His Mom

My Finest Hour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Victoria slowly opened her eyes and stretched, she was momentarily surprised when she found herself in a strange room, and she turned and saw a baby next to her. She suddenly remembered the events that happened last night.  She smiles as she reached to caress the baby’s cheek.

She was enjoying dinner with her friends and her cousin at their favorite place over grilled meat and lettuce wraps when her phone rang and Nichkhun was on the other end totally panicking and asking for her help, she heard the baby screaming and that prompted her to leave immediately. She apologized and explained to her friends in a hurry before she flew out of the restaurant. When he told he that the baby was turning blue she was horrified.

She felt sorry for the baby and the fact that the poor thing was traumatized by his mother leaving him to a complete stranger tugged at her heart. He is still so young and babies still need their mother’s no matter what the situation is, he is an innocent victim over all this mess.

Last night she decided that she was going to stay with him until his mother returns and Victoria has a few choice words for her when they do in fact meet, this is not right. Making the baby go through a lot is not good parenting, she knows the mother may be suffering right now; she herself was already attached to him how much more if you were the one who bore and raised him. Victoria also really felt sorry for them both, she was just glad that she is able to help out.

She had to explain to her cousin when she got home that night to pack a few things that she is going to take care of Nicholas and stay at his uncle’s place until his parents return to pick him up, her cousin was not very pleased with her staying over Nichkhun’s place even a tiny bit but she told her that it was going to be alright. Her cousin finally agreed to take care of the shop for her while she is occupied with the baby.

Victoria smiles as the baby opens his eyes, “Good morning, Nicholas” she softly greets him, she giggles.

 Nicholas turned to her and gave her a big smile; he rolls on his stomach towards her and crawls to her side. He mumbles a sound and pressed his face on hers.

Victoria lets out a laugh and kissed the baby on his cheek. “Is that my good morning?” she lifts him up and sits him up on her tummy. She bends her knees to give him support as she pokes at his sides and made him laugh out loud. She couldn’t resist she puts him back on the bed and blew raspberries on his tummy, he gave out peals of delighted laughter and she laughs and does it again.

She looks up when she heard a soft knock on the door, she found herself looking up at a smiling pair of eyes.

 

Nichkhun was just about to leave for his morning run; he wrote a note for Victoria telling her where is he going and that he will be back in half an hour. He was just going to peek inside the room to check on them  when he heard laughter coming from the inside. He opens the door an inch and saw them smiling at each other, when the baby crawled to her side and pressed his face on hers a smile tugged on his lips. Victoria giggles and puts Nicholas on her tummy and made him laugh by poking playfully at his sides, when she puts him on his back and blew on his stomach which made them both laugh out loud, he was tempted to join them on the bed. But he felt that would just send wrong signals on the woman on his bed, who was looking so inviting with her hair all tousled and face flushed from laughing, so he knocked.

“Good morning!”

 

Victoria smiles up at him, “Good morning, Nichkhun. Did we wake you up?” she laughs, she looks down at the baby, “Say good morning to your uncle, sweetheart.” She smiles at the baby, she sits up and pick up Nicholas and presents him to Nichkhun who walked in and kneeled by the bed. He opened his arms and takes the baby.

“Good morning, buddy! Did you have a good sleep?” He smiles at the tiny face, you would be if you slept right next to her, he thought, he wiggled his brows at his nephew who threw him a smile. He laughs, it’s like Nicholas actually understood him. He cradles him in his arms. He was glad that the baby looks so happy, he made the right decision in making Victoria stay.

Victoria noticed his outfit, “Oh you are off to your run? Here give him to me.” She raised her arms up and received the baby.

“Yes, if you don’t mind.” Nichkhun pinched Nicky’s cheek. He looks at her.

Victoria smiles and nods, “Sure, I can manage him; I will change him and feed him. I imagine he must be hungry now.” she turns to the baby, “isn’t that right, Nicky?” she looks up, “Go on ahead.”

“Okay, I have my phone with me, call me if you need anything.” He reminds her.

Victoria stood up with the baby in her arms, “Sure thing, have a nice run. Be careful.”

Nichkhun smiles, “Thanks.” he stares at her for two beats before he turned around walked out of his bedroom, Victoria’s sing song voice following him out as she talks to Nicholas. He stops by the door and looks back toward his room, he stood there with a genuine smile tugging on his lips yet again, yesterday at this same time he felt like his world was being turned upside down, now it’s just so peaceful. He lets out a laugh as he opens the door and starts stretching for his run.

 

“Yes, have them all delivered here as soon as possible, like right now. No, somebody will be here to receive them, and make sure they assemble it all, she will need them for my nephew.” He was telling his assistant as he nears his unit door, he paused. “Yes, noona. It’s her, she offered to take care of Nicky and I am very grateful.” He rolls his eyes, “Of course I thanked her and yes I was a perfect gentleman! Yes, yes, I know, I know. I will be on time. Bye!” he glares at the phone, sometimes he thinks it was his mother who hired Ga In, its uncanny how they talk to him.

He called to get Nicholas his crib and a stroller among other things, he figured Victoria might need a stroller when she takes Nicholas out, they both agreed that she can take him with her when she goes to her shop. The crib and high chair was so that she doesn’t have to carry Nicholas around especially since his apartment was not yet childproof.

He opens his door and was assaulted by the smell of coffee and eggs. He walks in to find his nephew on the kitchen table strapped on his carrier. Nicholas gave him a big smile; he was already dressed and looked clean and contented. Victoria was talking to him while being busy in front of the stove.

Victoria turns when she heard him talk to the baby, she smiles at the scene, Nichkhun was hunched on the table tickling the baby.

“You’re back” she smiles and then turns back to her skillet, “I had to put him in there, I wasn’t so keen in making him crawl all over the place.”

“It’s okay, I had a few things arranged to be delivered for him, and they are coming to assemble it for you too.” He informed her, he was looking back and forth between his nephew and her back.

“Okay. I have coffee ready and I am just about finished with this, I raided your fridge, I hope it’s alright.”

“No problem, help yourself with anything here, you’re more than welcome to it all.” He tells her, he approached and looked over her shoulder.

“Wow!” he exclaims.

She laughs, “It’s just an omelet!”

He chuckles, “Sorry, it’s just that I don’t really cook, most of the stuff in here I barely know what they are for. I usually just have coffee and toast for breakfast, sometimes its just coffee. My mom offered to get me a housekeeper, but since I am barely home, I didn’t think I needed one.” He explains. He moved back and allowed her to place the dishes on the table.

They sat down with coffee and toast and her omelet and fruit, and talked about what they have planned for the day.

“I just have to pop in at the shop later, I need to sign a few papers and maybe take Nicholas to the park before we head back here.” She informs him.

“Do whatever you want; I already imposed on you so much, I am just happy that Nicky is being taken care of.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter