Expectations

My Finest Hour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Taecyeon parked the car by Cravings’ front entrance, he gets out of the car, entered the building and gave the security personnel a sharp salute to which both men grinned and greeted him. He hurried to the elevators and pushed for the top floor. When he walked into Miranda’s assistant’s office she saw that the woman looked concerned as she watched Miranda’s door. She jumped in surprise when she noticed him.

“What’s going on?” he asks. The woman only looked at him with bewildered eyes and pointed at Miranda’s door. He rushed to push it open.

 

“This is ridiculous!” Miranda was still looking at the document in her hand. She wanted it all to be just a joke but the longer she looks at it the more convincing it was. It was really a registration of marriage, it had an official stamp with last month’s date, she also saw her signature and Siwon’s signature as the bride and groom along with declarations and signatures of two witnesses she recognized as Siwon’s best friend, Eunhyuk and then Stella’s. She remembers signing the form five years ago. She cringed; it was like her personal seal was mocking her in bright freaking red.

She looks up at Siwon. “How can you do this? This was years ago, this is not real!”

Siwon approached her slowly. “It’s still a valid form, Hon. We signed it and dated it, remember? It was our first anniversary and I brought this as my promise to you. You wanted to wait four years after you graduate before we get married that is why the date we wrote was that of our sixth anniversary.”

“This is not valid!” Miranda almost screams, “You can’t do this to me!”

“Yes I can, and I did.” He grabs both her arms, “We are legally married, Miranda. You are my wife,” he tried to pull her into his embrace when she pulled away and steps back.

“No,” she shook her head.

 

“What is going on here?”

Miranda gasps as Taecyeon pushed the door open and walked in, his expression was dark.

“Taec!” Miranda rushed to him and stopped him from advancing; the murderous look in his eyes alarmed her. He looks down and wraps his arms around her.

“Are you alright? Why were you screaming?” he saw the paper she was clutching and takes it from her and started to read. His anger flared, he looks at Siwon and snarls, “You son of a b*tch!” he launched himself at the man and grabbed for his collar.

Miranda screams and tried to pull Taecyeon away, she grabs for his fist midair. “Stop!” she screams. She pushed Siwon away and hugged Taecyeon’s waist and pushed him back. “Stop it!” she grabs his face so he looks at her. “Taec, stop! You might hurt your hand!” he was breathing hard and his eyes were wild, she pulls his head down, “Look at me,” she demanded. “Please, calm down.”

Taecyeon’s arms went around her, “Let’s get out of here!” he was guiding her out of the office.

“Take your hands off my wife!” Siwon thundered and steps angrily towards them.

“Like hell, she is!” Taecyeon was not afraid to face him; he pushes Miranda towards his back.

“Stop it you two!” Miranda moved away from Taecyeon to stand in between the two raging men, “I’ve had enough!” she turns to Siwon, “You stay here, and we will talk.” She spins on her heels and grabs Taecyeon’s arm, “You come with me.”

 

Miranda was praying hard that her all staff went home; she doesn’t want them to see her dragging a full grown man out of her office. She stops when she saw her assistant looking flustered. “Go on home, I will be alright.” She didn’t wait for a reply and continued out of the space still dragging Taecyeon behind her, she heads for the stairwell and pushed the heavy door open and marched in with the tall man, she spins around to face him.

“What are we doing here?” Taecyeon demanded, he still looked majorly pissed.

“We are going to talk like civilized human beings and I need for you to understand,” Miranda was looking up at him, she suddenly pulled him as she turns and took a step up and whirls back around to face him, she was finally satisfied that she was at eye level with him. She sighs. “You have to calm down and let me handle this,” she glares at him when he attempted to protest.

“I have to think straight and I can’t do it if you are both trying to jump at each other’s throats!” she grabs his arm when he tried to step back, “I am also in shock here. I promise I will tell you everything as soon as I get home,” she moved her hands up to his shoulders. “I need for you to calm down and get home safe,” she looks at him directly. “Can I trust you to drive home safe?”

 

Taecyeon wanted to protest and insist to stay, but he can see the determination in her eyes, his hands moved and grabbed for her tiny waist and pulled her closer, he tried to kiss her but her head moved back.

Miranda shakes her head, “I can’t do this now, Taec, I am serious,” she tells him firmly.

He ignores her and secures her to him and leans forward, she tried to evade him but he stubbornly sought her lips, she grabs his shoulders when he leaned her back so far she was sure she was going to fall over, he took the chance and captures her lips in a kiss as she gasps in alarm. He pulls her up and turns to press her on the wall.

 

Miranda almost lost her balance so she grabs for his neck, he pins her to the wall and continued to kiss her with so much attention she almost drowned in the feeling of his lips on hers.

 

Taecyeon wanted to make sure that she knows the extent of his feelings for her. Last night he was able to talk to her at length after Victoria and Nichkhun left them alone in the living room, he made it clear to her that the reason for his decision to stay was not just because the hospital offered him a position but because he wants to be with her. Miranda had just stared at him in surprise, but he was greatly relieved when she didn’t reject him right then and there.

He poured all his longing in this kiss. He can’t just allow her to go back to that man with that stupid document. He trusts Miranda enough to know that she will not hastily succumbed to Siwon’s manipulations, but he still wants to remind her that he was also not going to back off. He was delighted when she started to kiss him back.

 

Miranda’s mind is about to explode, she has yet to get over the shock Siwon had brought and then she had to pacify both men before they start beating at each other and then now she is trying her best not to be overpowered by a very needy kiss. Out in the haze that is her mind, she is trying to fight back for control, she shivered when Taecyeon tilted her head and proceeded to plunder while his hand went up to her neck to secure her in place, when he pressed himself to her she wasn’t able to stop the moan from climbing out of her lips and pulling him closer instinctively. Instantly she forgot what she was supposed to be doing and just surrendered and started to kiss him back.

His kisses started to move down to her neck, Miranda’s eyes flew open when he found a very sensitive spot. Miranda blushed and realized where she was; she pulled out all her strength and pushed him away successfully. “Stop,” she was breathing in gasps, she closed her eyes to control her raging body. His arms went around her again and she felt his lips on her forehead and held her until her breathing returned to normal.

“I have to go back in there and talk to him,” she says in between breaths against his neck. “I can’t ignore him anymore, and I have to do it calmly and with my wits about me,” she looks up at him, “Please allow me to do that,” she breathed a sigh of relief when he finally nodded.

“Okay, I will back off and let you do what you have to do but I will stay here and wait for you so we go home together.” he says to her hair.

Miranda pushed him away slightly and shakes her head. “No, I don’t want you to wait around here, go home. I will be alright. Please.” She pleaded.

Taecyeon grits his teeth and pulls her back into his embrace; he kissed the top of her head. “Okay. You win.”

She smiles and her hand went up to her hair, she was dismayed that her neat ponytail was ruined. He chuckles and his hand went up to smooth the hair down, “Sorry Babe, I didn’t mean to do that,” he grinned, obviously pleased with himself when she glared at him.

Miranda takes her hair down and did her best to smooth it back and tied it up again, without the help of a mirror she was not so confident that she was able to put it back like before Taecyeon messed it up. She looks up at him, “Is my face alright?”

He smirks, “You look like you just spent a blissful hour with me,” he likes teasing her.

She was not pleased; her eyes just about murdered him. “You are such an !” she gave him a scolding look when he tried to be smart, he laughs and made a show of zipping his mouth shut.

“You look fine,” he hand went to cradle her face and dropped a kiss on her lips. He smiles when she steps back.

“Okay, now go home, and please be careful on your drive. I will tell you everything when I get home.”

He nods, he takes her hand and pushed the stairwell door open and guides her out. She walks him to the elevators and waited for a car to open.

Miranda was able to check her appearance on one very reflective surface of the elevator door, she sighs in relief when she saw that she did not look completely ruined. She looks up when Taecyeon chuckles.

“I told you, you look alright,” he bends down, “You look beautiful as ever,” he whispers to her ear, he smirks when she closed her eyes.

Miranda was relieved when the elevator dinged open, she pushed Taecyeon in. “See you later,” she was just about to turn away when he pulled her and delivered a searing kiss that took her breath away, she felt him smile against her lips.

“See you later.” He whispers huskily in his kiss before he finally lets her go. He smiles when she was still dazed as the elevator door closed.

Miranda had to close her eyes and takes a deep breath to calmly collect herself before she turned around and walked confidently towards her office. Her assistant was no longer at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter