After Some Time

Still You, Just you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
. After Some Time .

 

Normal POV

      The break up was essential nevertheless. For after that tragic night and the relationship being exposed, the two are under fire and under the watchful eye of the public.

         If they didn’t hit pause, they would barely have the freedom to date and people would just constantly hate, and would possibly just drain them more.

         The Fact news has risen because they’re the only press who’s got the scoop, they got pictures of their meetings and detailed accounts of the relationship. Jang Gu no longer went around the bush and just shoot everything he got.

         But despite it being too invading and under the belt. The companies involved stayed chaste and lull about the issue. They respected the couple’s choice to take that break to rest.

 

      Moving on was never an easy road.

 

      After a month of crying and heartbreak, both has found a way to get back into their feet and face tomorrow, they do not want to burden anyone, and most likely they don’t want to ruin a concert or delay a whole drama production. They kept themselves busy with their own activities.

     But most of the time they would still find themselves crying when they’re alone in their room and before going to sleep, look at each other’s profiles and SNS to see how they’ve been. There was even a time in a YG concert, Dara burst in tears when she was singing You & I, reminding her of the night when she and Donghae sang it together at bonfire in Bali.

 

      Later on, they learned to move on and just let it go.

 

      The days of separation turned to weeks.

 

      And the weeks eventually turned to months.

 

      Time passed by so quick and the year is almost reaching its end.

 

      A lot has happened all that while.

 

      Things have changed.

 

      And the idea of getting back together was no longer in mind.

 

      But so we’ve thought…

     

      “Ya Hae. We’ve been here for an hour now. Maybe she’s not coming today” Ken exclaims while looking out the window, scanning the vicitnity. “Look how deserted their parking area is”

      The guy who was seated in the front passenger seat, just ignored what his friend says. “Let’s just wait a little longer please…”

      “You’ve been saying that since we came” the other commented but there’s nothing he can do but follow Donghae’s request. They waited a little longer inside that small black picanto car that’s parked in a corner street of Hapjeong. To lessen the boredom, Ken taps his hands on the wheel in an upbeat while Donghae remained silent and in anticipation to see what they’ve been waiting for to arrive.

      A few minutes later, 2NE1’s black van appeared and parked. Donghae slightly rose from his seat, taking a better look if Dara is going to hop off it or not. But nope, no one went out of the van but their manager. He was alone and looks like he was just there to pick up a few stuff.

      “Maybe she’s at home?” Ken asks, glancing at the person next to him, he clearly sees the sadness in his eyes, how much he oozes longing for her. He misses Dara greatly.

 “Do you want to go to her house or dorm next?” He asked.

      Donghae shakes his head, taking a deep breath, clearly disappointed, how today snooping session was not successful. And even if he wants to go to Apgeujong next and try if he can see her he has other places to go today so he can’t.

      Ken turned his car keys to on. “So to your company next?”

      “Yeah” Donghae says, putting his seatbelt on. “Thanks again, Ken for driving me here”

      “Anytime” Ken mouth curved a small smile but feeling slightly disappointed. “You know you should just come up to her door straight, knock and talk to her. That’s easier”

      Donghae visits the YG building, 2NE1’s dorm or Dara’s apartment almost everyday– waiting for Dara to pass by, just to see a glimpse of her, just to see she’s okay. But because it would be troublesome if fans or press or bystanders sees his car or Super Junior’s in the vicinity, he uses Ken and Goon’s cars instead.

         “Hmmm… So did you guys went to see Dara again?” the Super Junior asked once they’ve arrived in SM building. “How was it?”

        Ken just pulled this facial expression that’s already become a clear answer, Donghae went straight to the sofa and sat there quietly. Ken placed down paper bags on the wooden table inside the practice room. The guys were curious of what it is and immediately asked. “Some snacks for you and Dana’s wedding invitations”

         “Waaah. So it’s true! Her wedding was moved to an earlier date!” Kangin exclaims, pulling out one for him to see. “Shouldn’t it suppose to be in January?”

         “Dana is pregnant, of course she would want to be married while she’s still in shape” Ken breaks the news she’s 2 months pregnant.

         “What!? Haha! How can she be pregnant before the wedding!?” Leeteuk exclaims. “Shouldn’t they’ve just save it for their honeymoon?”

         “Well maybe they just love each other too much and they just can’t wait”

         “But how fancy they are to have beach wedding in Jeju Island, even having a resort accommodations for guests. How rich is the husband eh!”

         Eunhyuk took a seat beside his best friend and even hangs his arm around his shoulder. “Ya it’s not for the male lead to look gloomy at presscon tomorrow”

         Donghae didn’t respond, he just looked blankly on the floor, his mouth half open while his finger sweeps on his lips, his other arm tightly hugging his only son, Haeru. Still in deep thought about Dara, and where she could be now.

        “Seriously Hae, why don’t you just get back together? I don’t even understand what’s stopping you to do so. People have already moved on from it” Heechul is slightly bothered of his behaviour, it’s unbearable and idiotic (for him). “You no longer need the ‘space’ you know. You’ve already have enough of that”

         “If you exert effort to visit her every day, why don’t you just use that energy and courage to come up to her and fix it. Hug her. Kiss her! That’s how you should do it.”

         “You all make it sound easy. It’s hard okay?” Donghae says.

          “But you never even tried!”

          “How can I? I feel like she’s mad at me”

         “Why wouldn’t she?” they all said together. “Weren’t we mad at you before too?”

         Admittedly, when Dara and Donghae broke up, everyone thought they will get back together eventually, but it didn’t happened. They tried meddling in but it was no use. They were super disappointed at Donghae, he gave up, he let her go, he wasn’t the fishy they know who would keep on fighting, who was dreaming to be with her forever.

         He promised her a life together, but then he walks away from it.

         Thus he can’t complain if s or friends start on giving him sermon about it. The break up was his call. It was him who asked for space, so in case there was anyone to blame of where they relationship ended, it was him. Donghae admits he regrets it, but how can he fix it. What face will I show her?

         “Ah good you’re here” Siwon exclaims, arriving only now, interrupting the conversation. “Are you ready to go, hyung?”

         “Why? Where are you two going?” the others asked.

         “We just needed to buy something for the press conference tomorrow” Siwon says, apparently he was the other male lead on Donghae and Yoona’s drama, he was the love rival.

         The fishy stood up, still in a sultry mood, wore his cap and wore his hood over it.

 

 

****

Dara’s POV

     “Number one for this week is???...”

      dugudugudugudugun…

      The score board showed on screen, 3 artists are aiming for the spot. One is 15&, then Baek Ah Yeon and then Lee Hi. The numbers increased together with colourful bars..

      As the numbers stopped and revealed the winner, confetti bursted and rained the stage. “Lee Hi ssi!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!” Kwanghee announces with a wide smile. But he kept the trophy to himself for Lee Hi wasn’t around. “It is unfortunate that she can’t be with us today and accept their award due to her other activities”

     “But we will make sure that the award will be handed to them safely. Again, Congratulations Lee Hi!” Girl’s Day Minah says with her pretty eye smile. “And for everyone who has been with us today, thank you for watching”

     “Join us again next week. You’re watching…”

      “SBS INKIGAYO. ANNYEONG!!!” The two MCs waved together with the other artists on stage, bidding farewell. There was no encore and immediately got cut.

      But despite the show being over the clapping and cheers still didn’t stop. “WAAAAH OUR BABY HAYI WON! SHE WON! WOOT WOOT!” Bommie excitedly cheered while inside my car, with Hayi’s victory she continues to rejoice and shakes my arm.

       “Ya, Bommie! I’m driving” I exclaimed, pushing her hands away. “Do you want us to die?!?!”

      “Hmf! Grumpy!” Bommie pouted, sitting straight and turned back to her phone, where she streamed the show. “We should call her and ask her to join us in Yeolbong” She places a finger on her chin as she thinks. “Or should we go get steak instead?”

      “I’ll tell on you to Hwangsabu” I warned.

      “What? It’s not like we still have concerts to think about?” she defended, bringing the phone to her ear.

      Indeed, for the past few months, we’ve been to Japan, China, Singapore, Philipp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter