Emancipation

My Finest Hour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Tiffany was trying her best to look composed and happy in front of all their guest but it was proving to be difficult, she had been scanning the crowd for her friends but she couldn’t find them at the moment, she saw Taeyeon earlier talking to a bunch of their school friends but Nichkhun ordered her to stay by his side. She was greatly relieved when he left to talk to his friends but he was entrusted in the care of his mother, she had been stuck in between her mother and Vera, her face was starting to get numb from smiling endlessly and being gracious with all the congratulations and best wishes she was getting from every person in the ballroom. Meanwhile Nichkhun had disappeared after meeting his friends.

 

Vera noticed that Tiffany looked decidedly pale next to her mother and also the girl was not really in the room, she doubts she even knows what happening around her; it concerned her, “Tiffany dear, are you feeling alright? Do you need anything?” she reached out and touched the girls arm.

“Oh, I’m fine Aunty.” Tiffany tried to smile, but the stress was evident in her face.

“What is it, darling?” her mother asks worriedly, “Are you feeling faint? Do you want to step out for a bit? I will take you.” Elvira suggested.

“No, Mom, you stay here, I will just go to the powder room.” Tiffany pats her mother’s hand that was on her arm; with a slight bow she excused herself from her parents and Nichkhun’s.

 

Tiffany hurried to the women’s washroom and leaned on the sink, she bites at her lips and willed herself not to cry because Nichkhun told her not to make anybody suspicious, but she couldn’t take it anymore. She looks up at the mirror and had to gasp at her reflection. She looked awful, she swallows back a sob and grits her teeth in frustration, this was supposed to be the happiest night of her life; the party was to announce her engagement to the man she had fought to get and won, but it turned into a nightmare she desperately wants to wake up from.

 

The look in Nichkhun’s eyes when he confronted her in her bedroom scared her, the intensity of his loathing for her was not even the least concealed, and the way he talked to her with so much brashness almost brought her to her knees in horror. When he made her look into their reflection side by side she saw the person she created, he was no longer the kind and gentle man she once knew. The evil glint in his eyes and the way he seems to enjoy tormenting her almost ripped out a fearful scream off . The thing that devastated her the most was the repulsive way he looks at her, gone were the tender looks and the smiling eyes he once bestowed upon her. He was no longer the man she so desperately wanted, she fears him now. All her hard work was for nothing, this is not whay she wanted, she wants the old Nichkhun back, but he is gone.

 

Tiffany rushed to a nearby stall and locked herself in, she sags on to the toilet seat and struggles not to let out a sob but her tears were not obedient, they fell in torrents and her chest felt like it was being crushed, she finally lets go and screams in agony. She cries in her hands but suddenly realized she can’t look undone because Nichkhun will get mad at her, he explicitly told her not to cause a scene tonight, she furiously wiped her tears but more came to take its place, she panicked and rushed out of the stall intending to fix her make up only to see a stunned looking Vera standing by the sink. She pales.

“Tiffany!” Vera exclaims, she hurries to her side, “Are you alright?”

Tiffany shrinks from her touch but she was unable to hide the tears in her eyes.

“Are you hurt? Is it the baby?!” Vera was frantic, she checks the trembling woman in front of her. “What is it?! Tell me?!” when she didn’t get a reply from her she decided, “Let’s get you to the hospital!” urgency was in her voice.

“What happened?!”

They both turned to see Tiffany’s mother looking alarmed in the washroom doorway, Elvira rushed to her daughter’s side.

Vera shook her head, “I’m not sure but I heard her scream, I think she’s in pain.” She tells her friend.

“Oh no!” Elvira paled; she looks at her daughter and draws her in her arms, “Is it the baby, my sweet? Where does it hurt?”

“We have to get her to the hospital!” Vera tells her, “Let’s go!”

 

They were guiding a still shocked Tiffany who couldn’t even speak at this moment, out of the washroom when they saw Nichkhun walking towards them; he suddenly breaks into a run.

“What happened?” he asks.

Tiffany looks up ad gasps when he looked directly at her and his eyes were cold. Their mothers didn’t notice since she had their attention.

“I think there is something wrong, she’s in pain!” Vera says frantically, “Lets’ get her to the hospital!”

By now Max and John had also approached looking worriedly at the frantic women; Nichkhun’s friends were also rushing towards them while Siwon walks towards them in a leisurely pace.

Nichkhun turns to Junho, “Can you call your Aunt, tell her it’s an emergency. Tiffany is in pain!” he injected urgency in his voice although he still refused to touch her at this point; he couldn’t anyway since both their mothers got her in their arms.

“Gotcha!” Junho nods and whips out is phone and pressed a number.

“What can we do?!” Wooyoung inquires worriedly.

“We have to get her to the hospital!” Elvira says urgently.

“I’ll go and get a car ready!” Jun.K volunteers and hurries out.

“Everybody calm down!” Max commands, “She’ll be fine, here let me take her to the car.”

“We have to get an ambulance!” Vera insisted, “There might be something wrong with the baby!”

 

“Tiffany, are you alright?!”

Tiffany whips her head up and saw a worried Taeyeon a few feet away from them and with a sob she breaks free from the arms that were holding her and ran straight to her. She grabs for her bestfriend and held on for dear life, she sobs in her embrace.

“What happened?” Taeyeon asks worriedly and rubs her back; she turns back on the worried look of the group she was in, “What going on?”

“She is in pain, we have to get her to a hospital, something may be happening to the baby.” Elvira tells her.

Taeyeon froze for a moment and then lowers her eyes to the floor; she couldn’t bear to look at them in her shame. She takes a deep breath and pulls her friend away, she cups Tiffany’s face she almost burst into tears at the look of fear in her face, she nods encouragingly, “Tiff, you have to tell them.” she tells her slowly, “This has to stop right now.”

Tiffany shakes her head furiously; “NO!” she bursts in tears again and freely cries this time.

“What in the world is happening here?!” Max thunders, he is losing patience and he noticed that a few guests were slowly approaching them.

“Uncle, I think it will be best if we find a private place to talk.” Taeyeon tells him calmly, she has her arms around a still crying Tiffany. She saw how confused both mothers were

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter