Destroyed

My Finest Hour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Miranda walks into the office to find her cousin on the phone, she puts down the file in her hand and picks up the clipboard with the inventory list. She looks at Victoria as she finished with her call.

“Is something the matter?” she asks.

Victoria nods, “Nichkhun has asked me out for dinner tonight. He said he needs to tell me something important.”

Miranda shrugs, “Okay.” She was just about to walk out when she remembers, “What of Nicholas?”

“His father is going to take him to visit his mom.” Victoria informs her, “He’s going to drop him off at the house later.”

Miranda just nods, “Everything is settled then, you take your time with your dinner date, I’ll take care of the baby.” With that she finally walks out of the office. She pauses just outside the closed door and takes a deep breath, Victoria may be hiding something from her but she already knows of it. She accidentally heard them talking last night, the threat he told Victoria about just confirmed her fears, and things are going to get really bad. She swallows the bitter feeling and heads towards the kitchen, it’s not her place to meddle with things, and she’ll be available when she is needed.

 

 

Nichkhun smiles when Victoria emerged from her office and greeted him with a kiss.

“Sorry, I was just wrapping up a phone call. Did you wait long?” she asks breathlessly.

He shakes his head, “No, I just got here.”

Her smile made him feel slightly better, “Let’s go.”

She nods and allowed him to guide her out of the shop. He takes her to the car and assisted her in getting in, he took his time going to the driver side, and he wanted this night never to end.

 

“Where are we going?” Victoria was curious.

“Somewhere special.” He simply says and picks up her hand and kisses it.

Victoria just smiles at him and leans back happily in her seat. She talks about her day and told him stories of what transpired in her shop.

Nichkhun listens to her chatter, he wants to remember her voice although he couldn’t possibly forget it if he tried, the way she talks about things she is passionate about brings out this childish eloquence in her that while you are listening you can’t help but smile and be happy. He risked a glance towards her and saw how happy she looked. She spies him looking at her and she smiles brightly at him.

He takes a deep breath and smiles back, he kept her hand in his all throughout the drive, when he turned into an upslope Victoria got curious and was suddenly looking around her.

“Where are we going?” she asks again.

He couldn’t help but grin, “I told you, it’s special and it’s a surprise.”

He pulls up at a beautifully lighted villa and saw her jaw dropped at the sight of it. Nichkhun chuckles and undid his seatbelt and swiftly engulfed her in his arms and kissed her gaping mouth, he smiles when she giggles.

“We’re here.” He says to her hair.

He lets go of her and hurries out of the car to help her out.

Victoria was smiling when a he lead her into the villa that turned out to be a restaurant. She was slightly surprised to find it empty though. She turns to him, “Are you sure they are open tonight?”

He laughs and pulls her closer, “I reserved the whole place just for us.” He smiles widely when she blushed. They were greeted by a smiling staff that led them to their table, it was the only one set for two and it was on a raised dais that had floor to ceiling windows wrapped around the corner of the building and it provided a sparkling view of Seoul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter