Still You

Still You, Just you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
. Still You .

Donghae’s POV

         “I still love you, Dara…”

 

 

         “I still love you too, Hae…”    

 

          Hearing that just puts this smile on my face, I can feel my mouth twitch upwards more and more to a wide grin, but then…

        

        "Hae..."   

 

         "Hae..."

         I felt Dara's warm hand touch my shoulder and that’s when I just came back to my senses.

 

         And back to reality.

         "Wow you've been spacing out rather long..." she says looking at me strangely with her eyebrows meeting in the middle.

         I blinked my eyes several times as they finally grasped the sudden change of scene. From our kissing turned back to the moment where I was still thinking of what to do or what to say to her. And I realized that Dara and I are still not okay. She’s still in a grumpy mood and we haven’t reconciled yet.

         Meaning all of that I just saw or happened are....

 

         ...just my imagination... 

 

         I’m so pathetic to expect things to be easy. I left her and broke my word. As if a kiss or an ‘I love you’ would fix it. But what a perfect image that was. Seriously, it was so beautiful. Dear God, why can’t it be real?

         For a few solid seconds I saw those deep round eyes look back at me, but she quickly averts them together with removing her hand off me. We were awfully quiet after, and really awkward.

         TamTam and Haeru sets as a wall between us, a wall that I can easily bridge over if I wanted to, but I don’t think I’m allowed to though.

         Her fingers were playing the nose of the red weird looking plushie, pinching it and poking it strongly. She must have missed it, it’s also been months since the last time she saw Haeru.

         I wonder if she notices how I haven’t washed it ever, I was afraid that her scent on it would be gone so I couldn’t dare bathe him no matter if he’s white tummy almost looking gray now.

         I continued to stare at her while her gaze continuously avoids mine, but I know she was just waiting for me to say a word.

          In my imagination i just said sorry... and then everything flowed from there. But now I’m attempting to do it again, I couldn’t. My mouth was open but no words are coming out of it. I didn’t know what to say first.

         My confidence, boldness and courage before were all gone ever since I lost her. And now, I couldn’t find my way back, I don’t know how I would be able to fix what I broke…

         I puckered my lips together, submerged my face on the pillow I was resting in, holding back my tears as my heart continues to throb painfully against my chest. Sht Hae… This is all your fault.

* * * *

Dara's POV

        I knew it.

         I knew there was something fishy. It was weird when Chaerin agreed that our rooms to be separated. And that exchange of glances between Dana and Bommie was truly suspicious.

         But how creative they are this time… I am very surprised to wake up next to Donghae. And to have such a kerbing prop to not let us getaway. But like all other plans they had, it still isn’t working… Hae and I are still distant and not talking.

         Donghae has been awfully quiet since after I caught him spacing out. He really did just lay there unresponsive, I stared at him and called his name so many times and no matter how much air dried his eyes he didn’t move. I thought he was dead for some reason.

         Or maybe he really was dead, something inside him died. He isn’t the Donghae I know.

        I’m actually afraid to know how he probably doesn’t like to be in this situation right now. He probably isn’t ready to face me yet; he probably needs more time apart. Maybe after learning what I did for him, it made him more confused. Aya Dara, why can’t you do things right?

         The words of se7en resound in my head... If he can’t find the way back, show him. It’s your turn to fight for him.

         I went to the wedding after considering the chance of getting back together but why is it that now were together under one roof, locked and trapped on each other's arm there's still this big giant gap between us. And despite my disappointed feelings towards him, I admit that I have a responsibility to apologize, if it wasn’t for what I did he wouldn’t be tired and give up.

         But how… How do I fix this?

         I’m used to him being the one to take the first step, now I don’t know how to make things better.

         Few more minutes passed and the sun starts to set, and the orange light that hits the bedroom windows slowly weakens. At this rate, I’m pretty sure the rehearsal dinner is soon to begin, even if we won’t be there to join them. Dana must’ve already anticipated that since she was an accomplice.

         It gets more darker and darker as time pass by. But despite that darkness, I can still see Donghae’s face clearly, not with my eyes, but with the memory in my head.

          I can picture his gentle looking eyes and warm smile. The one I always love of him. But I am not sure if I ever I would see that image again.

         I want to.

         I really do.

         Even for just a few seconds, can I see it tonight?

         I was really hopeful. But that idea is being washed away when I began hearing him sniff and breathe in deeply. *Sniff* *Sniff*

          “Are you crying?” I asked worriedly, flinching on my spot.

          He sniffs again. “Aniyo…” Sniff. “I just have a bit of a cold”

          I tilted my head up, levelling it to his face. “Sure?”

          He hummed a yes, reassuring me. Although I don’t know if it’s the truth or not, I just chose to trust it. Maybe he really was just having colds because they foolishly swam in a Fall Season.

          My free hand checks if he is properly warmed, but it turns out to that he’s got no blanket wrapped on him. I didn’t notice earlier, but the handcuffs and the sharing of bed aren’t the only thing those mischievous kids have planned.

          They really left one blanket – mine – so that we’ll share. How ingenious indeed!

          Donghae jolted the moment I scooted more over to him, squeezing the plushie dolls in the middle. “What are you doing?” he asked me, as I pulled the blanket to cover us both.

          “You need to stay warm”

          “Aniyo… It’s okay…”

          “No. It’s not… You can’t be sick tomorrow. You’re one of the groom’s men…” I said.

         Although it’s quite awkward to be in this situation, I actually really like it. Why wouldn’t I?

         I can feel his warmth, something I have been seeking for so long.

         Something I know where I belong.

         His breathing was like music to my ears, regardless of his constant sniffing, the butterflies inside me went fluttering crazy, just the thought of being with him already gives me complete joy.

         “Do you want to open the lights?” he asked suddenly, noticing how we barely can see anything now.

         “Ani...”

         “Why? Aren’t you afraid of the dark?”

         “I am...” I said briefly. “But you’re my light, aren’t you?” It may sound a little cheesy but it’s the truth, I really don’t feel any fear knowing we’re together.

         His breath sweeps on my face as he exhales deeply. “Why are you being like this? Shouldn’t you be mad at me?” he asks.  “You should atleast slap me than be kind...”

         “Slap you?” I chuckled in ridicule hearing that. Why would I slap him? I know I’m upset at him but why would I do something that will just let him astray again. I don’t want him to think I am so mad that there’s no chance for him to get back.

         I want him to return even if it takes forgetting the pain I felt during those times of waiting, I would.

          I scooted more closer to him until I felt my nose touch his. “Slapping you is the last thing I want to do now once you’re back...”

         His arms narrowed, tightening his embrace on me. “Dara... I...”

        I don’t know if it’s right to kiss him or not, but as we stayed in that stance longer, I feel the urge to do so. My hand cupped his face as I start to bridge that small gap between our lips.

         However, as usual something jumps in to interrupt us.

        A monster joins the party and loudly growls out my stomach. *grooooooowwwwwwwlllllll*~ Donghae pulls his mouth away faintly, while I shut my eyes tightly as embarrassment slowly crawled upon me. Not again.....

        The guy with me just started chuckling, acting as if we’re not in the middle of something important.

        “Ya it’s not funny” I murmured.

        With still a few chuckles coming out of him, he moves further away. “Come, we should stand up and have you fed...” he says.

         For we aren’t really chained on the bed’s railing, we can still get up and go to the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter