Easier

My Finest Hour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

The day was proving to be easy for Miranda, she had just managed to finalize two contracts for the dessert shop in a span of three days; she smiles triumphantly as she finished typing the last contract. It was getting easier for her that she in now thinking of expanding the business. She taps her pen on her notepad and before adding an entry about looking into a possible creation of the dessert shop into a brand. She was up for a new challenge and she is thinking this might be it. She hears a knock on the office door.

“Come in.” she calls out before looking up, her smile faded when she saw who it was.  She looks down at the desk and sighs to keep from frowning.

“Good afternoon, Miranda.”

“Come in Nichkhun, have a seat.” Miranda gestures at the chair by her desk, she might as well face him since he had wanted to talk to her since she arrived back in Seoul three days ago. As soon as he was seated she asks if he needed something to drink but he politely declines, she shrugs her shoulders. “What can I do for you?” she gave him a certain look, a hint telling him to get to the point.

Nichkhun sighs, “I am here to talk to you about Victoria. I would like to know where she is.”

Miranda leans back on her chair, she shrugs her shoulders delicately again, “I don’t know.” She simply says.

Nichkhun closed his eyes for a moment before looking back at her, “Please Miranda, I just want to know how she is?” he didn’t hide the pleading in his voice, “I want to make sure that she is alright.”

Miranda didn’t even blink, “I can tell you right now that she is alright, so don’t worry about her.” her voice calm and controlled. “She is doing great where she is; you should do the same too. I will tell her you dropped by when she calls. That I can do for you but don’t expect something to come out of it.”

“How can you not know where she is, if you are telling me that she is alright? I want to talk to her; I want to tell her what had happened.” Nichkhun at this point doesn’t know what else to say to the woman to let her know how desperate he is. “I want to hear her voice, please allow me that.”

Miranda sighs after looking away for a moment. Nichkhun thought she was finally conceding but he was wrong, the look she gave him told him clearly. No.

She shakes her head slowly at him and her eyes cold, “Even if I know where she is right now, what makes you think I will tell you?”

A chill went down his spine, she didn’t raise her voice but it felt like it would be better if she did. He was left with no other choice.

“Please Miranda, I am begging you. I want to make things right, I want to tell her that everything had been resolved, Tiffany had already admitted that I never touched her and the baby was not mine.” Nichkhun had moved closer to the desk.

Miranda shakes her head, “None of it matters now. It’s none of Victoria’s concern. You broke up with her. You ended it.” Miranda’s eyes were sharp as she says each word.

Each statement felt like a punch to his gut, he had to take a deep breath to keep from crying out loud.

Miranda slowly stands up, “When you chose that woman for the sake of your company; you lost the right to come in here and demand to know where my cousin is.” Her eyes narrows at him, “You broke her heart in more ways than one and you waltz in here thinking that I will allow you to come near her again?!” she hissed and venom was in her eyes, “Who do you think you are?!”

Nichkhun pales at the anger she was showing him, the worst part of it all she has yet to raise her voice at him, “I admit I made the wrong decisions, but I have never wanted to hurt her.”

“But you did! And not just once, you broke her heart over and over again. You made her trust you each time but you just crushed her at every turn.” Miranda had to pause to breathe, she was losing her control and she can’t allow that to happen, “Leave and never come back. Do us all a favor and stay away from us.” She tells him evenly, “I have been patient all this time, I thought you were different but I was clearly wrong.” She walks around and opens the door of the office for him, “I would like you to leave now, please. We have nothing more to talk about.”

Nichkhun found it hard to stand up and walk towards the open door.

“Miranda, please.” he begs, “I just want to hear her voice, I miss her so much. I love her. You have to believe me; I didn’t mean to hurt her. It was hard for me too.” He stands in front of her, “I know you are mad at me right now and I will take all your anger, I know I broke the promise I gave you that I will take good care of her, but I never stopped loving her.” his voice cracked, “Please.”

Miranda refused to look at him, “Like I said earlier, it’s no longer our concern. she was the one who decided to leave and we support her.” she paused and although her eyes were still cold she turns and looks at him, “I will tell her you dropped by if she lets me, now leave.” She looks away.

Nichkhun sadly nods, “Thank you.” He walks out of the shop with a heavy heart, as expected he didn’t get even an inch from Miranda, and Victoria’s friends wouldn’t even talk to him too.

 

It had been seven days since he found out that Victoria left and in all those days he is beside himself

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter