The Other Half

My Finest Hour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Just wait for me.” Nichkhun says, he glanced at his watch, “We are wrapping up in fifteen minutes, I will be right there.” he listens for a few moments, “No, it’s no trouble. Okay, bye.” He hangs up and placed his phone within reach and looks up just in time to see his client walk back into the conference room.

“Where were we?” the older man stated as he sat down. He looks up at Nichkhun expectantly.

Nichkhun smiles, “We were going over the terms.” He offered.

“Ah, that’s right.” The older man nods and picks up his copy of the proposal.

 

Victoria stops short in front of a rack displaying various caps for babies, she smiles and picks one up and holds it up for Nicholas to see, “How about this one, my love?” she shows him a baby blue cap with white t. She laughs when Nicholas just stared at it, “What? You do not like it?” she pouts and puts the cap back into its hook.

“Now I am really wishing Aunty Krystal is not so busy in school.” She tells the baby, “She could probably pick out your outfits in no time.” She turns around seemingly overwhelmed by the choices, “I had no idea it would be like this.” she leans on Nicholas’ stroller and picks him up, “I am going to confess I have no idea what to get you.” She smiles at the baby, “You’ve already outgrown all your clothes, if we don’t get you new outfits, I’m afraid you may have to go !” she giggles, “I know you don’t want that, do you?”

Nicholas beams up at her and coos excitedly. Victoria peppered him with kisses that sent him in a peal of laughter.

“What a beautiful little boy!”

Victoria turns her head to the voice; she smiles at the elegant woman beaming at them.

“I’m so sorry, I just couldn’t resist. He is so cute!” the woman approached and waved at Nicholas. “Hi there cutie pie!”

Victoria smiles, “Say hello to the beautiful woman, Nicky.” She says to the baby. Nicholas gave the woman an adorable toothless smile.

“Omo! He is such a charmer!” the woman giggles, she grins at Victoria, “You are so lucky to have such a beautiful child!”

Victoria laughs, “He is not mine, he’s my friends son, I am just looking after him.” She tells the woman truthfully.

“Omo! I’m sorry, he has your nose so I immediately thought he is yours.” The woman colored in embarrassment.

Victoria shook her head with a smile, “It’s alright, I don’t mind.” She looks at Nicholas for a moment, “You’re right we do share the same nose!” she exclaims.

The woman laughs, “Oh you didn’t notice? When you picked him up I immediately saw it, it’s so uncanny. He is going to be very pretty when he grows up.” She predicted, “He is going to break a lot of hearts, I’m sure of it” she beams at Victoria. “Are you shopping for his clothes?”

Victoria nods, she puts Nicholas back in his stroller, “Yes, he already outgrew his clothes. We have to buy new ones or else he is going pretty soon.” She giggles.

The woman laughs and leans down on the stroller, “Well then we need to get you clothes, young man. I have a feeling you prefer to be clothed.” She reached down to tickle Nicholas and the baby giggles which caused her to gush with delight. She turns to Victoria, “Oh would you mind if I tag along?”

Victoria was a bit taken aback at the request, the woman is so perky it was hard not to like her, she was dressed in expensive designer clothes but she talks animatedly.

The woman giggles, “I bet you think I am crazy, I’m not. Well maybe just a little bit. I am waiting for my husband.” She starts to explain to the obviously surprised younger woman. “He made me wait out here while he deals with business, so I was just wandering around being bored out of my mind when I spotted you both.” She holds out her hand, “I am Han Ye-Seul by the way.” She smiles at Victoria.

Victoria had to laugh, “I’m Victoria, pleased to meet you Han Ye-Seul-ssi. This one here,” she points at the baby, “is Nicholas.”

Ye-Seul shakes Victoria’s hand, “Pleased to meet you too, Victoria-ssi.” She turns to the baby, “And you too Mr. Nicholas.” Her eyes suddenly narrow as she looks at Victoria, “Have we met before? I swear you look familiar. Do you happen to be in the restaurant business?”

Victoria shakes her head, “No, I don’t. But I do have a dessert shop, I’m a pastry chef.”

“Hmm, maybe, I’m not sure. Oh never mind. Can I help you pick out his outfits then?” Ye Seul ask excitedly.

Victoria couldn’t help but laugh at the infectious brightness of the older woman, “Sure, Ye-Seul-ssi.”

Ye-Seul chuckles, “Please let’s not be too formal, you can call me Unnie if you allow me to call you Victoria. Is that alright?”

“Of course, Unnie.”

Ye-Seul beams, “Okay let’s find this little man clothes!”

 

 

Nichkhun was getting frustrated, he was trying to get hold of Victoria for five minutes now but the woman was not answering her phone. When he called earlier to check on her since she was the one taking Nicholas home because he thought that today’s meeting was going to take longer, she informed him that she was taking the baby shopping for clothes. He told her to come to their store and that he will join them as soon as his meeting wraps up. He is now looking for her in the Children’s Department of their shopping mall. He is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter