Promise

My Finest Hour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

She froze I his arms, Victoria forgot to breathe, her mind went on overdrive and she suddenly felt dizzy. It felt like an eternity went by before she felt her lungs demanding air and she took deep breaths. She forcibly pushed herself away from him.

“What did you say?” she searched his face, “This is not the right time to make jokes.”

Nichkhun sighs, he cups her face and pulls her back, “I am serious, Babe. I love you, so much,” he tucks her back in to his chest, “I can’t imagine my life without you now. All I see is me being with you, growing old with you, spending the rest of my life with you.” He rubs her back and he felt her melting into him.

“Do you know that I always dream of you? I wake up and I get angry with myself when I see your side of the bed empty. I became the happiest person in the world last night, and I also became a better version of me.” He plants a kiss on her forehead, he pulls back slightly, “That’s the truth.” He looks down to see her still and quiet.

“Babe?” he rubs her cheek with his thumb.

Victoria closed her eyes for a moment and then looked up at him. “What do you expect me to say after all that?” she presses her face into his neck and struggled to clear her chaotic mind.

She was surprised after he blurted out those three words earlier; her head went hazy as he rubbed her back soothingly. He was pulling her in deeper and she honestly doesn’t want to fight it, but a small stubborn part of her still insisted that she be careful, is keeping her from blurting the same words back. She knew she was in trouble the moment she allowed him to get closer, when his eyes would slowly pull her in and his smiles charm her steadily. Was she ready for this? Doesn’t this mean she is going to be committed to him? It scared her, this might mean she doesn’t trust him, her gut is telling her to be careful. But her heart is telling her otherwise. She sometimes wishes she is simple minded and ignorant, it would be much easier.

He chuckles, “I am not expecting you to say it back, just because I bared my soul to you doesn’t mean you have to say it out of pity.” He laughs when she looked up and frowned at him.    

“I do love you!” he chuckles and pressed a kiss on her lips, “I just want you to give me a chance. I will be patient; I will wait until you finally trust me.” He pleaded with his eyes.

Victoria groans and closes her eyes and pulls him in for a kiss, she smiles against his lips when she hears him laugh. He tilts her head up to deepen his kiss and wraps his arm around her as her arms went up around his neck. He pushes her down on the couch and possessed her lips aggressively that even when she moved her head away from him to catch a breath he only allowed her a second before kissing her again, she suddenly giggles and that prompted him to pull back and smile down at her.

Victoria pushed him slightly away and started to run her hands up and down his chest, trying to calm him down. She smiles and slowly turned pink.

Nichkhun lowers himself down on her but still kept most of his weight off her and buries his face on her neck, he took steady breaths to control his heart to calm down; her heavy breathing was music to his ears and her scent was calming him down. He props himself up a couple inches with his right arm and used his left hand to trap her face and pressed kisses on her already swollen lips, he felt her smile.

“I take that as a yes, you will give me a chance?” he says huskily. He looks down at her to find her looking up at him with dark eyes; she bites her lip and slowly nods her head.

He grins and swoops down for a kiss and lowers himself downs next to her and nuzzles her cheek. He was smiling widely when her arms went around him and snuggled closer, he sighs contentedly, he closed his eyes.

Victoria moved her head she smiles at his closed eyes, she pats his arm; “You must be tired, best you get home so you can get some rest.” She whispers to him.

Nichkhun popped one eye open and lifted his brow, she giggles and moved an inch for a kiss. She giggles some more when his hand went up her nape and kept her there. He laughs and presses his forehead against hers, “I don’t want to go anywhere.” He whines and then pouts for good measure.

Victoria laughs, “Did you learn that from Krystal?”

He grins, “Yes, I saw it so many times you can’t help but mimic.” At her laugh he pressed his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter