Celebrate

My Finest Hour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Have you eaten? What did you eat?” Victoria waited for Krystal’s reply, she grinned she could just imagine the girl rolling her eyes at her rapid questions.

“Unnie, stop it! I am not a baby anymore!”

Victoria chuckles, she was cradling the phone on her left shoulders while she tries to put on one of her earrings, “I just wanted to know what you ate. What is wrong with that? I heard they have the best seafood over there and I wanted to know what you tried so far.” She checks herself on the mirror; she was ready for the dinner out with Nichkhun and his friends.

“We had a bunch of stuff, I cannot remember what they were, and they were not that good anyway, your seafood bake was better.”

Victoria smiles at her cousins reply, “Alright I will let you go now, remember to call me as soon as you get back to your cabin and do not forget to call unnie.”

“Yes, I will! Talk to you later, give Nicky a kiss for me and you have fun on your night out. Oh who is looking after Nicky while you are out?”

“Aunty Ho Sook is going to stay until I get back, it should only be for a few hours, and it’s just dinner.” Victoria said distractedly, she was putting her essentials on an evening clutch that matched her outfit.

“Oh okay, but unnie,” Krystal paused, “Remember what Miranda-unnie said.”

Now it was Victoria who rolled her eyes, “I remember, princess, you don’t have to remind me.”

“Promise?”

“Yes, I promise, now go and have fun yourself, remember to call me alright? I will pick you up tomorrow at the airport.”

“Yes, alright already! Sheesh!”

“Don’t use that tone with me, young lady!” Victoria said with a warning tone.

“Bye unnie! I love you!” Krystal said hurriedly before she hung up.

 

Victoria frowned at the phone for a moment before she chuckles; she shakes her head, even up until now her cousin still expertly dodges any reprimand. She sighs her obvious defeat and gave herself another once over before she was satisfied and picks up her scarf and her coat and walks out of her dressing room and tiptoes to Nicholas’ crib, she tucks his blanket around him securely and caressed his cheek before she straightened up and quietly walked out of her bedroom keeping the door half open so that their housekeeper can hear him even if the baby monitor was already activated. She walks down the stairs and was surprised to see Nichkhun in the living room reading a health magazine.

“Oh, I didn’t know you were already here.” She said to him with a smile, “You should have had me informed, I took my time talking to Krystal on the phone.”

Nichkhun smiles, “No don’t worry, I was a bit early, we still have enough time. Is Nicky already asleep?”

Victoria nods, “Yes, he was barely awake when I changed him into his pajamas, he must have had an exciting day at daycare.” She giggles, “You can go up and check on him.” She suggested.

Nichkhun laughs, “I missed that, I am sorry I was not able to pick him up today.”

“Oh it’s fine, the shop was not busy all day today so I was able to sneak out early than usual,” she smiles, “you go on up, I will just talk to Aunty and give her the restaurant’s phone number just in case she needs to get hold of me, do you have it?” she waited for him to write down the phone number and as soon as he finished she went to the kitchen to talk to their housekeeper while he went up to her room to look into Nicholas.

 

Nichkhun tiptoed into Victoria’s bedroom and stopped by his nephew’s crib, he smiles at the peaceful sleeping form of the baby and reached down to caress his chubby cheek, “Good night, buddy. I will see you tomorrow.” He whispered and then quietly walks out of the room.

He was excited for tonight; he is taking her out to dinner with Wooyoung and his girlfriend. His bestfriend had been nagging him for days, since its Wooyoung’s birthday; it was used as an excuse to get her to agree to go with him. The truth was he begged her to come, he complained that he feels like a third wheel whenever he  goes out with them, so she agreed.

He had been imaging what she will look like when she is dressed up, she had always looked great in her casual outfits. He was not disappointed, when he looked up from his seat in the living room as she walks down the stairs he stopped breathing for a few moments, when she started talking to him he was trying to get his wits back together to formulate the proper response. She was wearing a black cocktail dress with a simple silhouette but her curves made it spectacular.

 

He walks down in time to see Victoria and the housekeeper walk into the living room.

“You just need to keep an ear out for him; he usually sleeps soundly but just in case he wakes up, just give him his bottle. I should be back in a few hours but if you need me call me right away on my phone.” She was telling her housekeeper, she got her scarf and draped it on her shoulders.

Nichkhun shrugged on his coat and got hers for her and helped her get into it.

“You can call me on my phone too, Aunty. I wrote it at the bottom of the paper.” He told the housekeeper.

The older woman laughed, “I got it, you two. Go on and have a wonderful time, I will look after the young master.” She was almost pushing Victoria out, she turns to her, “Don’t worry, I will not hesitate to call if anything happens. Now go.”

The pair smiles and walks out the door with Nichkhun expertly guiding Victoria into his car. Ho Sook waved at the disappearing car and then went back into the house, she smiles; her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter