his mouth again.

She groans, “Teac, I am hungry too,” she pouts for good measure, she slowly smiles when he sighed, clearly losing the game he started.

He takes the fork and pierced a piece of broccoli and offered it to her, “Ahh,”

She frowns. “I can feed myself.”

He shakes his head, “Ahh,”

Miranda grits her teeth but he was not letting up, she opens and eats the vegetable.

“Is it good?” he asks excitedly.

Miranda chuckled, she nods to humor him, “Yes, very. Now can we eat?”

He takes a bite and then he offers her another piece from his plate, “We’re already eating,” he simply says he waited until she finally opens up and eats his offering.

“This is going to take forever,” she complains after she swallows her eye lights up with an idea, she was not kidding when she said she was hungry. “How about I do that?” she reached for the fork but he glares at her.

“I will do it.” He says stubbornly. “You said you will give me anything I want when I got here remember? This is what I want.”

“But we have enough plates and forks here,” she whines frustratingly, “How about we eat normally and them I will feed you dessert? Deal?” she smiles sweetly.

He sighs, “just this once,” he waited for her to nod although she looked slightly confused about what he meant by that statement. “Okay.”
 

She looked so relieved he can’t help but chuckle when she grabbed a plate and quickly added her choices. She distracted him by asking what happened in the OR; he allows her tactic and answers all her questions. There was one more thing he is impressed by her, she can talk about medical stuff like she is just discussing marketing strategies, she had once confessed that if she was not totally seduced by her grandmother to take the business route she could have been happy at being a doctor like her parents.

 

Like she promised after eating lunch she fed him fresh fruit for dessert and she even stayed with him and watched a movie in her laptop. He was routinely informed of the baby’s lab results and so far everything was going as he said it would. The baby was alright and he was able to spend time with the woman he wants.

 

Miranda is still confused, but she can’t deny she is enjoying her time with Taecyeon; it has been years since she has been this carefree. She just realized that she likes it. He has e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter