Recent

My Finest Hour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Well?”

Victoria blinked up at the reflection of the woman beside her in the mirror, “Well what?”

Se Young chuckles, she continues to wash her hand. They already finished dinner and is just waiting for dessert so they both excused themselves from the men to visit the washroom, she took this opportunity to talk to her friend.

“I want to know what you think of Nichkhun?” she said as she wipes her hand dry.

Victoria shrugged her shoulders delicately, “He is nice enough.” She tossed the paper towel into the waste bin and checked her hair.

Se Young smiles as she shakes her head, “You’ve never changed, you are still the same Victoria I know, still very complacent. You still insist on being indifferent of things around you as long as they don’t concern you and your family.”

“And friends.” Victoria added with a grin. “And I don’t know what you are talking about, you asked how I find him and I told you the truth.” She slyly smiles, “While you, my darling friend have changed a lot!” she giggles, “I can’t believe my eyes earlier when I saw you approach, who would have thought that the tomboy I grew up with who always insisted in wearing pants everywhere is now an elegant lady!”

Se Young grinned, “You just said it; I grew up!” they giggled.

 

“Let’s go back before they barge in here and try to look for us.” Se Young rolls her eyes and snickered as she pulled Victoria along with her to exit the ladies room. She had been observing her friend all throughout dinner; she had missed her a lot. She grew up with the three cousins in the same neighborhood, Miranda had been her own babysitter at one time and when she grew up, as a preteen; she along with Victoria would babysit Krystal. When her father, a diplomat, was assigned back to Korea when she was fourteen years old, the separation was a painful one for her and her friend. Except for the times when Victoria spent summer with her grandparents here, they were barely able to keep in touch as much as they wanted, but now things are back to what they were. Her boyfriend told her about Nichkhun’s feelings towards her childhood friend and she is very satisfied, Nichkhun is very dear to her not only because he is the bestfriend of her man but because he is a great guy. She already decided that she will help in the match although her loyalty will always be with her bestfriend.

She grinned at the two waiting at their table.

 

“There you are, we thought you had decided to ditch us.” Wooyoung complained, “What took you so long?”

“Relax man, they are always like that, they take a lot of time in front of a mirror.” Nichkhun said with a smirk.

Victoria lifted her brow at Se Young, “Of course you would know that.” She muttered to the man beside her. Nichkhun sobered while Wooyoung coughed to cover his grin.

“I didn’t mean anything with what I said!” Nichkhun said defensively, when he pouted; Victoria shook her head, “Yeah, sure.” She said in an indulgent tone, Se Young giggles and shared a knowing look with Victoria. Victoria smiles and nudged a pouting Nichkhun, his face broke into a smile and he nudged her back, the other couple laughed.

“You two look so cute together.” Se Young remarked, her eyes on the two, “Isn’t that right, hon.” She leans to her boyfriend side, Wooyoung wrapped his arms around her, “I agree, they do look great together!” he smirks, “You guys should date!”

Victoria choked on her water, Nichkhun glared at the pair in front of him while he pats Victoria’s back, “Are you okay?” he asks worriedly.

Victoria coughed and then giggles, she nods at him, “I’m fine.” She assures him. She dabs the corner of her lips

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter