Official

My Finest Hour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Nichkhun was excited to get out of the office; he was just about to sign off the last of the proposals when he looked up to see his assistant walk in with a few more files in her hand. He frowns.

“What are those?”

GaIn smiles, “These are the plans drawn up by the interior designer for the top floor lounge for the restaurant in Ilsan, they said you wanted to see them today,” she stopped right in front of her boss’ desk and hands it to him.

Nichkhun takes them but just puts them on the side. “I will look at it tomorrow, I don’t have the time now, I promised Victoria that I will be at the house in time for dinner,” he closed the file he had in front of him and hands it to GaIn. “These one needs to be sent to the marketing department straight away so they can start working on it.”

GaIn can’t help but chuckle; she takes the file and smiles at him. When he walked in earlier this afternoon after taking a few days off, he looked so happy he was literally glowing. She knew for a fact that the two had made up and is back together again.

“Listen, I just want to say I am very happy for you both,” she sighs when he smiles up brightly at her. “I hope you are going to be very careful from now on. It was very painful to watch you these past few months, I am glad to have you back.”

Nichkhun chuckles and stands up and shrugs on his suit jacket as he walks around to stand in front of his assistant. He pulls her in for a hug as she laughs, she squeezed him back.

“I won’t Noona, I learned my lesson. I will always listen to you.” He had always been grateful; she had been the older sister he never had. He looks down with a smile, but his eyes widened when she reached up and smacked his cheek sharply, he steps back while rubbing his cheek.

“Noona!” he was in total shock.

She narrows her eyes at him and pointed at him menacingly, “Mess up one more time and I will strangle you! You hear me?”

He got over his shock and grins, “I promise.”

GaIn nods. “Good. Now get going.” She smiles when he drapes his arms around her shoulders and they walk out of his office together.

She watched him as he walks towards the elevators with a spring on his steps. She sighs and picks up the phone to let the marketing department know that their proposal had been approved by the boss. She was glad he was able to persuade Victoria to take him back. These past few months he buried himself in work just so he fulfills his obligation, but she would see him staring into space at times when he thought he was alone.

She was almost tempted to tell him that Victoria was back in Seoul months ago, but she promised that she was going to keep it a secret, she wanted so much to help the man she considers her younger brother but she was also a loyal friend. Now she is finally able to breathe easy. She is going to promise to keep an eye on him, although she doubts that she needs to do that. He had learned his lesson well, just like he said. He would be a total idiot if he messed up again. She smiles when the other line picked up.

 

 

Nichkhun takes a deep breath as he parked his car in the driveway, he hadn’t been to the house for months, he was suddenly nervous. He was able to exchange polite and civil pleasantries with Victoria’s cousins but it was always awkward and they always move away from him immediately. He takes a few calming breaths before he finally gets out of the car and made his way to their front porch and rang the bell.

He smiles when she opens the door with a smile on her face and swung it wide to admit him in. His arm automatically reached for her while he kept the other one was hidden behind his back. He grins and leans down to capture her lips in a searing kiss. She sighs in his lips before she kissed him back.

“Hi,” he greets her in his kiss. He brings his other arms out and presented her with a bouquet of red roses.

Her eyes went wide as she takes them. “Oh, they are beautiful!” she smiles up at him and reached up to kiss him, “Thank you.”

He was now able to use both his arms to pull her up closer. “You are more beautiful than the flowers,” he nuzzles her cheek. “I missed you,” he dips her down and with a laugh he kisses her again.

She giggles. “I missed you too,” she says in his kiss. She pulls back and takes a step away from him, “Come, we just started eating. Unnie says you should come join us.” She saw how he suddenly looked nervous, she chuckles, “They don’t bite, it’s going to be alright.” She was confident that her cousins are going to treat him right. She takes his hand and half dragged and half guided him to the dining room.

Nichkhun heard laughter coming from the dining room, he recognized Krystal’s and Miranda’s laugh but there was also a masculine voice. He walks in with Victoria to find Taecyeon with the cousins seated around the dining table. They all looked up.

“Good evening.” Nichkhun greets them, he was relieved when Miranda nodded with a small smile and Krystal did the same.

“Nice to see you again, Mr. Horvejkul,” Taecyeon stands up and offers a hand to shake.

Nichkhun grins. “Same here, Dr. Ok.” They shook hands.

Taecyeon grins back, “I will call you Nichkhun as long as you call me by my name, deal?”

Nichkhun chuckles, “Deal.” He nods; he looks up to see Victoria smiling. He was asked to sit beside Victoria and dinner progressed. He was glad that Taecyeon was able to keep the conversation going around the table, he was still unsure of how he is going to talk to Miranda and Krystal, well mostly Krystal. The younger woman still opts to ignore him even though she was seated next to him. He remembers when he first started to come around to help with Nicholas that she was shy around him at first, it was different now though; she was just lukewarm around him.

 

 

After dinner, he volunteered to help Victoria clean up since he found out that Taecyeon was the one who made dinner, Miranda shook her head and told him to stay in the living room with Taecyeon. The two decided against protesting so Taecyeon told him that he was planning to stay in Seoul and asked Nichkhun’s opinion in getting his own place because he can’t stay with the cousins permanently. For now, he says with a smile and Nichkhun understood.

 

Victoria loaded the dishwasher while Miranda prepared the fresh fruits for after dinner tea.

Krystal takes a piece of cantaloupe from the platter and pops it in . “So is Nichkhun-oppa going to stay with us too?”

Miranda chuckled, Krystal was looking at Victoria with a questioning expression while Victoria looked flustered.

Krystal rolls her eyes. “Come on, Unnie. I am not a kid anymore. I know more or less what kind of relationship you have with him now.”

Miranda clears and wipes her hand with a paper towel. “That’s right, we,” she smiles and looks at Krystal pointedly, “are adults. I think we should be comfortable enough to discuss this,” she looks up at Victoria. “It’s up to you. Do you want to stay with him or not? It’ll be up to you if he wants to stay here with you or you move in with him at his place.”

Krystal made a disagreeing sound but she calms down at Miranda’s warning look, she suddenly turned serious. “But before we go on any further. I want to make this clear, dearest. You are doing this because it’s for keeps if it’s not I prefer we think conservatively until you guys finally decide what the end game is.”

Victoria blushed, she was not really up to this kind of discussion but she admits that it needed to be said and her cousins are just reminding her subtly that things just got more complicated and serious after she spent those nights with him. They might be women of the modern times, but they still believe in certain conservative standards. Miranda may have joked about certain experiences, but there was a goal behind it, not just mindless and reckless fun.

“It is Unnie. It’s for keeps. He is the one for me.” Victoria approached the kitchen table where her cousins were seated, “We already talked about our future together. We are going to work hard to make i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter