Doubt

My Finest Hour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Victoria holds the door open for Nichkhun as he walks into the foyer with the sleeping baby in his arms, the moment Victoria closed the door Nicholas’ eyes flew open, Nichkhun smiles at the baby, “We are home, Bud.”

“I will go and heat up his milk.” Victoria says; she puts down the packages in her hand and hurried to the kitchen.

Nichkhun followed her in a leisurely pace; he is in a great mood that he is grinning at his nephew non-stop that the baby was starting at him as if trying to tell him to quit grinning. He chuckles and nuzzles his chubby cheek, “We had a great day, didn’t we, Nicky.” He walks into the kitchen to find Victoria busy with the baby’s food and she was on her phone talking to Krystal.

“Where are you? Have you had dinner yet?” Victoria was asking her cousin as she tested the milk’s temperature on the inside of her wrist, satisfied that it was just right she turns around to hand the bottle to Nichkhun. “Do you want me to go over there and pick you up?” she listens for a few beats, “Okay then, remind Hannah to drive carefully, I already told you earlier today to bring your car to school.” She rolls her eyes and shook her head, she heard Nichkhun chuckle she looks up and smiles at him, “Alright, call me as soon as you get there, don’t take too long I will wait up for you.” Her lips drew a thin line, “No, I will wait up. Okay, bye.” She puts down the phone and opens the fridge and looks inside, she turns around; “What do you want for dinner?” she asks Nichkhun.

He looks up from his seat, he had the baby propped up in his arms as he fed him his dinner, “You know that beef and broccoli stir fry you did a few weeks ago? I want that one.” He says to her and then turns back on the baby, he coos when Nicholas made a sound.

Victoria was taken aback, usually when she asks him if he wants anything in particular for dinner he usually answers her with a polite “whatever you want” comment, she chuckles as she takes the meat and produce out of the fridge, when did he start being so particular. She shrugs her shoulders and starts her prep work.

“What did the princess say, where is she at this hour?” Nichkhun suddenly asks her.

“She is with her team mates, they are looking for fabrics for their designs, and she told me she will be late in coming home.” she tells him whiles still focused in cutting up vegetables.

“Who is she with exactly?” He asks.

Victoria looks up, “She is with her classmates, Hannah and Claire.”

“No boys? What time is she coming home?”

Victoria lifted her brow, “She didn’t say.” She puts down the knife, “What are you doing?”

Nichkhun looks up, “What?”

Victoria leans on the counter, “Just now, you were interrogating me about Krystal. Since when did you care so much about my cousin?” she lifted her brow at him as she tilts her head to the side, she smirks.

Nichkhun shrugs his shoulders, “I just want to know, she is still not home, I want to know where she is and who’s she’s with. You were the one who said you don’t allow her out one her own at night.”

Victoria chuckles, “She is not alone, she is with her classmates.”

Nichkhun looks up at her, “Just the same, I feel better when I know where she is, call her back and tell her I will go and pick her up from the fabric store.”

Victoria held up her hand, “Hold on, first of all, I will not call her back and tell her that you are going to pick her up and second, didn’t you tell me to ease up on her? You said and I should trust her.”

Nichkhun frowns, “Yes I did tell you that, but this is different.”

Victoria laughs, “How is this different? We are not going to argue about this, I already said yes to her so that’s that.” She picks up her knife and continues to work on dinner, “She told me that she is going to call me when she gets there and later when they leave, so I will not embarrass her by barging into the store and hover over her.” she smirks, “You know she doesn’t like you more than a friend, she will probably get mad if she found out.”

Nichkhun looks up, “Found out about what?” he asks with a teasing tone.

“Nothing.” She says, “Forget I said anything at all.” Victoria hid her smile.

“Now wait a second,” Nichkhun stands up and with the baby on one arm saunters next to Victoria, “how can you say that she will get mad? She happens to like me.” He said smugly, he leans down and nuzzles her cheek.

Victoria giggles, “Yes, she does. Like a brother, one that she can boss around. It’s all your fault, you give in to all her whims, so she likes you because you are easy.” Victoria said with a smirk.

Nichkhun wraps his free arms around her waist and gathers her up to his chest with the baby, “I know I am easy,” he says to her hair, her hand went up and rested it on his arm, “You took one look at me and I was head over heels with you,” he said huskily, he kisses her temples. Victoria moved her head and he saw her smiling, he leans down, “While you, my lady, tortured me thoroughly by ignoring me all the time.” He said against her lips, he felt her smile, he pressed a kiss and he was just about to deepen it when Nicholas suddenly let out a loud burp.

Victoria laughs, she pecks at his lips and then pushed him back, and she smiles at the baby, “Good job, Nicky!” Nicholas gave her a smile and lunged at her; she giggles as she takes him and kissed his chubby cheek.

Nichkhun chuckles as he moves around and hugs Victoria from the back; he kept both his arms around her waist and engaged the baby in a game of peek-a-boo, the baby laughed and he buried his face in her hair while he laughs, he drops a kiss on her neck.

Victoria giggles, “If we are going to have dinner, I have to cook.” She turns around in his arms, “You boys entertain yourselves for a while.” She says to Nichkhun.

He pouts, “We can just order take-out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter