Convinced

My Finest Hour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Oh she is so beautiful, Unnie.” Victoria gushed in a whisper as she cradles her newest godchild; she keeps her eyes on the sleeping baby while she sways her gently in her arms. She hears Ye-Seul chuckle, she looks up and smiles, “I am so happy for you.” She moved to sit beside the baby’s mother who was still on the bed. “I bet Sang Wook-oppa is over the moon.” She looks downs at the baby and coos softly.

Ye-Seul watched as her friend seem to be mesmerized by her baby daughter, she smiles proudly, “He is, and I bet you she’s got him wrapped around her tiny finger already.” She giggles and looks down at her little angel.

Victoria laughs, “What did you name her?”

Ye-Seul laughs and peeks at her baby, “Hae Ran, her Aunty Seohyun named her.”

“It’s a lovely name.” she smiles at her friend tenderly and then looks down at her goddaughter, “Hae Ran-a, it’s a pleasure to finally meet you. I have wanted to see you for a very long time. I am your Aunty Victoria.” She pressed a feather light kiss on the baby forehead, she was surprised when a tear feel on to her cheeks.

Ye-Seul laughs and reached out to wipe the tear away, “Why are you crying, my darling.” She asks her friend worriedly.

Victoria giggles and blinks her eyes rapidly, “I am just so happy for you, Unnie.” She allows the older woman to wrap her in a hug. They both laugh.

Ye-Seul nods, “I understand, it’s the hormones, babies do that to us.” She giggles.

They both look up towards the door when it opens and in walks a very excited Krystal and smiling Seohyun. Krystal beelines for Victoria but stopped and hugs and kissed Ye-Seul in her exuberant greeting, she peers closely at the baby.

“Oh she is so tiny!” Krystal gushes excitedly, albeit in a hushed tone but her legs pumped excitedly to make up for it.

Ye-Seul laughs, “Would you like to hold her?”

Krystal’s face broke into a bright smile, “Oh! Can I?” she asks quietly, but her eyes were clearly excited.

Ye-Seul nods while she draws her sister-in-law in her arms, Seohyun was smiling widely next to her.

Victoria moved and instructed Krystal on how to hold the baby and carefully transfers the sleeping infant into Krystal’s waiting arms.

“Careful, you have to support her neck and head.” Victoria talks in a hushed voice while she arranged the baby in her cousin’s arms. She gives her a satisfied smile when Krystal did wonderfully.

“Hi there, little one.” Krystal whispers to the baby, her face displaying pure joy, “We have been waiting for you, how do you like it so far?” she beams when the baby smiles in her sleep.

“Oh she smiled at me! She likes me!” she moved to sit next to the baby’ mother as they laugh at her proud expression.

After her turn Krystal relinquished the baby to her patiently waiting Aunt. They all watched as Seohyun held the baby carefully while she sits right next to her sister-in-law, she really didn’t need to say anything, or sign because her face showed how happy she was. Ye-Seul smiles at the joy in Seohyun.

 

Ye-Seul had confessed to Victoria once that she was hesitant at getting pregnant at first because she was afraid that Seohyun, who was like a daughter to her, might feel left out but her fears were erased after she told Seohyun of her pregnancy and saw the excitement her sister-in-law’s eyes. Seohyun was with her when she went into labor, and stayed with her until her husband got to the hospital, so she got the privilege in naming her niece to which her brother didn’t oppose. Now looking at her babies, Ye-Seul felt so happy she almost feels guilty.

Her eyes wanders to the other pair in the room, her eyes softens as she watched Krystal take pictures of her daughter, the young girl was as excited as her sister-in-law in the arrival of her daughter. She still has to thank Krystal for taking Seohyun under her wing, the girl might be younger than Seohyun but she was bolder than her sister-in-law, every time Seohyun comes home after her day out with Krystal with or without her cousins, she is overflowing with stories in what she did with them. The confidence she saw growing on Seohyun was tremendous.

 Ye-Seul had to let out a sigh as she watched Victoria who was sitting at the foot of the bed, laughing with the younger two; truly her friend is amazing and the same thing is to be said with her family. The way Victoria just makes everyone feel so special and loved; the kindness she never seems to mind to give away is almost unbelievable. When that tragedy happened between Victoria and Nichkhun she was enraged. She had mourned the loss of a very loving relationship that her friend had, but she understood. She understood how Victoria dealt with all of it. Even when the engagement got called off and the wedding never happened, she understood why Victoria decided to step away from it all.

She smiles when they giggled while looking at her baby, she was just extremely glad that Victoria came back because there was no other person out there fit to be the godmother of her precious daughter. She wants her daughter to be surrounded with women just like Victoria and her cousins to influence her to be loving and kind yet brilliant and strong; she is now insured that if by any chance something bad happens to her and Sang Wook, her babies are going to be taken care of.

The giggles got interrupted when the baby’s father walks in the room with a smile on his face. He smiles widely at his wife and her guests.

 

“I have another visitor to see her.” he simply announced, he walks in further into the room to kiss his wife a greeting; he turns his head towards the door when Nichkhun walks in.

“Come in, Khun.” He smiles proudly as he takes his daughter from his sister’s arms and smiles down at her before showing him to his friend. “Meet Joo Hae Ran.” He says proudly.

 

Nichkhun greets everyone in the room, his eyes stays briefly at Victoria before he had to look down at the sleeping bundle that was on his friend’s arm and smiles, “She is very beautiful, Hyung.” He chuckles when Sang Wook beams at him, obviously pleased with what he said. “Congratulations again.” he walks toward the new mother and kissed her cheek after he puts down the flowers and the fruit basket he had with him. “You look very beautiful, Noona.” He compliments Ye-Seul.

“Thank you, Khun.” Ye-Seul blushed up at him, “Thank you for coming to visit us. These are beautiful.” She says as she looks at the flowers he brought.

“Would you like to hold her?” Sang Wook interrupts, he smiles at a now horrified Nichkhun.

“Uhm, I don’t think I should.” Nichkhun shakes his head, “It’s okay, you can carry her.”

Sang Wook laughs, “It’s alright, she is not going to break, just don’t drop her.”

“Don’t scare him!” Ye-Seul laughs while scolding her husband. “Go on, Khun, it’s fine. She needs to meet her godfather after all.”

“Ah, are you sure?” he asks Sang Wook worriedly, his eyes darted towards Victoria, she gave him an encouraging smile, “Okay, just tell me what to do first.” He almost forgot to breathe when the baby was transferred to his stiff waiting arms. Sang Wook laughs and made sure that his daughter was safe, “Breathe, Khun. Relax, look at her she is fine, she likes you.”

Nichkhun finally smiles, the baby’s mouth moved and he was instantly mesmerized, “She is so tiny.” He gushed. “Hi there.” he says to the baby in a hushed tone.

A phone started to ring and Victoria stands up from her seat at the foot of the bed as she whips out her phone, she looks at it before looking up to find all eyes were on her, she smiles, “Sorry, it’s Unnie, I have to take this.” at their nod she walks out of the room to take her call.

Krystal was the next one to stand up, she shared a look with Seohyun and the girl also stands up, “We’re going to get something at the gift shop.” She kept her eyes away from Nichkhun, “Well come back later.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter