Annoyed

My Finest Hour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Nichkhun couldn’t stop grinning as he drove Victoria home; he risked a glance at her and saw her watching him with an amused look in her eyes.

“What is it?” she asked him.

Nichkhun chuckles and shrugs before he turned his attention back on the road, “Nothing.”

 “Really now,” she was not convinced, she turns on her seat to face him, “then what are you grinning about? Please don’t tell me you took my prank seriously.” She said to him in a teasing tone, she lifted her brow and smiles, “I only did it because I saw how distressed you were.” She leans back on her seat and smirked at him.

“Oh I see.” Nichkhun said indulgently, “You were just feeling sorry for me, just like you did for Nicky. Is that it?” he grinned at her.

Victoria smiles and nods, “Yes, that’s right. And also because Se Young looked like she was just about to snap and have a go at your girlfriend.”

“Ex-girlfriend” Nichkhun emphasized.

Victoria was quiet for a moment, she watched as he turned serious all of a sudden. She reached for his arm, “I’m sorry, I know she is a sensitive issue. I will back off now.” She said to him apologetically.

Nichkhun deeply sighs and then shakes his head, “No it’s alright. It has been two years since we both parted ways, it’s just that I was not anticipating seeing her tonight. The last time we talked she said she was moving to Paris for good.”

Victoria stayed quiet, she was not sure she wanted to know about his previous relationship but it looks like he needed to let it all out so she listened.

Nichkhun shrugged, “In the end I didn’t fight it, to be honest; it was the time when I had to take over for my Dad at the company. We just had different priorities back then; she wanted something more for her career while I was needed by my family. She was disappointed, I no longer had time for her because I was busy with work, she wanted to move to France but I couldn’t leave my responsibilities here. When she made me choose, it was very hard for me, I tried to get her to understand my situation but she insisted on a decision so I chose.” He sighed again, “Back then I really thought she was the one, we have been together since junior high but we did have different goals then, if Dad didn’t have that scare we might still be together, I would probably be with her in France by now.” He glanced at her; she was quiet and just listening to him.

Victoria bit her bottom lip, “I could still happen,” it was her turn to sigh, “You never know, you both could try it again, it might be better this time especially since you’ve spent time away from each other.” She said to him in an attempt to make him feel better.

Nichkhun suddenly chuckles, “I don’t think so, Victoria. I don’t think so.”

She frowned, “Why not? Nothing is impossible, just give it a try. By what I saw from her earlier, I think that’s what she wants too.” She was trying to convince him.

Nichkhun rolled his eyes while he was facing away from her, he couldn’t help but laugh softly. “Well that’s not what I want.” He firmly told her.

Victoria leaned all the way back from him with her hands up, “Okaay! Sheesh, you are making it sound like I am nagging you!” She giggles.

Nichkhun grinned at her, “I will make myself clear, I am not thinking of getting back with her. You got it!”

“Crystal clear!” Victoria nodded and smiles at him. “You just say that right now.” she mumbled to herself.

“What did you say?” Nichkhun eyed her suspiciously.

She shrugged her shoulders delicately, “Nothing.” She turned to the window to hide her smile.

“I saw that.” He said to her with a menacing voice.

Victoria burst out laughing, “I just find it unbelievable that you don’t want her back, she is obviously still into you and I don’t know if you saw her tonight, she looked phenomenal in that dress if I may say so.” She leans closer, her voice teasing.

Nichkhun shrugged, “I didn’t notice.”

“Liar!” Victoria giggles.

“I swear.” He held up his free hand, “because somebody already got hold of my full attention all night.” He says as he took hold of her hand and held it. He winked at her and brought her hand to his lips to press a kiss on it.

“Stop that!” Victoria laughs; she relinquished her hand and smacked him sharply on his arm that sent him laughing out loud.

“I told you I was just playing around with her, you looked so uncomfortable when she approached our table.” She huffs, “I’ve known girls like her all my life, they prance around thinking the world is their playground, well newsflash it’s not! She was pissing Se Young off big time and Wooyoung’s birthday was getting ruined, I had to do something.”

“Ah yes, you always come to the rescue of helpless people like us.” Nichkhun says to her, he beats his chest and made a sad looking face, “I was sure glad you came to my rescue.”

“Don’t mention it, I am happy to help.” she says to him smugly then giggles, she had to cover her face and try to calm down to keep her from laughing out loud.

 

Nichkhun grins and shakes his head, he wanted to keep on staring at her as she laughs but he needed to keep his attention on the road, he will never win with her and even with that knowledge he still feels giddy. He likes spending time with her; she never fails to make him smile and laugh. She offers the best advice and although she can be sarcastic sometimes he can always see her point on things. She is smart on top of being wonderfully fun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter