The Hero

Still You, Just you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
. The Hero .

Dara’s POV

“Dara…”

 

“…ya noona… Noona”

I woke up with the sounds of playing music, tapping ballpen, footsteps, Teddy oppa laughing with Kush and Tabi, and Seungri’s voice all in one.

I glanced up only to see Seungri trying to juggle four oranges on his hands. He fails every time.

I sat up, still feeling a bit drowsy. “Did you just arrive?”

“Yes. Why aren’t you in the practice room? 2NE1 is there”

“I needed a quiet place to rest in”

“And you think this place is quiet?” He snickers.

Now that everyone’s here, no doubt the place is in chaos.

“Earlier it was”

”So how’s your leg?” he gives one of the oranges. And I think it’s the one that keeps on hitting the ground.

“Bit better”

It’s been a week since the accident, luckily there was no broken bone that needs to be casted, the injury is healing fast and I can now participate in broadcasts, as long as I don’t exert too much force on it.

Besides my legs, I got a bruise around my arm because it was quite a fall, but it can be hidden easily with jacket so no worry.

“How about your head, don’t you feel anything weird? Major headaches or fainting?”

“You sound like a doctor” I chuckled. “No… the doctor said there’s nothing to worry about. There’s no damage or anything, just krung krung”

“Well it was wise he secured your head first and fast. We never know what might have happened”

“I know. I still haven’t thanked him personally though”

“Do you want me to get his number?”

“No. Shouldn’t it be better if I do it face to face?”

Seungri smirked evilly; it seems he thinks he senses something.

“You just want to see him!” He clicked his tongue. “Okay okay… Treat him to lunch as a thank you then!”

“Heol~” I sneered. “I am not taking him anywhere”

“Why? Your dating ban is up, so go date!”

“Who are you gonna date, noona?” Youngbae turns the chair quickly after over hearing us.

“Starks” Seungri teased and eventually got hit lightly by a magazine on his head.

I looked up and it was Jiyong. “Ya stop saying nonsense, you’re up!”

Seungri stood up and proceeded inside the recording studio. They’ve been preparing diligently for their album.

Jiyong sat on the empty seat beside me. “Are you going to a broadcast tonight?” he asked while tapping on his cell phone.

“Yes” I hummed.

Today 2NE1 is scheduled to be recording for a CF. We’ll just be doing voice overs and head shots, which is good atleast it won’t require anything that requires leg work.

“So… about Iron man” Jiyong glanced at me, grinning.

“Nothing! Seungri was just teasing…”

“He was pretty heroic though” he says. Turning his attention back to his cell phone

“Yeah…  But I won’t go out with him, I’m just going to say thank you” I smiled reassuring him there won’t be anything else.

I don’t know if I still needed to convince him though, he looks way too busy on his cellphone to hear me. I sighed in disappointment; It’s not that I want him to care… I just had a clear sight of reality again.

You’re no longer his business, Dara…

 

Move on.

****

Donghae’s POV

“OW! OW!”

I cried as Eunhyuk carelessly bumps into my arm. “Oh sorry. Does it hurt?”

“What do you think? Seriously…”

“That’s what you get for diving off the stage” Yesung commented. I gave him a quick glare for him to shut up.

“Eunhyuk, move a little far from Donghae. Give his arm some space” Leeteuk ordered.

We’re at the radio broadcasting studio for Sukira and recording for a New Year special.

While waiting we scan through the pages of questions from fans that were left on the message board for the week.

Hmm... Which ones should we choose?

From our years in the industry, I’m surprised fans still have a lot to ask us when practically we have shared and revealed a lot already.

Plans, Solo and group Activities, Military, Tours, Hoobaes, Dorm life… Questions usually go revolve on these topics… And the ideal types and dating rumors just never grow old… as well as other controversies.

“Oh there are a lot of Dara ssi topics, starting from page 7” Eunhyuk exclaimed as he turns the pages to check for more.

I don’t blame the fans, the incident was sudden, and it surprised a lot of people: fans, viewers, artists, members, the entire industry and me.

I won’t be too shocked if same questions would be brought up on air. Knowing Ryeowook and Sungmin, they will not let it pass.

After waiting several minutes, finally we’re on air.

Doing this for years and on every promotion, we have find broadcasts comfortable, and Sukira radio just feels like an extension of our home: a place where we can relax and talk and act normally, without any restrictions.

“And this one is for Donghae hyung! Something almost every fan would ask now” Ryeowook clears his throat. “From angelblue154xx, oppa how is your injury? Will you be exempted in activities for the mean time? We’re worried. please get well soon TT TT...”

“I’m sorry if I worried everyone, but yes I’m alright. Just a few weeks more and the cast will be off. Thank you for the concern”

“I must say, the happening in the gayo was quite a shock for everyone, and your act was pretty heroic. It’s really a hot topic!” Ryeowook remarked while the members agrees. “Could you tell us more about it?”

“The accident itself was shocking. To think the firework machine exploding is scary… then terrifyingly it was right close to the artist area, especially to Sandara Park ssi. She’s practically standing next to it”

“And it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter