Excited

My Finest Hour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Victoria schooled her face to look calm as she answered the callous question Tiffany threw at her, she was irritated by the other woman’s boldness; clearly the woman’s presence was unwelcomed by her table companions so she decided to play her game. She felt Nichkhun stiffen beside her and looked shocked for a moment, he gave her a fleeting puzzled look when she turned to him with a sweet smile and he then slowly smiles and gathers her closer in his arms and with a glint of mischievousness in his eyes nuzzles her cheek. When Victoria tried to move away from him he hugged her closer, so she was left with no other choice but to look back at the woman.

“It’s very recent though, only a week,” Victoria turns to Nichkhun, “Isn’t that right, Babe?”

Victoria saw in her peripheral vision Se Young hide her grin by taking a sip of her wine and then looking down and Wooyoung was staring intently at his cake with a small smile on his lips. She felt Nichkhun pull her even closer and then propped his chin on her shoulder and she turns to him to find him smiling at her with his eyes twinkling with amusement, she was not able to hold back, she giggles.

“That‘s right,” he looks up at Tiffany, “it has only been a week.” He turns back to Victoria, “But it feels so much longer, Babe.” He said to her and buried his nose in her hair.

 

Nichkhun grins, the nickname rolled off his tongue effortlessly and he likes it very much. He can’t believe what is happening but he is not backing off any time soon, he is actually enjoying it now. When Tiffany suddenly appeared next to him, he felt like a pit started to form in his stomach making him feel uncomfortable. After all this time he had thought that already gotten over her leaving him in favor of her modeling career. When he felt a warm hand cover his all his apprehensions suddenly faded away, one look at Victoria’s worried eyes had him feeling better. The moment she blurted out that she was his girlfriend, although he knows she was just putting his ex-girlfriend in her place, his heart jumped for joy. So after an encouraging look from Wooyoung, he comfortably wrapped his arms around Victoria and kept his eyes only at her.

 

Tiffany pasted a smile on her face and nodded, “Oh, is that right. Congratulations!” She kept her voice calm in the midst of the fury lurking in her eyes, she turns her attention to the other couple since Nichkhun seemed to have forgotten she was standing right there since he had turned all his attention to his girlfriend. “Happy birthday again, Wooyoung.” She smiles sweetly at the other man and then gave Se Young a curt nod and then turned to the sweet couple, “I have to go back to our table, my friends are getting bored.” She gave Victoria an indulgent smile, “I hope to see you again soon.” She waved a final goodbye and then left for her table.

 

After Tiffany was sure to be out of earshot, Se Young suddenly giggles and reached to shake Victoria’s hand to which the latter eagerly reciprocated as she smiles wickedly.

“You haven’t lost your touch! I told you a long time ago that you could make a lot of money in acting!” Se Young grinned as she secretly checks out the other table; Tiffany was smiling sweetly at her companions, making conversation.

Victoria laughs, “Remind me next time I get in dire need of funds.” The two burst out laughing and clinked glass. She turns to Nichkhun who was staring at her intently.

“Oh don’t worry, we can break up in an hour.” She rolls her eyes at him and smirks. “we can say that we fought because of her.”

Nichkhun smirks back at her, “I am not complaining, did you hear me complain?” he had removed his arm around her and draped it at the back of her chair but he was still leaning towards her. He laughs when she stuck her tongue at him.

Wooyoung chuckles, “I still can’t believe it happened, I have never known anyone who stood up to Tiffany Hwang and still be unaffected.” He looks at Victoria with renewed awe written on his face.

Se Young giggles, “Then you have to meet Miranda-unnie and Krystal, then you can look awestruck all you want.” She shared a knowing look with Victoria and the two ended up laughing again.

Victoria took a sip from her wine glass and then smiles, “So are you guys going to tell me what is the deal with her, it was clear you were not happy to see her. Spill it.”

Se Young shook her head, “You need to get Nichkhun to tell you, it’s his story to tell not ours.” She smiles, “besides you need to get more acquainted with your new boyfriend.” She nudged Wooyoung and then giggles.

Wooyoung smirks, “That is right, you two should spend time together to keep the spark alive.” He wiggles his brows at the two.

Victori

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter