Our Unofficial Label

Still You, Just you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
.Our Unofficial Label.

Dara’s POV

Du-dun...

 

 

Seriously…

What great courage it is that pushed me to be in my place right now?

Taking the phone, facing his family through video call… I didn’t really plan this one out, I don’t think I can ever do it… but I just did. Donghae has already done a lot for me, and I felt it is just right for me to save his this time.

I said I was fine and ready but honestly deep inside I’m shaking and anxious. I smiled at his family through the front cam of his phone and greeted them lovingly as possible.

They were absolutely surprised to see me, but it’s Donghae’s brother who had the biggest reaction.

“Oh! Oh! I can’t believe this! Is this real? S…Sandara Park???” He exclaimed, unsettled on his seat. “Hae-aa! Why didn’t you tell me anything! You’re dating Sandara Park?!? Since when!?”

“Hyung, calm down. We’re not dating…” Donghae says.

“Eh!? Not dating!? But you’re together there right?”

Both our heads nodded together, making his family dubious and furrow their eyebrows. Our relationship status is quite complex, for even us don’t know how to label it, but we tried to explain and simplifying everything for easy understanding.

“So you’re like a couple but isn’t official yet?” Donghwa recited what he understood. Our heads moved again. “Still! You should have told us something, Hae… Imagine from being your crush, now she’s your girlfriend or something”

“Crush?” I asked.

“Don’t you know? He has a crush on you since the day you’ve met” I looked at Donghae as I am innocent of what his older brother just revealed.

If you think about it. We didn’t get to talk about things before actually… a lot of drama and stuffs get into the scene all the time that it just pass by and get forgotten. Remember that time when he said saranghae noona, it wasn’t cleared up who that noona is because the incident with Jaejoong and Ji happened.

Even when he confessed, we didn’t have the time to sit alone together after and discuss about his feelings, like how did he fell in love with me? Since when? And why?

All this time I thought I was different from the noona he’s originally inlove with. My guess was Song Hye Kyo for she has always been known as his crush, and that last year they were casted in a drama together but it was cancelled but reported that they become friends (providing support to their statement before that he’s happy because he has finally become friends with the one he likes)

I really thought he just had feelings for me while spending a lot of time with each other for the past weeks, like how I happen to fall for him. What the hell, then all those time I was crying about and having troubles with Jiyong I was unknowingly hurting him already.

What a tough guy he is really….

…and ridiculously crazy.

Seriously, how can he not tell me sooner?

Donghae’s mom stayed quiet while Donghwa continues to talk with me about random stuffs. I believe she was observing me, from the way I talk, answer things and to how I nervous and uncomfortable I look. I reckon she was going to stay like that for the entire call, but she didn’t.

The time she opened and spoke, it made my nerves shiver in fear. “Can you boys please leave? I want to talk to her alone”

“Omma…” Donghae cries in protest.

“What? It’s not like I’m going to scare or be cruel to her” the lady defended. “We’ll just have a chat. It’ll be quick”

As much I don’t want to be left alone with her, we had to follow what she said. Donghae was hesistant to leave, he looks at me and held my hand tightly.

“It’s okay. Go swim for now I’ll join you soon” I said with a doubting smile.

“It won’t take a while, baby boy. I’ll only say a few things, don’t worry” his mom guaranteed.

Donghae takes a deep breath and exhales. “Fine… But omma, please… Be nice” he pleaded on the camera again before he stands up.

“Arasso. Arraso. Now shoo!”

Half-heartedly Donghae left and did what we told him to, leaving me in a one-on-one situation with his mom.

She doesn’t look scary at all, but this is nerve wrecking indeed. I sat quietly there and waited her to speak up. She took a sip at her cup which seems to be tea then looked straight at me. “Sandara Park...”

“ You know, it’s only been a few months since the year started but I’ve already read a lot of things about you” she continues. “You’re the girl Donghae saved from Gayo, right? That’s why his arm was injured?”

“N…N…Nae, maam” My voice started in a stutter. “I’m really sorry for that. You must be really worried about him”

“You were also the girl who carelessly caught by fans and paparazzis at Kangin’s birthday right?” His mom referred to how I was taken a lot of pictures of for using the front door. “And the one got involved in a dating scandal with Jaejoong?”

My left hand and knuckle curled into a ball while resting on my lap. My shoulders stiffen and my throat starts to dry up.

I admit I’ve been involved so much this year that my name stayed ranking on TOP 20 of search engines. Even until now I’m at Top 17 as related to the You and I perf we had in YG family concert… and also Donghae was in Top 9 as his participation in the lapdance is still in everyone’s humor.

“Is it then you who invited Super Junior in YG concert and got him involved in that embarrassing special stage?”

If this conversation would be the base of first impression then I can gurantee that his mom would already have her eyebrows raised meeting me. I wouldn’t be surprised if she has a tad of uncertainty towards me, just imagine the trouble I could possibly cause her son.

“And now you’re with him in Bali alone without your companies knowing?” she says still with a calm and cold aura. “And for him to lie to us about not being with someone… in order to protect you...”

I felt a lump on my throat. But I took the courage to apologize sincerely, we didn’t really mean to lie and upset her. I also feel ashamed that we did, no matter how much he wants to protect me, who am I to be equalled to his mom?

My sight couldn’t look at her straight anymore, I am embrassed and in guilt. Tears start to gather up in my eyes because I am very overwhelmed. I’m not very good at confrontations and I get intimidated easily… if this was a normal day I would have walked out, but I can’t.

Atleast I want to pay respect and leave a good impression on her despite all the seemingly bad image I have now.

His mom appears to be like she has noticed my uneasiness for she has now stopped from asking me questions and just gazes at me quietly.

“… I’m sorry... I didn’t really mean to be like this…” her voice tone has changed to a warm and motherly tone. “It’s just my overly protective mother trait that’s acting up again… You see, like Donghwa has said, we’re aware that Donghae likes you for years… and I’m jealous… I’m sorry…”

She wore this apologetic look. She’s probably worried that Donghae might know about me tearing up and it would make him upset at her. But I assured her that whatever we talked about will only be between us.

"Are you forgiving me easily?" Well there's no way I can be mad at her right? It's understandable if she's protective. "Ahhh you're so kind~"

Of course I told her the story of how we unexpectedly met in Bali, so she wouldn’t think we intentionally did go behind our companies’ backs, also the story of the three friends’ evil scheme on how we ended up spenging time alone.

“So while you’re together… you’re taking the time to sort out your feelings toward each other?”

I nodded my head, for it was pretty much how it is.

“Ahhh…” his mom said with a smile. “Well, I don’t want to pressure you or anything, regardless of my little interrogation to you earlier… I really like you for my Donghae… I know you’re a nice, sweet and loving girl and I can see how he’s happy with you now, so I really wish you end up together…”

“Thank you…” I said shyly as she chuckles from the other line.

"But I really wish you two to be careful and not get caught. You're idols... and it's hard to be a couple" she says. “But if you're talking about sorting out feelings, there’s one thing I’m absolutely sure of, dear… and it's something you should know”

My eyes looked at her, with all ears and ready to listen.

“Donghae no longer needs to sort out his feelings… I know him… I can tell that he really loves you very much and I know how he will do anything to be there for you, to be with you and to make you smile…” she smiled beautifully at me.

Not even once have I ever doubted Donghae when he tells me that he loves me. I know how honest and sincere his words are al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter