Like

My Finest Hour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Victoria was singing “Old McDonald” to Nicholas as she gives him a bath, she was emphasizing on the sounds the animals making the baby laugh. As soon as she finished, she wrapped him in a heated towel and started to pat him dry while walking back into the bedroom where she prepared his clothes. She buried her nose in his cheek and breathed in, “Hmm, you are just yummy!” she giggles and kisses him repeatedly on his chubby cheek, the baby let out peals of delighted laughter. She blew a raspberry on his neck and giggles at his laughter. She puts him down on the bed and continued to pat him dry.

“There you go, all fresh and pretty!” she cooed and gave him a massage. She distracted him by talking in excited tones so she was able to dress him quickly, when she finished she patted his bottom.

“Okay you can do whatever you want.” She laughs as Nicholas rolls to his stomach and moves to sit up. He claps his hands when Victoria clapped and applauded his efforts, both of them sharing a laugh.

Victoria heard the door open and looked up to see Nichkhun walk in, she gives him a smile.

“All done with the bath?” he asks.

Victoria nods, “Yes, were done.” She turns back to Nicholas, “You are ready for bed, isn’t that right little man?” she smiles and leans in for another kiss.

 

Nichkhun couldn’t help but stare at Victoria, she never fails to grab his attention albeit unknowingly, she now has her hair up in a messy bun on top of her head and stray tendrils escaped and frames her face, she was still giving all her attention to Nicholas – something she always does, he just realized she barely looks at him or even at all – so he gets to have a few moments of undetected staring.

He suddenly frowns, he realized his usual irresistible charm is not working on her, even when he gave her the flowers earlier, she gave him a small smile and said thank you but abruptly turned her attention back on the baby.

 

Victoria noticed his frown “Is everything alright?”

Nichkhun snaps back from his thoughts, “Ah, yes of course. Everything is fine.” He gave her a surprised smile.

Victoria chuckles, “If you say so.” She stands up and gathers the towel and the baby’s clothes. Nicholas was  making sounds and was reaching up for her, she looks down and smiles, “I have to tidy up first, my darling, and then I will come back, you stay here with Uncle, okay?” she pats his tiny head and looks up at Nichkhun, “I will just put all this away.”

 

He gave her a nod and plops on the bed, he bounced and caught the baby’s head when the baby fell back, Nicholas looked at him in surprise and then lets out a laugh, Nichkhun repeated the bouncing action and that got him another round of laughter from his nephew. He grins and picks him up and puts him on his stomach, the baby smiles and reaches for his nose.

“No Nicky, that’s mine.” He said teasingly, he tickles him and grins when the baby lets out another round of delighted laughter. He turns towards the bathroom door when Victoria walks out with her hair now back down again. She smiles when she sees them on the bed.

“Do you want to freshen up before dinner?” she asks, when he didn’t respond she walks towards them, “Here, give him to me. We will go and keep your mom company.” She sits on the side of the bed and reached for Nicholas, her attention back on the baby, “Come here, my love.”

 

For some odd reason that annoyed Nichkhun, he wanted to grab her and make her lay down on the bed with him; but he was able to keep himself in check and decided against it. When Nicholas lunged for Victoria he didn’t have any choice but to surrender the baby. Victoria smiles widely as she talks to Nicholas and stands up and walks out of the bedroom leaving him alone on the bed.

He stared at his bedroom ceiling suddenly feeling frustrated. He huffs and stares at the closed bedroom door. How is it that she doesn’t even

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter