Last To Know

My Finest Hour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Nichkhun decided to forego his morning run in favor of getting to Victoria’s right away, he stopped at a bakery and picked up some breakfast pastry, he wanted to impress her at some point. He wants to show her that he can handle making breakfast at the very least. When he arrived he opened the front door with the set of keys he got from her in case of emergencies. He walks in to an empty living room and he found it odd that the house was still quiet. He tries the kitchen only to find it also empty, he puts down the packages on the counter. He decided to go on up and check on them.

He knocked on her bedroom door and waited, he frowned when he didn’t hear anything, he tried again, this time he heard the baby cooing form the other side. He tried the knob and was relieved to find that the door was not locked; he opened the door slowly and called out Victoria’s name. As he opened the door he saw Nicholas on the bed sitting up and playing with his hands, his heart dropped to the floor to see Victoria still sprawled on the bed, unconscious. He walks in hurriedly and approached the bed; the baby looks up and smiles up at him making an excited sound.

Nichkhun kneeled by Victoria’s side of the bed, “Hi Buddy.” He calmly greets the baby, he was actually worried, usually Victoria would be already awake and since the baby is with her on the bed he found it alarming that she was still asleep. He worriedly brushed the hair covering part of her face and leaned closer, when he saw her breathing he took a deep calming breath and pressed his forehead on her hair.

“Thank God!” he murmured, he couldn’t help it he nuzzles her cheek. Nicholas giggles suddenly, Nichkhun looks up and gives his nephew a smile, “You like that don’t you buddy?” he whispers to him, “Shall I give her another kiss?” he asks the baby with laughter in his voice.

Nicholas grinned, Nichkhun took that as an affirmative, he chuckles and wraps an arm around her and then pressed a kiss on her cheek. He was delighted when Victoria moved and snuggled closer to him; he grinned and pressed another kiss on her forehead this time. He winked at the baby and he got the little guy laughing.

He silently laughs, he pressed a finger on his lips; he stands and leans over to pick up the happy baby, “Let’s allow her to sleep Nicky.” He tells his nephew, he felt the diaper and winced, “You need to get changed.” He says to the baby as he marched to the bathroom where Victoria had the changing table set up.

He successfully changed the baby although he could tell that Nicholas was getting annoyed by his turtle speed on the procedure. He was just applauding himself for completing the task when he heard Victoria’s frantic scream from the bedroom.

“Nicholas!”

Nichkhun picks up the baby and hurriedly walks out of the bathroom, “He is with me, Babe.” He says to a frantic looking woman on the bed.

Victoria’s eye widened at the sight of Nichkhun but was suddenly relieved when she saw the baby in his arms; she held her arms up for the baby and snatched him the moment he was in her reach. She held the baby close and tries to control her rapid breathing.

Nichkhun saw how scared she was when he walked out with Nicholas in his arms, he cringed; he forgot that Victoria doesn’t expect him to be up here right now.

“I’m sorry, you were still asleep and he needed changing so I took him. I got worried when I got here and you two weren’t downstairs so I came up just to check if you guys were alright.” He was explaining to her in a soothing voice.

Victoria nods, she still had her eyes closed as she tried to slow down her breathing; she was horrified when she woke up to find the baby gone by her side, she distinctly remembers she slept with the baby last night next to her, she was frantically looking for him and she thought that the baby feel off the bed when she saw that the crib was still empty, she screamed when she saw her bedroom door wide open, a terrifying vision that the baby was abducted flashed before her eyes.

She opened her eyes and shifted the baby to check on him, she saw him staring up at her for a moment and then smiles sweetly. She finally smiles and kisses him on both cheek, “Good morning, my love.” She nuzzles his cheeks and then rubs her nose with his tiny one. When the baby giggled she smiles widely.

“I’m sorry.” Nichkhun starts again, he gulped when Victoria looked up at him darkly.

“Don’t’ ever do that again! I was horrified when I opened my eyes and saw him gone, are you trying to kill me with a heart failure?!” she hissed, her eyes shooting lasers at him. She was peeved when he suddenly grinned and lowers himself on the bed to sit on the side.

“What?!” she hissed at him menacingly.

“Good morning! Do you know that you look absolutely beautiful right now?” he leans closer with laughter in his eyes.

Victoria gasps and remembers the state she was in; she used the baby as a shield and leaned away from him; heat was creeping up her face.

Nichkhun grins and leans back; he decided he needs to be careful. He clears his throat, “Let me take him downstairs and get breakfast started. You can follow us down when you are ready.”

He stands up and leans down to take Nicholas from her, he kept his eyes level with hers and slyly grins when he turns around and walks out of her bedroom, he chuckles when he distinctly hears her exclaim a horrified ‘oh my gosh’. He couldn’t un-see what he saw back there, he was putting all his efforts in keeping from pouncing at her while she was berating him earlier, she looked so inviting in her black tank top and he saw legs that went on forever after getting a glimpse of cotton short-shorts with pastel colored cupcakes all over it. With her hair all tousled and her skin looking so soft he was tempted to join her on the bed.

He grins when he saw her blush at his compliment; if she wouldn’t think of him in the worst way he could have grabbed her and kissed her until she finally realized how much he more than likes her. He deeply sighs; he doesn’t know how much longer he can take this, he sometimes wonder if something is wrong with him, he never had to try this hard to impress the opposite . He grins at his nephew as he straps him in his bouncer and takes it to the kitchen table so he can keep his eye on him while he prepares breakfast.

He was just finished setting up the table for two when Victoria walks in the kitchen wearing a grey V-neck short sleeved shirt and faded skinny jeans and her hair was brushed up in a messy ponytail.

He smiles at her, “Breakfast is almost ready, come and sit down.” He turns to fetch the milk for Nicholas.

Victoria takes the bottle from him, “Let me do that.” She says to him, she was avoiding his eyes and busied herself with Nicholas.

Nichkhun stops and watched her with Nicholas, he grins and walks away to finish their plates. He roasted tomatoes with the sausages and fried eggs as today’s breakfast menu; those were the only things he could manage without supervision. He takes the plates and sets them on the table with a flourish. He saw Victoria’s eyes widen at the fare, he smiles indulgently and fetched their coffee.

“Okay, let’s eat. I’m starving.” He says as soon as he sits down with the coffees.

“I thought you said that you don’t cook.” She says to him suspiciously, her brow arched.

Nichkhun smiles, “I didn’t. I learned by watching you.” He simply said.

“Really?” she was not convinced.

“Yup,” he nods, “don’t you know that I watch you all the time?” he says to her innocently.

Victoria suddenly blinked and then turned her attention back to Nicholas; Nichkhun hid his mirth by taking a sip from his coffee. She is still

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter