The End of Us

Still You, Just you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
. The End of Us .

Dara’s POV

“Are you sure? I can take you if you want to”

“It’s fine. Just stay”

Jiyong sighs deeply. “Are you mad?”

“No…” Kiko says shaking her head.

“Ya… I know you…” He moves closer to her and holds her hands. “I’m sorry. I was just…”

“…really worried” Kiko ended his sentence then sighs. “Look you don’t have to explain. I completely understand… You love her…”

Her voice has a tone of sadness in it, but she still manages to put a calm face at Jiyong.

Earlier when he hugged me and I hugged him back, we didn’t realize she was actually standing next to us. And when I finally take a notice and saw her there, she was even looking at me kindly. Kindly! Even if right before her she sees her boyfriend embracing his ex tightly in worry. She’s being nice.

Although I’m thankful she wasn’t a complete about it, but who knows what she truthfully could’ve felt that time.

“Make sure to take care of her okay?” She then says in a low voice before pulling herself away from him.

“Kiko...” I hear Jiyong’s voice all so gloomy and dismayed as he watches her fix her hold on the strap of her bag, preparing to leave.

She looks at him and broke a smile. “Don’t sound like that. I’m fine… I swear…”

A stingy feeling occurred to me next when I saw Jiyong pulled her to him and kissed her. The same way he kisses me when he wants to assure me of his feelings, deep and zealous.

My heart throbbed more when I heard him say “Don’t leave me, please…” in a soft tone.

Kiko lifts her chin up to meet his gaze, moving her hands on his face, gently caressing it with eyes so loving and tender.

 “Don’t worry I won’t go anywhere. I will be here for you, as always…" she smiles "But this time you need to be with her…”

How can she say those words?  I felt a lump in my throat.

I hate how kind she is. I hate how she still cares for me when practically I’m the hindrance to their relationship now. I’m his ex come on, can’t she act like a normal girlfriend would? Why is she so understanding of him?

I hate how she can be more understanding than I am. I hate how she can be there for him when I wasn’t able to.

… I hate how I can’t be like that…

If I was her today, I’m pretty sure Ji and I will be fighting again… Yes fight, that’s always been a common thing between us. I don’t know why, the spark of love is still there but we tend to fire up in argument easily even on the simplest conflict.

These are the same reasons why I always get jealous of Kiko. I envy her. She is calm and considerate; she does not jump into conclusions ahead. If she was me months ago, would she break up with Jiyong too? Or would she give up her dreams and go with him?

From what I witness now, she probably would’ve chosen what I didn’t. She takes the risks on dating him even after only a few months breaking up with me and trusted him, despite what others may think. She stayed by his side.

The two parted with rested hearts, Kiko kissed him again for goodbye and rode the van Jiyong asked to take her with.

For a few minutes, he stayed standing in the parking area, sighing in frustration then turns around and found me behind the cement partition.

“What are you doing there?” he asks me.

“Uhm…” I was flustered it took me a while to answer. Indeed, what am I doing here?

I really didn’t actually intend to listen to their conversation; I just got from a long discussion with YG and on my way out I just happen to stumble upon them, and well… I got intrigued.

“How long have you been there?” He started walking.

“A while” I said lowly, letting him pass by me.

He didn’t say a word next while he enters the pass code on the main door machine. Silence filled the gap between us, the uneasy feeling crawling up to my body. My heart is at joy when I think about how he worried about me earlier and to know he still cares for me, but that joy is partly killed by what I’ve just witnessed.

Toot. Toot. Toot. The door slides open for us.

“Let’s go” he says telling me to re-enter the building with him.

As we walk down the hallway towards where the elevator is, we started talking.. I mean he… he started talking to me.

“So what did YG hyung told you?” He asks.

Basing on the time I was inside YG’s office, I can guarantee him it’s a pretty long talk and without doubt filled with scolding. It already took us late night and everyone has already gone home. And to think of it, maybe Jiyong and I are the only artists left in the building…

“What floor did you left your bags?” he asks, giving me his usual caring self.

“You should have gone with her. You didn’t have to wait for me and all. Manager can take me home” I said.

“Hmmm… I needed to be here in case you faint again”

Faint?

Oh crap yeah, it was the excuse to their questions I came up with. It’s the stupidest lie ever.

I said I fainted on my way back to the building and just ended up waking up in someone’s home, knowing nothing about anything else.

The story might sound strange and unbelievable… And lying may be the worst option, but it’s the only way to save me from being detained, an eternity of questions, to save GD and Kiko for causing the drama and to keep Donghae away from this complicated life all at the same time.

And it is an easy story to keep track on. Funny how they all first reacted as if I’m pregnant or or hypnotized… But they all bought my story, no matter how weird it is.

I noticed how he looked at me warmly, a glimpse of longing flashing in his eyes. I asked him why, he sighs heavily and smiled. “I’m really glad to see you’re fine”

“…and that we’re talking again”

After the days of me avoiding him, we finally came to the time where we have met again and get the chance to have the TALK.

Firstly he apologized about everything, about our argument last time, about what I saw, about making me feel bad and whatever… Then he told me about Kiko. And gave me the same reason he gave to CL. She was there for him.

I pretended to hear them for the first time. If earlier I was completely blank, now I am composed and know how to react.

“…I’m sorry… I didn’t really mean to hurt you” he said softly to me. “It’s just that…”

“Kiko makes you feel at peace now?”

He stayed silent, and I took a deep breath, looking down our feet.

“How long have you been together?”

“We’re not yet together… We’re… still… fixing the situation…”

My body suddenly felt rigid. Knowing I’m the hindrance to their relationship, it makes it clear t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter