Letting Go

Still You, Just you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
. Letting Go .

Normal POV

“I can’t believe Donghae brought her here...”

“What’s the worry, Pop?”

Heechul was sitting on the couches, watching as their President pace back and forth before him. “Seems our boy isn’t aware and worried about the rumors going on... What if they get caught huh?”

“They won’t be caught. Those two are good ninjas” he says and Leeteuk was there to agree.

The President looks at them, wondering how they can be so sure.

“If they managed to go out before without getting caught, even by us – who’s with Hae like everyday. Then I’m pretty sure they’ll pull it off well this time too”

“But eventually you found out about it”

“Yeah” Leeteuk nods his head. “But I’m pretty sure, the moment they’re caught, they’re ready to publicize and stand strong for it”

“Actually Donghae said they plan to tell the fans about the relationship, once they’re settled and going strong.” Heechul says. “They rather come out on their own than be caught and be judged”

The President shrugs his head and shoulders, not liking the idea at all. Although he’s not against it or what, most of his idols are now dating, it’s just that it’s way too early and risky.

“I’m pretty sure they’re going to accept it positively like Yoona and Seung Gi’s relationship was. They’re both kind and lovable people...”

“I know...” The man in smart casual attire, with thick lenses glasses, takes a sit on his leather big boss chair, swinging it left and right while he contemplates.

“But I don’t know why I feel uneasy about it...” he says. “Like something wrong is gonna happen”

He was gravely serious when speaking but as usual of the mischievous artists he has, Heechul and Leeteuk learned to make fun of it. “It’s the nerves, Pop”

“Signs of aging”

“You both want to be returned to the army?”

The two chuckles, shaking their head aggressively, apologetic of making fun of him.

“We’re telling you, sajangnim. They’ll be fine!”

“We can’t be too sure...” he says tugging out his phone from the inside pocket of his coat. Scrolling through his lists of contacts and dials one from the end.

 

“Nae Yang Hyun Suk. Good day!”

 

* * * *

Dara’s POV

Together we arrived at the hospital, holding hands, side by side, walking down the hallways with masks in our faces. Until we’ve reached the aisles where the private room wards are and sees someone sitting on the floor, by the door way.

“Oh you’re here!” Seungri stands up to greet us. “And so is Mr. Starks… or should I say Mr. Super Junior”

I gave Seungri a quick glare while Hae greeted him normally, knowing nothing about the colors behind that name.

“Why are you outside?”

“They kicked me out. They said I’m only saying silly things and lead up to no good” He hisses.

“But you are...” I concurred. “Is everyone inside then?”

Seungri nodded.

I turned my head at Donghae, he was just wearing this reassuring smile, that I feel slightly uncertain of. It was kind and gentle but I can’t help not to think, Is he sure of letting me go inside and face Jiyong?

It’s not that I’m completely worried about my heart being wavered, I’m actually worried if he’s really okay about it.

“It’s okay, noona. I’ll watch over him well” the maknae says, dragging Donghae away to his side, letting him sit beside him.

“I’ll just be here and wait for you, arasso?” the other says, trusting me greatly with his love.

I slid the door open and all these pairs of eyes dart immediately at me.

2NE1 are standing by the end of the ward’s bed - in the middle of a story telling, I hustled my tiny body in between Bommie and Chaerin.

“Annyeong” Ji greeted me.

“Hi…” I answered back, slightly uneasy. “I see you’re awake”

“Obviously yeah”

“How are you feeling?” now attempted to ask casually, while holding to the hem of my shirt.

“hmm... good”

“Good!”

I tried to sound jolly and relieved as possible, to uplift that solemn mood unfolding inside the room while these people watch us as if we’re in a Korean Drama and on the part where the two main leads reunite after long years of not seeing each other, expecting to see a burst of emotions and etc.

However, the exchange of conversation was sufficiently awkward, I’m trying my hardest to keep my smile longer than 5 seconds but it just goes back to normal.

I am glad to see him healthy and away from that sad looking Jiyong that I saw days ago. Back then I felt like if I see him open his eyes, I would run to him and give him a tight embrace, but now that he’s awake, my feet are nailed on the floor, not wanting to get any closer.

The others decided to give us some time to talk, they headed out the door leaving only me and him alone. For a while, there was silence.

What should I say? What should we talk about? Where do I start? I tried to come up of something, while circling my finger on the cold bed railing.

“Take a seat” he says.

“Ani it’s okay” I said, avoiding my gaze. My eyes then landed on YG sajangnim, who was still joining us in the room, but outside - in the balcony, talking with someone over the phone.

“Who is he talking to?” I asked as he looked serious and strained.

Ji raises his shoulder. “I don’t know. He’s been there for a while” his voice stretched as he reaches for an orange from the bowl of fruits on his side table. “Would you like some?” he offers.

I declined.

“I heard you cried the other day seeing me... Did I worry you too much?”

“You were thrown off the ground; of course everyone was worried and scared”

“Mianhae” he says lowly. “How was your trip though?”

“It’s good. How’s the album going?”

“It’s done...”

“Ahh that’s good”

“You must come to the studio one time and listen to it”

“Sure” I said briefly.

He pulls a small smile, and despite that uneasiness between us, we’re trying to go through it calmly.

A few chatters were heard outside the hallway, cheerful ones. Both our attention turned to it, you can hear Bommie squeal “Jagi~~~” like she’s not in a hospital at all. The others quickly tried to sush her.

“So you were with Donghae hyung huh?”

A change on his aura was sensed. I didn’t speak, but admittedly nodded my head.

“So you’re really a couple now?”

“...nae…”

“Is that why you’re here then? To settle things with me?” he throws his vex on the orange he’s peeling.

I stayed silent, anxious on what to come next, but at the same time brave.

“You know I really expected to see you beside me when I woke up… But you weren’t”

“What for? If Kiko was able to fly sooner, she could’ve been there”

Jiyong halted his activity, he looks down on his hand and sighs. “I broke up with her…”

“Why?”

“Because I wanted to be with you… I wanted to take you back”

I looked at him, perplexed. I knew he expressed his feelings last time and have felt odd by his sudden private messages, but I didn’t expect that he would really make such move.

“After knowing how you seems to be having fun in Bali with him... I got the urge to fight for you”

There it is. The phone call incident.

“Did you know that when you were in Bali, I tried calling you but Donghae answered your phone and asks me to leave you guys alone?”

“Yes” I said under my breath. “He told me...”

There was a flash of surprise in his expression, unexpecting that Donghae would. “And you easily let it go like that?”

“I know it was a bad th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter