His Only Valentine

Still You, Just you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
. His Only Valentine .

Donghae’s POV

“I’m back”

I closed the door behind me and jumped toward the couch. I always hated this couch because I think it’s too hard and leather, but today it felt like the most heavenly couch of all.

Even if it’s only lunch, it was really tiring. What restaurant would have couches without backrests on them? This is different from when I am at home or Japan. This is fine dining, people tend to stay 3-4 hours talking about whatever and I am in leather pants! For the past hours, I have only thought “can we order backrest in here”

“How was your date with Jihyun?” Dana places a coffee on the table.

It wasn’t actually a date. It’s just that after Jihyun confessed to me and I gave my response, we have settled with an agreement. If on Valentine’s Days we’re single, we get to spend the day with each other. As good friends.

Last year went on smoothly, although she gave me a chocolate bar, it was simple, but today…

“She baked you a cake” Ken opened the box I brought home. “Goon was right you’re such a well-loved guy”

Well-loved guy. I scoffed. Half of my face was face flat on the couch, but I tilted slightly once I saw the basket of chocolates next to my coffee.

“Who’s that from?”

I saw Dana and Ken exchange glances first, signalling each other if they should tell me and who should tell. Dana elbowed Ken in the stomach and walks backward.

He still hesitates to talk. I sat up and checked on the card that’s attached to the basket ribbon myself.

Happy Valentine’s Day! Don’t think this is just for you, give these to all Super Junior okay? From Girls’ Generation. Xxx Jessica.

“It’s from Jessica” I said. Is that why they’re acting weird? “Was she here earlier?”

“Yeah…” Ken sighed in reply then he bites his bottom lip “…and so was Dara”

“Dara?” I glanced to the both of them. Did I hear it right? “Why is Dara here? Did the two meet?”

“Yea. We really didn’t know they’re coming, they just did. First Jessica, then half an hour later Dara came.” Dana tells the entire happening to me. Even the detail that they left together.

“We’re really sorry Hae. If only we knew, we could have handled it well”

I got up and wore my jacket again. I’m worried about how she could have felt.

“Where are you going?”

“I’m going to check on her…”

“Do you know where she could be?”

“It’s Jessica. Of course I know where to find her”

 

* * * *

Normal POV

The building where the girls went to has four levels aboveground. In the third level that’s where the coffee shop’s situated. Just from the looks of it outside, it must be a really nice place. And it was.

There were a number of couples inside; all too busy with their dating they don’t notice their presence.

Jessica hasn’t been saying a word since they arrive, too busy typing on her phone. Dara wasn’t sure how to feel sitting across her like this. She couldn’t wait to get over this and go home.

Jessica places down her phone and stares at Dara. “It’s nice to see you well”.  Last time they saw each other was at Kangin’s party and Dara was a drag.

“It’s nice to see you too. I like your dress, it’s pretty” Dara complimented.

“Oh really? Thank you” she smiles. “Hae oppa has really good taste, you see…”

Dara forced a smile. Does she really have to say that or is she just trying to daunt me…

Although she has an idea where this coffee is heading, she still had hoped Jessica hasn’t catch on about them. But who are we kidding, Jessica definitely has catch on.

Just the moment she saw her walk through that door, she knew she’s the one Donghae is seeing.

She knows Donghae has a crush on Dara and that they know each other since 2005. But she didn’t expect things to go so fast and well between them. Yeah he saved her, yeah he managed to bring her to the party, but to date?

Jessica takes a hold on to her mug, with her right point finger tapping on its handle. “So… Since when are you seeing each other?”

“Uhm… Since the party”

Jessica holds her breathe.

“But please don’t misunderstand…” Dara says to assure her. “Hae and I are just friends”

Hae… Jessica frowned but it wasn’t seen because of the cup covering . “Guess he has told you about me, huh?” She forces a laugh then takes a sip.

Dara stayed silent. There’s this sticky feeling building inside her stomach. So this is how it feels when you get confronted by an ex girlfriend… This is how uncomfortable Kiko would be if ever I confronted her. If ever I can pull it off.

On the other hand Jessica sits quietly and kept on observing Dara, who is stiff and obviously uncomfortable.

“I know what you’re thinking…” Jessica puckered her lips. “Look, I’m sorry if I may be scaring you, but don’t look at this like those in dramas and I’m the .”

“A…Aniyo… Of course not…” Dara waves her hand constantly.

“Good. Coz I am not. I may be Hae oppa’s ex-girlfriend but I don’t really care who he’s seeing... I just wanted to know you better that’s why I invited you for coffee.”

Dara relaxed her shoulders a bit in relief. “You didn’t invite me to talk about Hae?”

“No... But I do want to know h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter