Change

My Finest Hour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Victoria was finding it hard to breathe; she looks at the copy of the sonogram in her hand and willed it to disappear into thin air, for it to be an illusion. She opens but she couldn’t hear what she was saying. Suddenly the walls started to spin around her and she had only one choice, she needs to get out of his office and gets some air, her brain was screaming for her to get away.

She almost stumbled when she picked her purse from the floor; she dropped it in her struggle to pull away Nichkhun from that woman. She took deep painful breaths and walks out, the moment she reached the hallway she felt slightly better, she wanted to run for it but she didn’t want to attract attention, so she walked briskly towards the bank of elevators.

She was almost there when she noticed she was already crying, the floor tilted precariously underneath her she reached her arms out to grab for the wall. She pushed the down button frantically; she refuses to break down here where people can see.

Victoria lets out a relieved breath when the elevator door opens, she rights herself up and walks in and immediately pushed for the basement parking lot, and she leans back as she fought for calm, gasping for air and biting her lips to strangle down a sob. She was already feeling grateful when the door starts to close when a hand pulled it open and Nichkhun forced himself inside.

Victoria shrunk away from him when he tried to reach for her.

“Love, don’t!” Nichkhun gathers her in his embrace, she finally breaks down.

 

 

“What are we going to do?” she sobs in his neck quietly. She felt like her bones were suddenly turned into jelly, she starts to sag against him and her breath came out in gasps. Her arms around him went lax and her vision out.

Nichkhun tightens his hold around her when she started to sag against him; he panicked when she passed out in his arms. Her head rolls back and he had to secure it up with his hand.

“Babe!” he calls out to her frantically, “God, no! Victoria!” he then picks her up, “Love, open your eyes.” He pleaded soothingly; he kisses her cheek, “Babe! Can you hear me? Wake up.” the elevator opens to the basement parking lot and a surprised staff waiting for his ride up rushes in and starts asking him if he needs any help.

 

 

Nichkhun had to explain that his girlfriend fainted, with the help of the man who picked up Victoria’s purse from the elevator floor, he walks out and in his relief saw his car parked by the entrance and a valet rushed to open the passenger door for him. Nichkhun sets Victoria in the passenger seat and secures the seatbelt around her, he reached up to touch her face and he was greatly relieved when she moved and quietly groans.

“Hush, Love, I’m right here, we’re going home.” he plants a kiss on her temple before backing out, he thanks the men who helped him and hurried to the driver’s side and drove off for his condo.

He was not sure how he did it, but Nichkhun was amazed that he was able to drive them safely to his place while he worried for the woman next to him in the car. He kept hold of her hand all throughout the drive, he talks to her unconscious form to assure her, he’d already called his doctor to meet them up in his condo; he wanted to make sure she was alright.

 

 

He stayed by the bedside while the doctor checked on Victoria, he arrived at the same time they did. Nichkhun thought this must be his punishment, he did this to her. He kept pacing while the doctor checked on Victoria’s vitals, finally the man nods and puts away his equipment; he motions at Nichkhun that they talk outside the room. Nichkhun only follows him out after arranging the covers on Victoria.

“Don’t worry, Buck.” The doctor pats his back and smiles at the worried man in front of him, “she must have been under stress lately, she will wake up soon. I didn’t find anything wrong; herblood pressure is back to normal. Try not to agitate her anymore. I will have my nurse come back and take the IV off her in a few hours. Let her get some rest.” With a thank you from Nichkhun, the doctor left with his nurse in tow.

 

 

Nichkhun walks back to his bedroom and sits by Victoria’s side; he cradles her hand and leans down to plant a kiss on her forehead. “I love you.” He whispers to her, he runs his fingertips over her brows. She does that all the time to him, whenever he is in agitated over work and doesn’t realize he is already frowning, she smiles and runs her fingers over his brows in a feather-like touch and instantly his worries melts away while she talks to him, cheering him on.

He lowers himself on the bed and lies down beside her, holding her close, her even breathing music to his ears. He is not going back to work for the rest of the afternoon, he already called his assistant and she told him she will take care of it.

 

 

He still can’t believe the events that happened in hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter